Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 12:11 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,361,298 times

Advertisements

In a nutshell yes, although the cultural Marxists (who are really just Communists using race instead of class) will deny it with every fiber of their being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 12:16 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Is critical race theory the teaching of white guilt?

The facts are entirely neutral. Facts are facts - truth is truth.
CRT ignores the fact that POC have had slaves in the past. Right here in America, blacks and Indians had them. Blacks had them in Africa. Northern Africans enslaved white Europeans for about three centuries from the 1500s. CRT is based on a fallacy that somehow whites people are more evil than people with a different skin color. So, yes, CRT does teach racism against white people.

Old 07-09-2021, 04:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
I am reading different things and listening to different people. I don’t know that is true.
Whatever you end up believing, don't trust anyone who tells you CRT is simply an academic approach limited to law schools or legal studies.

CRT emerged in the legal academy and spread to other fields of scholarship. It's now everywhere.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...l-race-theory/

Old 07-09-2021, 05:28 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Quote:

You can however demonize the truth....

One side thinks acknowledging our country's racial past.

The side thinks its to teach white guilt.

"German collective guilt" is what comes to mind as a similar case...
For me this is personal.

I was over fifty years old when I discovered I had ancestors who owned slaves.

Of course I always knew I had an ancestor in the confederate cavalry, and a cousin of his was a captain of infantry who died at Corinth. I was very proud of my predecessors, but somehow the information about the slaves was not passed down to me. It was sobering to see the actual documents. I tried to imagine what it was like for those people, both the owners and the slaves.

I don't feel guilty about that at all, I have always lived an upright and moral life and what happened then is no reflection upon me. The truth makes one stronger.

I have made sure that among other things I share with my grandchildren I also share this kind of information, so that they are not under any fanciful illusions. We are all just human after all, flawed creatures, we make mistakes and we should be aware that we are still capable of making more mistakes just as serious. The key here is to learn from them.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
For me this is personal.

Of course I always knew I had an ancestor in the confederate cavalry, and a cousin of his was a captain of infantry who died at Corinth. I was very proud of my predecessors, but somehow the information about the slaves was not passed down to me. It was sobering to see the actual documents. I tried to imagine what it was like for those people, both the owners and the slaves.

I don't feel guilty about that at all, I have always lived an upright and moral life and what happened then is no reflection upon me. The truth makes one stronger.

I have made sure that among other things I share with my grandchildren I also share this kind of information, so that they are not under any fanciful illusions. We are all just human after all, flawed creatures, we make mistakes and we should be aware that we are still capable of making more mistakes just as serious. The key here is to learn from them.
What is painfully obvious is that none of this current race hysteria has anything to do with "learning". Its simply a means to club any opposition to your ideas into submission. Their is no dialogue or conversation to be had. You are going to take your shame and shut your mouth. The nasty backlash is inevitable. If a lifelong Democrat like me feels like this....

Old 07-10-2021, 10:17 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You can however demonize the truth....

One side thinks acknowledging our country's racial past.

The side thinks its to teach white guilt.

"German collective guilt" is what comes to mind as a similar case...
Quote:
For me this is personal.

What is painfully obvious is that none of this current race hysteria has anything to do with "learning". Its simply a means to club any opposition to your ideas into submission. Their is no dialogue or conversation to be had. You are going to take your shame and shut your mouth. The nasty backlash is inevitable. If a lifelong Democrat like me feels like this....
It is not gainfully obvious to me.

This whole CRT kerfuffle has the hallmarks of manufactured outrage.

Critical race theory has been taught for decades at university level. But it was never about guilt, just awareness and understanding, and I don't know who started this claim that there is a big push to force it on elementary schools. It looks like some more faux outrage like over Dr Seuss and Mr Potato head and all of that nonsense. These are triggers to get people all riled up. We know that people are being played when this sort of thing comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies