Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 04:41 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,576,004 times

Advertisements

What a foolish thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 05:04 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well you got the first part right...more people "voting" then any other election.
Yes, voting. Got a problem with that?

Old 07-07-2021, 05:19 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,825,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I won’t make fun of Biden; that’s just not cool. My father-in-law passed late last year after years of decreased cognitive ability. Biden’s behavior is similar in so many ways to my FIL; the fits of anger (a mask for confusion) constant repeating of things, word replacement, the stargazing facial expressions, all of it.

Several weeks before my FIL passed I walked in his door to see him sitting in his wheelchair with a face mask OVER HIS EYES. Why? He heard the news on TV saying that one could get COVID through the eyes. It panicked and frightened him so badly that he was sitting isolated on his farm with a freakin’ mask over his eyes. That’s dementia. That’s fear. And I see it in Biden every time I look at him.

It’s downright negligent, forcing this tired old man to perform. I sincerely hope that anybody who thinks Biden is fine never has to suffer the indignity of watching their own parent go through this.
My dad has dementia. He's at the end stages. Biden doesn't display anything similar to dementia based on my experience and my observations of the other residents in my dad's memory care unit. I think it's shameful that people attempt to relate what true dementia patients go through to their fabricated image of Biden. It's really disgusting.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:31 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
My dad has dementia. He's at the end stages. Biden doesn't display anything similar to dementia based on my experience and my observations of the other residents in my dad's memory care unit. I think it's shameful that people attempt to relate what true dementia patients go through to their fabricated image of Biden. It's really disgusting.
early vs. end stage dementia are not quite the same thing
no fabrication re: zho's dementia is necessary.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:58 PM

17,825 posts, read 13,733,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

My MIL is going through it right now, I've known her for almost 30 years, she's not the same person these days, she's in her 80s.
This is what is hilarious about right wingers. All right wingers are experts on dementia and they can diagnose Joe Biden from afar. And virtually every single right winger says they "know" about dementia because somebody in their family had/has it. Thus they are an expert. A few others have claimed they are like CNA's in a nursing home and that "qualifies" them to diagnose dementia.

Fact of the matter is there isn't likely more than a handful of people on this board that actually know dementia and if they do they can easily point out mannerisms and behaviors of BOTH Trump or Biden that would be suggestive of mild dementia. And while every right winger INSISTS that Biden has dementia they refuse to acknowledge that Trump might have it as well. And obviously it works in reverse. Left wingers can see it in Trump but not in Biden.

Having worked around dementia patients and mentally ill patients for the better part of 35 years and having hours and hours of continuing education on topic I can say that the correct answer for both men is "maybe, but not likely"....

Old 07-07-2021, 06:09 PM

19,838 posts, read 9,402,929 times
Quote:
Sorry about your dad -- truly -- but I am just curious as to why yours is the very first post I've seen from someone who has a close relative with dementia who has NOT claimed similarities to Biden.

Do you think that all the other posters -- and I am talking about literally dozens -- are just mistaken, or that their hatred or dislike for Biden (or their "love" for Trump) is so strong that they are deluding themselves?

Old 07-07-2021, 06:14 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
I never suggested that Biden was at any measurable end stage, FYI.

But he’s struggling. I see it. I know it.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:17 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,274,199 times
The semantics of describing what he has or what is wrong with him doesn't really matter. Something is wrong with him.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:19 PM

17,694 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
My impression of the first six months is that Republicans are flailing, trying desperately to find some way to make Biden unpopular. This one theme has been running for a while now, yet the government seems to be functioning. Basically government by committee, I suppose, although Biden manages to present himself decently well in sound bites. At least the crazy has mostly gone away and things seem more stable now. I can live with it.
Even an imbecile like Biden and the woketards in charge could manage the economy and pandemic response of the Trump administration. If Biden and his cabal would have just done nothing, that would have been an improvement over their performance so far.

Any "success" of the Biden administration is due solely to the Trump administration.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:39 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,640,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
he may not be....and he's still doing a much better job than Trump..you go Joe!!!..
How many illegals are you going to be taking in at your house:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies