Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 09:50 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As I said, I have no idea why looting and burning was allowed. Antifa is some crazy group and they should have been arrested. Whoever the outsiders were who were burning and looting should have been arrested.
Damage was done BUT the damage that was done by invading our capitol, threatening to kill members of our government, breaking windows, occupying offices, and so on--that's a crime against all Americans. And it was done by a large organized group, organized in advance too because they came from all over the country. It wasn't some miscellaneous looters who saw chaos and came running to take advantage. This Jan 6th action was an attack. And it was an attack against America and Americans by a very large group of crazed idiots. I know I am not the only American who couldn't believe that this was happening in our country and I know I wasn't the only American who felt threatened and felt attacked. That event was probably the most UN American thing I have seen in my life. And remember, some of the capitol police enabled them, helped them so WTH is going on? Our president refused to do anything, didn't call them off. UN American.
Anitifa was pretty organized last summer enough to bring people from all over, and doing damage to hardworking people’s businesses, stealing, burning their businesses, we had our business burned to the ground a few years back and it was hell. Employees out, loss of computers, inventory, business contacts, vendors etc…. Plus insurance headaches, government hassles etc…. People seems to be flippant and say insurance will take care of it, but it is grueling, long, heartbreaking. The governors and mayors allowed it, they could have put a end to it, but allowed it. Put their own citizens safety in danger and they allowed it. Honestly I feel more sorry for them then politicians in d.c.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 10:04 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
As I said, I have no idea why looting and burning was allowed. Antifa is some crazy group and they should have been arrested. Whoever the outsiders were who were burning and looting should have been arrested.
Damage was done BUT the damage that was done by invading our capitol, threatening to kill members of our government, breaking windows, occupying offices, and so on--that's a crime against all Americans. And it was done by a large organized group, organized in advance too because they came from all over the country. It wasn't some miscellaneous looters who saw chaos and came running to take advantage. This Jan 6th action was an attack. And it was an attack against America and Americans by a very large group of crazed idiots. I know I am not the only American who couldn't believe that this was happening in our country and I know I wasn't the only American who felt threatened and felt attacked. That event was probably the most UN American thing I have seen in my life. And remember, some of the capitol police enabled them, helped them so WTH is going on? Our president refused to do anything, didn't call them off. UN American.
Well said

Old 07-04-2021, 10:26 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,473,493 times
Quote:
I don't think you really believe this. It's an after the fact rationalization that allows you to dismiss a summer's worth of insanity.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
If we make it to 11/8/2022 let’s revisit. I think you’ll see the past decade in an entirely new light.

Quote:
A policeman sees a drunk man searching for something under a streetlight and asks what the drunk has lost. He says he lost his keys and they both look under the streetlight together. After a few minutes the policeman asks if he is sure he lost them here, and the drunk replies, no, and that he lost them in the park. The policeman asks why he is searching here, and the drunk replies, "this is where the light is"

Old 07-04-2021, 10:31 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Anitifa was pretty organized last summer enough to bring people from all over, and doing damage to hardworking people’s businesses, stealing, burning their businesses, we had our business burned to the ground a few years back and it was hell. Employees out, loss of computers, inventory, business contacts, vendors etc…. Plus insurance headaches, government hassles etc…. People seems to be flippant and say insurance will take care of it, but it is grueling, long, heartbreaking. The governors and mayors allowed it, they could have put a end to it, but allowed it. Put their own citizens safety in danger and they allowed it. Honestly I feel more sorry for them then politicians in d.c.
It wasn't so much that it was an attack on politicians but it was an attack on every single living American. On all of us. It's like a stab to America's heart. Just stab us, go ahead, that's how it felt. If you love our country (and I know you must) you must have felt it too.

I felt like I was living in some third world country where the crazies were at war. I remember when I went to DC as a tourist one time the signs said that buildings like the Smithsonian and the National Cathedral belonged to all of us. That's why there was no admission charge. They were ours just as our national parks are ours. They are all in the hearts of Americans. So when the monsters charged the capitol building, climbing over barriers, smashing windows, running around like wild animals and often dressed in stupid costumes like a bunch of freaks, carrying weapons, it felt like an assault. It was an assault and a threat toward millions of people and probably some of them wanted to take over the government. They certainly wanted to interfere with the government. That is not a comforting feeling to an American, that's not how we do things around here.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:39 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
It wasn't so much that it was an attack on politicians but it was an attack on every single living American. On all of us. It's like a stab to America's heart. Just stab us, go ahead, that's how it felt. If you love our country (and I know you must) you must have felt it too.

I felt like I was living in some third world country where the crazies were at war. I remember when I went to DC as a tourist one time the signs said that buildings like the Smithsonian and the National Cathedral belonged to all of us. That's why there was no admission charge. They were ours just as our national parks are ours. They are all in the hearts of Americans. So when the monsters charged the capitol building, climbing over barriers, smashing windows, running around like wild animals and often dressed in stupid costumes like a bunch of freaks, carrying weapons, it felt like an assault. It was an assault and a threat toward millions of people and probably some of them wanted to take over the government. They certainly wanted to interfere with the government. That is not a comforting feeling to an American, that's not how we do things around here.
You do remember that memorials were painted over in DC last summer during the protest and riots…. If there was a insurrection, believe me if a group was serious enough they wouldn’t have Buffalo boy leading the charge. A bunch of wackos was all it amounted to. What truly looked like a third world country was Minneapolis and Portland.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:55 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I don't think you really believe this. It's an after the fact rationalization that allows you to dismiss a summer's worth of insanity.
She didn't dismiss the summer riots. She acknowledged them.

I guess you can't accept her view of the Jan 6 event. I think she explained it quite well. I agree with her. Seeing the Capitol desecrated like that really hurt, like a stab in the heart of America.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:59 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I don’t lump all Democrats in with liberals. To be a liberal you have to be a contrarian personality. If people they deem “normal” feels a certain way, the liberal will always go against them because they can’t help themselves. It’s mostly dishonest.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:20 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
In an attempt to be fair, how many democrats are offended by the flag should be really rephrased as how many outliers are out there think the flag is bad.

I wanna believe what I believe and I hope I'm semi-right.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:15 AM

6,116 posts, read 3,347,968 times
Quote:
You have no idea why the burning and looting was allowed?

Let me help you with that.

It was punishment, pure and simple. We didn’t vote how they wanted us to vote, so they punished us for it, both with the BLM movement and all the unnecessary lockdowns.

It was also a message, too. Either capitulate to the DNC (and a faction of the GOP as well), i.e. Corporate America, or suffer the consequences, because the next time we step out of line, it’s gonna be much worse.

The DNC left nothing to chance in 2020, that’s why in addition to the punishment they dished out, they also rigged the elections in key counties in key states.

Jan 6th wasn’t an attack. It was just a bunch of people who knew they were defeated just acting out and walking around the Capitol and making a mess here and there. There was no attack, nobody rushed the Capitol spraying AR-15 gunfire and killing scores of people.

But to get back on point, the day is coming where the Stars and Stripes gets replaced as the national flag, I firmly believe that. But it won’t die completely, it will become the flag of the resistance. Perhaps a peaceful resistance, but a resistance nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies