Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 05:30 PM

146 posts, read 78,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Thanks. I honestly thought (although I admit that I didn't pay much attention at the time) that he actually attacked to the point of violent rape and might have possibly given the women some kind of date rape drug.

IF -- and this is a big IF as I don't know much about this kind of thing at all -- I wouldn't think it would be much different than getting a woman high or drunk in order to make her more vulnerable. I definitely could be wrong about that! But if I am right, it seems to me that a long prison sentence is too harsh, as I would suspect that many males have been guilty of doing something similar -- NOT that this makes it okay! (It is most definitely NOT okay!)

Exactly and I am not saying things like this are ok also, however there are many women who are into that lifestyle. Why else would they take the drug? What do people take Molly at parties for? What do they take Extasy for? What do people do all those other party drugs for? Why do some people love to get "bent" with alcohol at clubs and parties? What is the expectation when you take them with someone? To have intelligent conversations? It makes you smarter, run faster, see better? Lol.
And this is for the other cases that have come out with the same thing where the women admit they took the drug offered to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Cosby's team and supporters are gloating like he is innocent. Will he have to register as a sex offender??
That is removed also. He has been very cleared up.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Won't comment of Cosby's guilt or innocence, but I wish folk would appreciate the importance of DA's (or any entity's) offices being bound by its agreement(s), regardless of who's the DA. How many "lay folk" were victims of offices "changing their minds," due to a new DA in charge?
Maybe hopefully this case can domino effect into others where things can get revealed on whether their cases were done the same way.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:56 PM

298 posts, read 117,042 times
Good for him.

Poor guy was railroaded.

Can you imagine if you partied with women and then years later were falsely convicted of something that you didn't do? Terrible.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:32 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
Good for him.

Poor guy was railroaded.

Can you imagine if you partied with women and then years later were falsely convicted of something that you didn't do? Terrible.
All 60 women, I’m sure you’re joking, right?

Old 07-01-2021, 06:41 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
Good for him.

Poor guy was railroaded.

There really needs to be some sort of time limit for these accusations- if I get beaten and robbed, it would be absurd for me to go to the authorities about it 5 years later. It needs to be the same way for alleged rape/sexual assault/sexual harassment victims. In all frankness, allegations from unscrupulous women years or even decades after the alleged "sex crime" happened should never see the light of day in a halfway sane society.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:46 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
All 60 women, I’m sure you’re joking, right?
The problem of course is that none of these 66 women or the 33 women posted elsewhere made the charge in a reasonable period of time. At this point it is likely they are motivated by large potential settlements. I would also suspect virtually none have a case for proving it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Did he do it beyond a reasonable doubt? Virtually impossible to demonstrate after this period of time.

I would think he might consider suing a few of these ladies. After a couple get hit for a million or so I will bet you the others go away.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:49 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Good for him.

Poor guy was railroaded.

This doesn’t prove him innocent. It just means he got out on a technicality; ironically related to him admitting to drugging and assaulting a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
There really needs to be some sort of time limit for these accusations- if I get beaten and robbed, it would be absurd for me to go to the authorities about it 5 years later. It needs to be the same way for alleged rape/sexual assault/sexual harassment victims. In all frankness, allegations from unscrupulous women years or even decades after the alleged "sex crime" happened should never see the light of day in a halfway sane society.
There is. In that area it was 12 years iirc.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:52 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
This doesn’t prove him innocent. It just means he got out on a technicality; ironically related to him admitting to drugging and assaulting a woman.

There is. In that area it was 12 years iirc.
It needs to be something like 48-72 hours.

Old 07-01-2021, 06:54 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
It needs to be something like 48-72 hours.
Yeah… no… that’s not how the process works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies