Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 12:39 PM

20,350 posts, read 19,947,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
How does any of this lead to a more productive, cohesive work place? How does this help people to do their jobs better? How could any of this possibly have those effects?
As long as it doesn't hurt my investments they can caterwaul their wokeness on their empoyees all they want.

At the end of the day it's the bottom line that really matters. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 10:56 PM

8,946 posts, read 2,970,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You just described the free markets.

The free markets consolidate these companies in diverse/cosmopolitan cities. They hire people with the qualifications (that you despise) because the markets value service sector employment in the American labor pool.

Those employees incentivize the companies to adopt these policies.

If you hate CRT, blame the free markets.
So you're saying companies never do unpopular things to satisfy their CEO and woke culture?

HAHA. Are you serious?

You've never heard the phenomenon "Get Woke Go Broke."

The "free market" is rejecting this. That's why Hollywood is in the toilet.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:59 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,794,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No suprising once you recognize a company like Raytheon is so dependent of the federal govt that it is really just a defacto branch of it.
Perhaps you should look a the long trail of corporations thriving from Federal government dependency.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:03 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,528,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No suprising once you recognize a company like Raytheon is so dependent of the federal govt that it is really just a defacto branch of it.
Exactly. No CRT = No contracts.

They don't actually believe this rubbish, but they will bow down for the dollars.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:08 AM

10,495 posts, read 4,057,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
It really is outrageous how many US companies are now adopting "woke" demands for their employees and even partners-- Coca Cola, Goldman-Sachs, Blackrock, Google, Facebook and now even defense contractors like Raytheon. It's straight corruption, and Big Tech, Big Pharma and Big Defense are the worst offenders. Like I said before, the worst and dumbest mistake the Republican Party ever made was to get in bed with US big business, because there's nothing "conservative" at all about big corporations in the USA. They want to turn a profit any way they can and they'll back-stab traditional American values and communities to do it, and now that the USA has had such extreme demographic change-- with white Americans already a minority among American children, and the US white population shrinking fast every year, corporations are going "woke" to pander to the "new Americans".
Agreed, which is why I was never for the GOP. This is what we were taught, that the Republicans were for the rich and the Democrats for the poor. So, over time, it's not the GOP that changed, it's the democrats who changed.

Started with Clinton when he decided to sign the Republican designed platform that is known as NAFTA! Since then, both parties been working together to destroy the middle class and small businesses while increasing inflation and taxes for the working man.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:11 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,794,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I'm so glad I've been self-employed for the past 40 years so I don't have to put up with this crap. However, I do stand in front of the mirror every day and repeat, "You are White and you are Evil". It makes me feel so much better.
Let's face it for eons to current day a majority of our community should receive the label "evil white degenerates"
I believe it's well overdue and we're barely expected look in the mirror and already dislike it.

Their community (POC not just the blacks) have endured dozens of decades of tongue lashing and stigmas. Our community endures a small taste and want to cry "uncle" cowards will be cowards.. easy to spot the inferior-minded species.

When White Dependency begins to lose its luster...we have whining.

Whining Supremacy.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:25 AM

10,495 posts, read 4,057,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
From the OP link:

"In a related lesson, Raytheon asks white employees to deconstruct their identities and “identify [their] privilege.” The company argues that white, straight, Christian, able-bodied, English-speaking men are at the top of the intersectional hierarchy—and must work on “recognizing [their] privilege” and “step aside” in favor of other identity groups."

[END QUOTE]

So what are they supposed to do? Resign? Stop applying for promotions? Stop applying to colleges and universities?

What?
All the CEO's and the board need to resign first and then give their jobs to POC, women, other religions, etc. But they won't give up their 18 million dollar salaries and will just force the little guys to do it instead. And while they are at it, hire the women and POC at a cheaper rate because that's what happens when corporations decided to go woke. I wonder how many here know that Raytheon's engineering teams tend to comprise mostly of interns who don't even get compensation?

Last edited by warhorse78; 07-08-2021 at 12:51 AM..

Old 07-08-2021, 12:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
It really is outrageous how many US companies are now adopting "woke" demands for their employees and even partners-- Coca Cola, Goldman-Sachs, Blackrock, Google, Facebook and now even defense contractors like Raytheon. It's straight corruption, and Big Tech, Big Pharma and Big Defense are the worst offenders. Like I said before, the worst and dumbest mistake the Republican Party ever made was to get in bed with US big business, because there's nothing "conservative" at all about big corporations in the USA. They want to turn a profit any way they can and they'll back-stab traditional American values and communities to do it, and now that the USA has had such extreme demographic change-- with white Americans already a minority among American children, and the US white population shrinking fast every year, corporations are going "woke" to pander to the "new Americans".
So who will replace us, if not the Jews, the Latinos?

Old 07-08-2021, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Wanna get rid of racism. Stop talking about it. The surest sign that you're civilization is still racist? Nobody can shut up about race. Everyone constantly thinks about race. This crap ain't helping there.
And quit being racist!

Old 07-08-2021, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
R.I.P. Raytheon.
On another hand, when weapons company goes down, it's a good thing.
On the other hand, conservatives surely wonder how lavishly well supported the Chinese military has been by the CCP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies