Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 12:09 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,237,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I never heard of him.
Nether have I.

Apparently, he hosts a show on a local radio station in Nashville, TN., which would explain why the vast majority of the country has never heard of him, either.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:09 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
This kind of reporting from the liberal mainstream media is deceptive and poor investigative reporting at best. At worst it is intentional manipulation and lies. They could just as easily find someone who was vaccinated and is deathly ill from COVID. They cherry picked a single case to support their beliefs and narrative. Their belief may be right - I personally believe we don’t have enough data to say one way or the other yet - but this is just irresponsible and juvenile level reporting.

And look how many on the left are buying it? Lol. Have people really lost that much ability to have intelligent thought?
So you're denying this talk show host has Covid?

Old 07-23-2021, 12:14 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You reap as you sow. He sowed disinformation for political reasons and now he is reaping the very consequences that his campaign of disinformation was attempting to impose on everyone who was listening to him. I'd call that karmic justice. Think he'll get the lesson?
I don’t know everything this guy said, but the media and the leftists using this case as an example of “see what happens when you are not vaccinated” is pure BS. For balance and to be a real journalist, that could have just as easily found a champion of the vaccines who is now seriously ill from COVID. Do you understand that? Do you also know that latest data out of Israel is showing that just as many vacc and in-vacced people are getting Delta? So far the vaccines seem to be helping lower the death count, but that number is rising even for the vaccinated. Bottom line. There is a lot we don’t know yet and won’t know for at least another 12-24 months. It is irresponsible and juvenile in thinking to jump on either the COVID vaccine or anti vaccine bandwagon.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:21 PM

7,148 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Thanks for the cherry-picked story.
Here are two more:

I have a friend who suffers from tremors since being fully vaccinated with Pfizer. Never happened to her previously.

My cousin has been rushed to the hospital twice after being fully vaccinated with Pfizer. The first time, she could not form words clearly and her thinking process was messed up. The second time, she passed out, and upon recovering consciousness could not form words to speak.
The hospital did every test necessary to discover a cause, with no result.

All they said was it must be some "neurological" issue.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:23 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,146 times
very predictable conservatives value money over life itself

Old 07-23-2021, 12:27 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Here are two more:

I have a friend who suffers from tremors since being fully vaccinated with Pfizer. Never happened to her previously.

My cousin has been rushed to the hospital twice after being fully vaccinated with Pfizer. The first time, she could not form words clearly and her thinking process was messed up. The second time, she passed out, and upon recovering consciousness could not form words to speak.

I understand how frightening that must be and why it would be discouraging. All I can say is that I, too, was nervous about getting the vaccine, but everyone in my family did just fine. We each had short-lived side effects, i.e., sore arm, swollen lymph nodes, and in one case, a bout of chills the second day, but that was it.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:27 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Here are two more:

But were your friend or cousin on the radio everyday dissing the vaccine? That is the difference here. This report is about a media host who many people listen to and believe.

I hope your friend and cousin can find better doctors and get real answers to their problems.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:31 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Mine (Belling) doesn't nag people to get vaccines but is not anti-vaccine either, he just states he gets all vaccines such as the flu shot and covid. Sometimes I wonder if these people actually believe this anti-vaccine stuff or they are just doing it to get ratings. It's like all mainstream republicans think they have to peddle the same narratives.

As for conservatives valuing money over life, you have to do a cost benefit analysis before you make broad sweeping changes to society to manage something that kills relatively few people, most of them in nursing homes or overweight with metabolic syndrome. I could bring up studies that show the psychological damage from locking people down, keeping kids out of school for a year, forcing them to wear masks all day.

I can tell by the behavior of people around me that they fear lockdowns more than they fear getting covid at this point. Nobody around here wants the safety nannies throwing their weight around anymore.

We certainly don't need more disruptions in the supply chain, paying people to not produce products producing more shortages, more inflation, and more corrupt politicians spending recklessly. I think there are certain elements who want to create a bigger crisis so they can engineer a solution, a solution that is more authoritarian in nature.

Last edited by sholomar; 07-23-2021 at 12:39 PM..

Old 07-23-2021, 12:32 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I don’t know everything this guy said, but the media and the leftists using this case as an example of “see what happens when you are not vaccinated” is pure BS. For balance and to be a real journalist, that could have just as easily found a champion of the vaccines who is now seriously ill from COVID. Do you understand that? Do you also know that latest data out of Israel is showing that just as many vacc and in-vacced people are getting Delta? So far the vaccines seem to be helping lower the death count, but that number is rising even for the vaccinated. Bottom line. There is a lot we don’t know yet and won’t know for at least another 12-24 months. It is irresponsible and juvenile in thinking to jump on either the COVID vaccine or anti vaccine bandwagon.
Unfortunately too many of these types are doing victory laps every time a story like this comes out that they can't see the forrest for the trees.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...ta-strain/amp/

New Health Ministry statistics indicated that, on average, the Pfizer shot — the vaccine given to nearly all Israelis — is now just 39% effective against infection, while being only 41% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID. Previously, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was well over 90% effective against infection.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:42 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,484,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
I admire your compassion but I lost mine months ago. They made their own choice.

He not only made his own choice but influenced others to follow that same bad path. I hope he recovers and is able to undo some of the damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies