Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2021, 11:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
DO you think it's a bunch of Black software engineers and other high-tech workers going to Canada?
I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

The sad news is that you don’t either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I keep hearing how nice Canadians are, but everyone from there that I had dealings with were rude.
Not really.

A lot of Americans think people are rude when they give non Americans their behind to kiss and the non American not only refuses to do so but kicks them instead. I’ve got tons of experience with such Americans myself and kicking them instead is something I highly recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Can’t ask for reparations in Canada
What do reparations have to do with me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I found one who is certainly un——likable.
That search must’ve been exhausting.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 02:03 PM

15 posts, read 12,008 times
Is anyone surprised? The US is slowly becoming a country for truck drivers and plumbers while the smart ones move to Canada.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:05 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,348,165 times
Hell, I'm from the US and I'm even considering it :-)

Old 07-14-2021, 02:21 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,316,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
We are talking about 2 different Immigration classes. Express Entry has a 1200 points possible maximum score. Rather than write a detailed explanation, please read this link to the Canadian Immigration information website.

link. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...mmigrants.html

By the way, that link that you posted is NOT a Government of Canada information source. It is a " private for profit immigration consulting company ".
ok, thank you. is there somewhere on the above link that lays out the scoring?

Old 07-14-2021, 02:33 PM

63,038 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
msrb311.

For more than 30 years, Canada has had a "seasonal worker program " that sees about 45,000 people come here each year, to work in our agricultural sector. These people apply from their home countries ( including Mexico ) to come to Canada for six months, work and live here, then go home again. They are paid the same wages as Canadians get for the same work, are provided with inspected living quarters, and they are given the same medical care and treatment as Canadians get. Their flights and medical insurance are paid by their Canadian employers. MANY of these workers have been coming to Canada for decades and working for the same Canadian employers each year. Canada has a travel visa program for Mexican people who want to visit Canada, and there are direct flights from various Mexican cities to Canadian airports. My point is that Canada has reasonable legal ways for people from Mexico to come here, either to work seasonally, or as tourists.
We also have the unlimited H-2A visas that work virtually the same for agricultural jobs.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:36 PM

63,038 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
...Which explains why one of our presidents got away with having illegals working on his properties while he was in office.

America should not allow businesses to influence our policies. It's dragging the us down. Because of it we have have the worst medical prices, some of the worst real estate prices, and too many illegals so less jobs for Americans.
I'm sure you are referring to Trump and there is no proof that he "knowingly" had illegal aliens working for him. They were promptly fired when caught using fake or stolen documents to gain employment.

13,531 posts, read 4,329,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why not? Canada is a highly attractive nation. And Canadians are certainly a helluva lot more likable than folks down here. That’s not even debatable.

Thanks for the laugh. California has more people than Canada. I guess the poor in the world never heard of Canada and their "better" people. You are the expert on this.

31,101 posts, read 22,149,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why not? Canada is a highly attractive nation. And Canadians are certainly a helluva lot more likable than folks down here. That’s not even debatable.
Here's the Face of "likable" Canada inviting you right up "That’s not even debatable "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8OlVvXIUM&t=25s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_J-RC22L60

Old 07-14-2021, 02:57 PM

15 posts, read 12,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Thanks for the laugh. California has more people than Canada. I guess the poor in the world never heard of Canada and their "better" people. You are the expert on this.
What does California having more people than Canada have to do with the topic? Bangladesh has way more people than Switzerland too.

Regarding the poor, I guess this has to do with the fact that it's easier for uneducated people to get employed in the US. In Canada it's almost impossible to get a job being illegal.

Old 07-14-2021, 02:58 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,598,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I keep hearing how nice Canadians are, but everyone from there that I had dealings with were rude.
Not me, and I have Canadian friends in the U.S. and I've spent about half a year combined in all of the Canadian provinces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies