Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still wear a mask in public?
I still wear a mask in public even though I am vaccinated 21 19.27%
I still wear a mask in public and am unvaccinated 6 5.50%
I do not wear a mask in public and am vaccinated 54 49.54%
I do not wear a mask in pubic and am unvaccinated 28 25.69%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 10:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times

Advertisements

I want the option to choose: “I do not wear a mask and I have been injected with nanotechnology that is transforming me into The Borg.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 12:13 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't still get it and spread it. It just means your symptoms will be less severe. I do wear one to protect the kids under 12 who are vulnerable because it's not just about me.
Lol so you are never going to give up wearing a mask?

Old 07-07-2021, 12:16 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
These 14%-15% Asians in Seattle are fresh off the boat from Asia?
Most of them are not. And I never saw "masked up Asians" in Seattle before the pandemic EXCEPT for the obvious tourists (Those posing for pics in front of tourist attractions).

Old 07-07-2021, 02:15 AM

14,217 posts, read 4,588,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Most of them are not. And I never saw "masked up Asians" in Seattle before the pandemic EXCEPT for the obvious tourists (Those posing for pics in front of tourist attractions).
i just want to be sure that enlighten progressive poster middle-aged-mom is not a racist against asians with his/her dumb post
Quote:
The population in Seattle is 14-15% Asian. Wearing masks is second nature to some Asians.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:20 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Those masks won't even protect you from a mild fart. Why would I waste my money on one if it isn't required?
Is that what doctors and nurses say at the hospitals?

Old 07-07-2021, 02:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I want the option to choose: “I do not wear a mask and I have been injected with nanotechnology that is transforming me into The Borg.”
Is that a form of GMO creature?

Old 07-07-2021, 02:39 AM

14,217 posts, read 4,588,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Is that what doctors and nurses say at the hospitals?
yeah....with N95 mask, face shield, full gown, gloves.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:08 AM

238 posts, read 99,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It is weird. You have to remember though, Seattle is one of the most far-left cities in the nation. The residents are trying to outdo each other with virtue signaling and showing how compliant they are to a petty little dictator in Olympia. WA had mask mandates and lockdowns in place months after Idaho opened up, and even before that many were not wearing masks here. Our residents are FAR less tolerant of accepting the dictates of a power-hungry governor.
You got that right. I moved to Florida 2 months ago after 10 years in Seattle surrounded by garbage I never voted for.

They'd vote for Charles Manson if he ran as a Democrat... Don't even get me started on Inslee. Petty little dictator is right.

As for the residents... yeah. Sheep. I can't tell you how many times I saw residents driving alone in their cars with masks on... Scared of Casper carrying the corona maybe? I dunno. When I left they had just opened up vaxxed and unvaxxed sections at Mariners games... vaccine passport required.

The stuff that Florida governor DeSantis has banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't still get it and spread it. It just means your symptoms will be less severe. I do wear one to protect the kids under 12 who are vulnerable because it's not just about me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What is this at risk cohort of 12 year olds you encounter? Immunocompromised? Other pre-existing conditions?
I was wondering the same thing. Children are by far the lowest risk age group... but yet we see parents scrambling to get their kids vaxxed. It's as if nobody looks at the numbers... or they've just been brainwashed by the fearmongering media. Unless they have some pre-existing condition I have to ask... why?

Old 07-07-2021, 04:16 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,654,531 times
I had taken my mask off, but with the rise of the Delta variant, I've put it back on in crowded, indoor settings. While me wearing the mask isn't nearly as effective as the infected person wearing the mask, it does offer me something. I've been vaccinated but the vaccine only provides 60-something% against contracting the Delta variant with a high protection rate for serious illness. So even if I get it, I'm likely to be okay. I just don't want to get sick...period. So, if I can reduce my viral load by even 10%, I'm good with that.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:25 AM

5,136 posts, read 3,752,400 times
No vaxx no mask. If you got your jab why would you worry about me? I would think if you were brave enough to take an untested whatever you want to call it then you can come out from under the bed already. How easily you have been herded. You and your parents should be ashamed of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies