Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 10:59 PM

24,830 posts, read 9,600,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
What would those racial stereotypes be? Inquiring minds want to know...
That we Blacks are permanent helpless victims despite living in the richest country on earth with the most black billionaires and millionaires…

Old 07-08-2021, 11:06 PM

2,429 posts, read 1,554,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Very vague question.

I'm not an Obama fan by any means but, for all intents and purposes, he didn't really fit any major stereotypes. He was well spoken, married, in his children's lives, educated, and had a likeable personality. Obama the President/politician is trash but Obama the man himself seems like a great guy.

So, I wouldn't say Democrats reinforce much stereotypes of Black people other than assuming we need extra help or resources to compete with White people which I guess you can say is a stereotype in itself.

As for BLM, that also depends. Do you mean the stereotype of Black people being radical/anti-police or the stereotype of Black people being violent given the actions of some of the rioters? Both are stereotypes that have existed for decades but I will say that, in the Internet and camera phone age, BLM videos and stories will overshadow the stories of ordinary Black people and will make it seem like the most Black people riot or are anti-police when it's really a loud minority.
Barry was half black & raised by his white grandparents. A junior(inexperienced) senator that somehow ended up in the White House.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies