Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 08:13 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

Clearly that outfit was inappropriate, but seems like a calculated tactic these days to boost people's social media accounts from the media attention.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-...204532109.html

Quote:
Deniz Saypinar is a professional bodybuilder from Turkey. On Thursday, she posted on her Instagram story to her nearly 1 million followers that airline staff refused to let her board her flight to Miami because of what she was wearing. The post was not longer available on Sunday since Instagram stories are only posted for 24 hours.

“I like to wear feminine clothes that reveal my femininity, but I never dress in a way that will offend anyone,” she wrote in the post, according to the Dallas Morning News. “I’m mature and civilized enough to know what I can and cannot wear.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 08:17 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,980,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Clearly that outfit was inappropriate, but seems like a calculated tactic these days to boost people's social media accounts from the media attention.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-...204532109.html
Shorts so short her butt is hanging out, shirt so tight her **** are poking through, and half her belly exposed. It's a plane full of families, not a club. I don't understand why people are surprised that we don't want to see your half naked body on an airplane.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:20 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Likely a stunt to increase followers. Sad.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:21 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
The outfit was revealing but I don't think that AA dress code targets females as she claimed. If a guy showed up wearing a tube top and cut off daisy dukes there would be an equal issue.

Whatever happened to the good old days when people dressed up to travel? Her outfit was great for the beach but walking through the airport, probably not.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
The best advice my parents gave me as a teenaged girl, dipping my toe into independent and risqué dress:

“If you wear the common uniform of a wh*re, do not be surprised if someone accidentally confuses you for one”.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:24 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Shorts so short her butt is hanging out, shirt so tight her **** are poking through, and half her belly exposed. It's a plane full of families, not a club. I don't understand why people are surprised that we don't want to see your half naked body on an airplane.
I know right, she wants attention and that is why she dressed that way, unfortunately she isn’t bright enough to know when such attention getting clothing is appropriate. I wouldn’t want to see a man topless or short shorts either.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The best advice my parents gave me as a teenaged girl, dipping my toe into independent and risqué dress:

“If you wear the common uniform of a wh*re, do not be surprised if someone accidentally confuses you for one”.
That is true. I know people will argue that they should be able to wear what they want and get mad if a males ogling, but they will.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The outfit was revealing but I don't think that AA dress code targets females as she claimed. If a guy showed up wearing a tube top and cut off daisy dukes there would be an equal issue.

Whatever happened to the good old days when people dressed up to travel? Her outfit was great for the beach but walking through the airport, probably not.
She knew exactly what she was doing, she dressed for attention, a man not wearing a shirt, will be treated the same way.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
That is true. I know people will argue that they should be able to wear what they want and get mad if a males ogling, but they will.
They told me that, too! “Wear what makes you happy, but once you leave the house you *will* be judged”.

Luckily for my parents I emulated Joan Jett as a teen, and wore a black leather jacket and heavy black eyeliner. lol. It could have been far worse: I could have wanted to be like Wendy O. Williams. I suspect most people here have no idea who that was.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:39 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
She is degrading herself as a piece of meat. Many women do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies