Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 12:44 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Or Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is the correct one. Covid is a real problem. It either started in a chinese wet market or got released from a lab (I believe it was a lab) and if it was the lab either by accident or intentional (we will likely never know) and Trump being president democrats are going to use it against him. Democrats could not use 9/11 against Bush because he handled it pretty well up until the invasions and wars went south. So covid was not created to hurt Trump. But certainly it was used for that purpose by those who don't like him. The GOP would have done the same thing if a dem was in the white house. But the fact that the GOP are for less government it made dealing with the pandemic harder. It went against the grain. I am a Libertarian and want a super small government so all of this was deeply troubling to me.

So there is a Delta variant. Its real. It started in India. Sure it will be hyped up. And it this point its not helping either side. We are not going back to masks and shut downs no matter how it goes. No benefit except for big pharma who can keep making more boosters for the masses.
Time will tell . I believe there was probably much more nefarious intentions on the part of the Chinese than perhaps you do. Trump was at odds ( to put it mildly ) with China. Biden in bed with them . And as they say the rest is history. Probably don't need to actually go down that rabbit hole for you to get the idea.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:48 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Or Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is the correct one. Covid is a real problem. It either started in a chinese wet market or got released from a lab (I believe it was a lab) and if it was the lab either by accident or intentional (we will likely never know) and Trump being president democrats are going to use it against him. Democrats could not use 9/11 against Bush because he handled it pretty well up until the invasions and wars went south. So covid was not created to hurt Trump. But certainly it was used for that purpose by those who don't like him. The GOP would have done the same thing if a dem was in the white house. But the fact that the GOP are for less government it made dealing with the pandemic harder. It went against the grain. I am a Libertarian and want a super small government so all of this was deeply troubling to me.

So there is a Delta variant. Its real. It started in India. Sure it will be hyped up. And it this point its not helping either side. We are not going back to masks and shut downs no matter how it goes. No benefit except for big pharma who can keep making more boosters for the masses.
If we are not going back to masks and shut downs "no matter what," then how is it that California just reinstated mask mandates for anyone at the State Capitol?

Old 07-08-2021, 12:49 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Time will tell . I believe there was probably much more nefarious intentions on the part of the Chinese than perhaps you do. Trump was at odds ( to put it mildly ) with China. Biden in bed with them . And as they say the rest is history. Probably don't need to actually go down that rabbit hole for you to get the idea.

I would put nothing past the Communist Chinese. Only flaw with that logic is why would they assume the the virus would cause Trump to lose? Like 9/11 there was probably an equal chance it would guarantee victory.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:51 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
The irony is that about a quarter of the people having aneurisms over covid now will have died from cancer or heart disease within twenty years. And they don't even give that a second thought. They are freaked out to the point of jumping off a cliff over a disease with less than a one percent chance of killing them, yet don't give one iota of a damn about diseases that have more like a twenty percent chance of killing them within X number of years.

Such is the power of the modern media and mass hypnosis. And such is the condition of our Idiocracy. Brawndo's Got Electrolytes.

This is where I feel like I'm living now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMHfBobgLSI

ZERO ability to think logically.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:52 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
And I can ask, "Why is the bank protecting their employees but not their customers?
were you asked to sit for 15 minutes around other unmasked customers? If not, how were you put at risk? Did he tell you that you couldn't wear a Covid mask?

Old 07-08-2021, 12:52 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If we are not going back to masks and shut downs "no matter what," then how is it that California just reinstated mask mandates for anyone at the State Capitol?
When we say “we” on CDF that means [USA] -California is not included.

Old 07-08-2021, 12:53 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
were you asked to sit for 15 minutes around other unmasked customers? If not, how were you put at risk? Did he tell you that you couldn't wear a Covid mask?
If his cloth mask is so effective at preventing infection, why would he care if others have one on as long as he's allowed to wear his?

Old 07-08-2021, 01:00 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post

Banks were always a "no mask zone" for security reasons until the pandemic. I suspect they will be the first to go back to that policy. Maybe they already are and can only protect their employees.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:03 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If his cloth mask is so effective at preventing infection, why would he care if others have one on as long as he's allowed to wear his?
Because these types of people have been bamboozled into actually believing that cloth is a one-way barrier. It blocks viruses in one direction, but not the other. Barnum sure hit the nail on the head with his comment about "suckers." If only they would wear their masks inside out, it would all work out, right?

Old 07-08-2021, 01:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
I assume the thought process goes something like this:

That covid is still around can still be pinned on Trump regardless of facts or even the current handling and policies, stick to the "it's all Trump's fault' narrative and any current situation is not worthy of discussion. So therefore the press can still focus on covid because they have clicks and eyeballs to attract, and apparently pandemics are quite profitable for some outlets. Plus the govt (feds and some state/city) still wants to wield the 'Rona Hammer and can't do that as effectively if the populace can't be convinced that they are doing things in "our best interest".

I think that about sums it up?
that seems like a fair summation.

I mean, since Jan peak of 3400 deaths/day, we've gone

Feb 2000
March 1000
April 750
May 550
June 300
Today 210

Heaven forbid anyone got the idea "Hey, Covid has REALLY dropped off. So why do we need to spend an extra 1/2 of 1 year's budget going forward?"

or even ....

"Is it just a coincidence that it's all 'Delta variant!!!!1!!!" now and not "Where exactly DID the virus come from, and what did the CDC do?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies