Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 09:08 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,445,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Are you kidding? Wokery and now CRT has made it so every encounter between whites and blacks has the subtext of race.
No, that's false and delusional. Most people don't care about or even mention it in most interactions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 09:21 AM

38,316 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It will only get worse. Biden and Harris campaigned on this and got elected.
A few bills coming out of Congress contained discriminatory practices and was shot down by judges....money to Black farmers and not White farmers.

Congress and Biden passed and signed bills containing "systemic racism" and no one blinked an eye until it got brought to court.
It's seems like the Democrats started to see how black voters were slowly swinging to Republicans, so the dems decided to go on this racist tact, to create hatred and angst between blacks and whites. The strategy seems to be to alienate every race against whites, setting up the Democrats as the only party on "their side."

While the Democrats were making whites out to be irrevocably evil racists, they were simultaneously pushing wokeness, to keep the woke whites on their side. This way the dems can vilify and demonize whites, and the woke whites will feel immune, cuz they are the good and virtuous white people, the enlightened and repentant whites.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:22 AM

43,453 posts, read 18,562,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's seems like the Democrats started to see how black voters were slowly swinging to Republicans, so the dems decided to go on this racist tact, to create hatred and angst between blacks and whites. The strategy seems to be to alienate every race against whites, setting up the Democrats as the only party on "their side."

While the Democrats were making whites out to be irrevocably evil racists, they were simultaneously pushing wokeness, to keep the woke whites on their side. This way the dems can vilify and demonize whites, and the woke whites will feel immune, cuz they are the good and virtuous white people, the enlightened and repentant whites.
It's backfiring on young females though as transgenders are taking their place in sports and the workplace.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No, that's false and delusional. Most people don't care about or even mention it in most interactions.
You say that to yourself until someone you know says their grade school child comes crying home from school, because his class did a "privilege walk" and he realized he was one of the bad people, the evil racist white oppressors.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's backfiring on young females though as transgenders are taking their place in sports and the workplace.
There will be a few bumps in the road.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:28 AM

5,103 posts, read 2,326,995 times
How does any of this lead to a more productive, cohesive work place? How does this help people to do their jobs better? How could any of this possibly have those effects?

Old 07-07-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You say that to yourself until someone you know says their grade school child comes crying home from school, because his class did a "privilege walk" and he realized he was one of the bad people, the evil racist white oppressors.
My son went to school when all this was first starting back in the 90's.
He came into the kitchen yelling at me because I was doing the dishes and planet had no water.

A six year old cannot differentiate subjective from literal. They take everything said literally.

I made a trip to school and spoke with the teacher on that after talking to 2 other moms that incurred the same situation.

These types of lessons aren't found in books and are verbally taught in school.

And when I went to school it was about littering and not starting forest fires (Smokey the Bear).

Old 07-07-2021, 09:32 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,445,503 times
Quote:
Ok, I don't have children so I admit I may not be fully informed about how the education debate on this is unfolding, however this thread is about the work environment in large corporations and that was the context of my reply since I do have experience with that.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:37 AM

34,302 posts, read 18,684,055 times
Quote:
The Wokesters won't be happy until all Whites are forced to do a Bataan Death March to a concentration camp. Can you imagine a world without Whites? Especially White European and Asian Males that created much of what we have today?

Old 07-07-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Ok, I don't have children so I admit I may not be fully informed about how the education debate on this is unfolding, however this thread is about the work environment in large corporations and that was the context of my reply since I do have experience with that.
The work environment is no different than school when it comes to these "lessons".
It's actually worse because everyone involved is adults. They know the truth but they have to shut up and march in line.

During my career I actually turned down 2 offers of transfer and promotion because I knew it was based on me being a female engineer. I knew I didn't have the skillset and that others on my team did (males). Among my team I would tease them that I would pull the "girl card" and be their boss

My company's annual report at the time was full of "skin colors and genders" to show how diverse the company was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies