Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2021, 08:32 AM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Now on CBSN headline, "Texas Democrats Discuss Voting Rights" in Washington DC.
The Bill in Texas they fled from is Voter Integrity Law, not Voting Rights.

Yet another example of LSM displaying they are the propaganda arm of the DNC.
They don’t even hide their rank partisanship anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 08:35 AM

19,854 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Who paid for the private plane?

Old 07-13-2021, 08:36 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Who paid for the private plane?
Democratic caucus.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:38 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,924,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is a partisan bill with no input by Democrats. They are pushing bills through. It isn't just Texas, Arizona did so too. You know, what Republicans claims Biden and the Democrats are trying to do...
But the Republicans aren’t throwing a fit and running away, they should stay and vote against it and let their vote be on record. They were voted in to serve the people, not run away and get a vacation out of it.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:38 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,910,752 times
This happened back in 2003 with a redistricting bill. Forty-three days after the walkout began, state Sen. John Whitmire returned to the chamber and quorum was reached.

https://apnews.com/article/72ab27c5a...353edf15ce746a

The other dems weren't happy with him. But he's still in office.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:43 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,241,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Are City-Data conservatives hypocrites for criticizing Texas lawmakers for not showing up to the special session yet they supported Donald Trump when he became the first president in American history to leave the White House without attending the inauguration? Yes, absolutely they are.

It's astounding that you see any hypocrisy there at all. Attending the inauguration of the next president is not in any way a duty, implied or otherwise. In fact, Biden and others publicly said that he was not welcome.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:49 AM

27,668 posts, read 16,160,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Now on CBSN headline, "Texas Democrats Discuss Voting Rights" in Washington DC.
The Bill in Texas they fled from is Voter Integrity Law, not Voting Rights.

Yet another example of LSM displaying they are the propaganda arm of the DNC.
Yep, and im sure they had stock footage of black people in line. Insinuation, bias, misleading fake period and all are aware except some minion sheep

Old 07-13-2021, 08:51 AM

15,649 posts, read 10,405,925 times
in 2022, texas voters will decide if democratic party representatives fleeing the legislative session on a private jet is acceptable behavior for their elected officials.

i do not support elected politicians refusing their legislative responsibilities.

my state rep in texas, a republican, was reelected last year.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:54 AM

17,679 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is a partisan bill with no input by Democrats. They are pushing bills through. It isn't just Texas, Arizona did so too. You know, what Republicans claims Biden and the Democrats are trying to do...
HR1 is partisan bill with no input from Republicans. But you knew that.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:10 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,644,849 times
I find it rathe interesting (and telling) how the Democrats are reacting to voter ID requirements being implemented. They seem to be in a complete state of panic about the possibility this may just catch on. The arguments they pose in opposition to these proposed requirements are just mind boggling to me. "POC" have a hard time getting ID, rural folks have the same problem (love that one) Hmmm. So, they feel that a huge portion of the potential voting populace just can't get some form of ID to prove who they are?

Last I checked it's close to impossible to NOT have ID. I guess urban "POC by and large don't have bank accounts, vehicles, don't go to the doctor and have to pick up Rx meds,? The same goes for we poor bassackwards rural folks. Rural areas don't have indoor plumbing let alone a DMV. POC and us rural podunks don't ever get on airplanes. Hell.neither groups of people register and insure their vehicles. Most of us don't have vehicles newer than 1970s vintage.

So in all seriousness how hard is it to pull out your DL or state ID card at a polling place? Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants have state DLs and IDs. How tough is it to get an ID? For Pete's sake you can't function in this county without some sort of ID. It's just not possible. So how are these laws requiring ID to vote going to affect the landscape? According to the Dems there are tens of millions of people that will have their right to vote denied them because of voter ID requirements. That is just flat preposterous. But hey ,Democrat politicians say it's true so it must be for real yeah?

My Lord, how utterly and reekingly plain stupid do they think we are?! These moon bat Dems honestly believe that we rural folks and POC where ever they live ae incapable of taking a few seconds to let it flash across our brains how often we need to use ID in just a day, let alone over our lives? And these TX Dems are actually shutting down the legislature and using the argument that tens of millions of Americans don't know how to obtain ID let alone actually already have some form of it. Yep, all those poor illiterate, bassackwards, disenfranchised people have lived their whole lives in this country and not once have ever had to prove they are who they say they are.

I'm going to take a huge risk here because I know some left wing moon bat is going to offer irrefutable proof that voter ID requirements are racist and classist and make me look so foolish for asking this I'll have to crawl under a rock and hide. But what the hell . Ya only live once. How, praytell, are requirements to have valid ID in order to vote going to deny ANYONE their right as a US citizen (oh..maybe that's the issue aye?) to vote? Please do enlighten me. I am after all an uneducated, unsophisticated, ignorant rural person (according to Kamala the kackling magpie) and I just can't grasp how anyone in this country no matter where you live can get by without having proper ID for everyday living. So what's the big deal about having it to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies