Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2021, 11:29 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Indian tribes such as the Iroquois and Cherokee allied themselves with Britain and were defeated in the Revolutionary War.

Later, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Muskogee, Seminole and Comanche allied themselves with the Confederacy and they were defeated in the Civil War.

No need for any further explanation.
You have learned the brittle history of the great white fathers exploits and conquest well. You answer does not address my question. If you dig deeper into dairies and letters you will find in their own words these men did not believe that Indians and Africans were their equals. Yet they beleived that all men were created equal. I will answer my question. People of European and Christian heritage beleived that the ambitions of White people takes precedence over the free will of dark skin people and their policies reflect that fact then and it still does today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 11:45 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I'm reading you comment here and the conclusion doesn't add up.
If people on the left are denying that Critical Race Theory even exists at all and
insisting that no aspect of Critical Race Theory is being taught in K-12 schools

then they can be simultaneously accused of advocating and prompting the theory

The logical conclusion is that the right is hyping this to death as a straw man.

Let's look at this:

"no aspect of Critical Race Theory is being taught in K-12 schools."

That could be extreme to make an absolute statement like that. Nevertheless if you find one teacher in Brooklyn teaching it, not even the whole school, this in the whole of America
is this the big threat to apple pie and baseball ?

Maybe you could find one or two other examples.
So where are they?
So far we have one teacher in Brooklyn
Quote:
Crenshaw—who coined the term “CRT”—notes that CRT is not a noun, but a verb. It cannot be confined to a static and narrow definition but is considered to be an evolving and malleable practice.
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/c...l-race-theory/

There are people trying to discuss this honestly and openly and then there are people like you acting like you who are either purposefully ignorant or worse…

Old 07-12-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You have learned the brittle history of the great white fathers exploits and conquest well. You answer does not address my question. If you dig deeper into dairies and letters you will find in their own words these men did not believe that Indians and Africans were their equals. Yet they beleived that all men were created equal. I will answer my question. People of European and Christian heritage beleived that the ambitions of White people takes precedence over the free will of dark skin people and their policies reflect that fact then and it still does today.
Right, that’s what this is all about. “Accurate” history.
Attached Thumbnails
What exactly is critical race theory?-8298a8c6-4193-4212-a5a9-a3cf375df91e.jpeg  

Old 07-12-2021, 11:47 AM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,208 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwr0JOhNxsM

Old 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Its how you explain that Sacagawea was on the Journey of Discovery because she was collateral from a gamblers loss in a card game. Schools gloss over that part but if some student ask "how could that be," your answer might be, ...and moving on...

Old 07-12-2021, 12:15 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I have read the book Critical Race Theory, An Introduction discussed on this thread https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-critical.html, and I think I now know what is meant by teaching Critical Race Theory without actually teaching it. Critical Race Theory is an examination of what CRT activists consider wrong about how blacks are treated in the U.S. (in general) and how it got to that point that blacks are lagging behind whites in many areas. (They are also lagging behind Asians and Jews, but the book does not go into that very much, focusing instead on blacks and whites, with some mention of other minority groups, mainly Latino -- but mostly blacks). It makes no secret of the fact that the authors consider whites to be privileged and having treated other minority groups very shamefully -- a point of view that I agree with, btw.

In short, my opinion is is that I don't think that CRT is going to be taught explicitly to young children, but that it will be used to make teachers aware of all the biased history that has been previously taught and that whites might have prejudices that they might not even be aware of, that they need to be aware of these misconceptions and take pains to not further this kind of biased thinking in children. So, from what I gather -- and I might be mistaken about this! -- there are no "lesson plans" about CRT for the children, but that the children will be taught a more "enlightened", liberal and non-biased view of history and each other. IF the italicized is adhered to, I have NO problem with that, as long as it does not sink to the level of making non-whites hate whites, and teach white children to hate their skin color and their ancestry.

However, what has many people upset, I think is that some books are now being sold do that promote white hatred (in my opinion), although I have not seen the following book, for example, actually taught in a classroom. If a book like this does become standard classroom "story time" reading, then I think many parents will be rightfully angry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_f2lGrv44o

Last edited by katharsis; 07-12-2021 at 12:23 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 12:54 PM

305 posts, read 213,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Which words of whites?
I’ll give you a great example: the Covington kid was raked over the coals for simply existing and being photographed. A kid, I repeat. He didn’t even have words because every lefty trashed him based on his hat and skin color.

Meanwhile look up Devon Dunham in Hardeeville.

I also live in Chicago where fatal black violence is a daily occurrence and more and more officials are reluctant to prosecute. We hear endless fearmongering when it comes to White supremacy, whatever that is, but insanely high black violence is conveniently called “gun violence.”

I’m amazed I even have to explain the obvious.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:22 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Why did the people who believed that, "all men are created equal," also belived that Indians needed to be exterminated and blacks needed to be enslaved? You can't honestly answer that question without using critical race theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Indian tribes such as the Iroquois and Cherokee allied themselves with Britain and were defeated in the Revolutionary War.

Later, Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Muskogee, Seminole and Comanche allied themselves with the Confederacy and they were defeated in the Civil War.

No need for any further explanation.
Quote:

My point entirely.

Lose a war, and you don't get to call the shots anymore.

Did you happen to read any letters from Native Americans that owned slaves and fought for the Confederacy?

Old 07-13-2021, 08:31 AM

Default Critical Race Praxis and the Weakness of Liberals

https://youtu.be/4jAD-EuPCsY

Old 07-13-2021, 08:39 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
From what I understand it wasn't that the federal government denied black people loans, it was that they couldn't get loans from banks. Do you know something different? And again, I don't see how this would take up much space in a survey course of U.S. history.
you might be interested in the book, Color of Law. It opened my eyes, even if it was often repetitive.

When the Federal Government started the FHA program to guarantee mortgages, Blacks were not eligible for the guarantees, and thus couldn't get mortgages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies