Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 09:17 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,443,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Much more destructively, Trump has the ability to bring out the worst in his friends.

His opponents? The other candidates he was in the race for president with? They looked like paragons of maturity and normalcy when in contact with him.

The goofballs that stormed the capitol on Jan. 6, and the buffoons who took on his legal case of election fraud claims . . . for all those people, his friends, those were their worst hours. Legal careers ruined right and left, and hundreds awaiting prison time who probably never had a felony charge before.
It's a shame that those who spent months attacking their fellow citizens, assaulting, burning and murdering aren't treated even close to the same as those who dare question the election. The 'crats have their priorities I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 09:19 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 26 days ago)

35,752 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
It's a shame that those who spent months attacking their fellow citizens, assaulting, burning and murdering aren't treated even close to the same as those who dare question the election. The 'crats have their priorities I guess.
If you see anyone on this board, or in elected positions of power, suggest that the burners and looters are innocent and shouldn't have criminal charges filed, I would agree with your position.

it's a given - we all agree - that burners and looters are criminals.

What doesn't seem to be a given, among the right, that the capitol Jan. 6 rioters were criminals.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 26 days ago)

35,752 posts, read 18,101,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, Hillary was the correct choice?
Hillary Shmillary. Hell, even BIDEN was a better choice than Trump.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:31 AM

51,671 posts, read 25,923,250 times
Quote:
Hillary Shmillary. Hell, even BIDEN was a better choice than Trump.
And both got more votes than Trump.

But back to his lawyers making false statements to the courts.

Everybody does it seems to be a poor legal defense

Old 07-13-2021, 12:34 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,438,494 times
Quote:
Rather, because they witnessed things like observers being dismissed and thousands of votes for Biden* suddenly appearing in the very early morning hours. Also, a sycophantic media that brazenly lies for their Democrat masters, defends looting and rioting, and goes out of it's way to silence dissident voices.

There's more than enough reason to question this "election."
Your post is absurd. Of course votes for Biden (and Trump) were still being counted in the early morning hours on election night. That happens every election.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,589,546 times
Quote:
Rather, because they witnessed things like observers being dismissed and thousands of votes for Biden* suddenly appearing in the very early morning hours. Also, a sycophantic media that brazenly lies for their Democrat masters, defends looting and rioting, and goes out of it's way to silence dissident voices.

There's more than enough reason to question this "election."
Have you never worked the polls or central count? Do you have any idea how elections work? Did you know that ballots get counted until they’re all counted, which means the counters work through the night? My god, how could a citizen of this country not even know the most basics of an election? Wow.

Old 07-14-2021, 10:18 AM

47,021 posts, read 26,105,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
My god, how could a citizen of this country not even know the most basics of an election? Wow.
It's classic cult thinking - any setback can only be due to sinister outside forces.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:13 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,494,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's classic cult thinking - any setback can only be due to sinister outside forces.

yep.... and any evidence that contradicts the conspiracy just confirms the scope of that conspiracy.

Old 07-14-2021, 11:20 AM

15,357 posts, read 12,677,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Have you never worked the polls or central count? Do you have any idea how elections work? Did you know that ballots get counted until they’re all counted, which means the counters work through the night? My god, how could a citizen of this country not even know the most basics of an election? Wow.
It’s really not that shocking. Some people think they know how elections work but have no freaking clue.

Trump didn’t know votes were counted past midnight.

Hillary didn’t know the Dem primaries wasn’t winner-take-all for delegates in 2012.

The average poster on CD usually does a poor job repeating what they heard on the radio or TV. Just shows how somefolks are easy to lie to when it comes to elections

Old 07-20-2021, 04:35 PM

9,915 posts, read 9,628,449 times
Quote:
It's interesting how you switch on a dime, in this post. At first you note that Trump is stirring the turds and just won't quit, and then you blame our continuing discord on the democrats.
Because i have mixed emotions about Trump and what he did and everything. You understood me right. I believe both are happening that you pointed out. Each (Trump and the Dems) have both contributed to the mess and chaos we have been in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies