Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 08:12 AM

37,953 posts, read 17,888,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Who said anything about a free existence? Most of these people were an educated bilingual group who felt an affinity for America. I can't believe the ingratitude of some of you here who would so easily cast aside those who aided us at great risk to themselves. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You all want to guarantee that the rest of the world thinks we suck? This is how you do it by the numbers.
How many are you going to take in and hire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 08:13 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,605,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
The first group of Afghani families, 2500 so far, are arriving in the US today and will be hosted at Fort Lee in Virginia. It is estimated that there could be at least another 100,000 it will be arriving in the US as well. Interesting, how we go over to help the Afghani people, yet we owe them?
this group of people might actually really need to be here, especially the ones who helped our soldiers.

Actually, the foreigners we are letting in are actually more patriotic than the stupid citizens we have here who are in name only - citizens of the USA - but hate America. Im speaking of BLM, Antifa, some congresspeople, who actaully HATE America.. Add in Kappernick, the stupid Olympics idiots who dissed the American flag.. i think the foreigners should be traded for them and we will be better off. Send the idiots to Afganistan.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You owe them all of that and some.

We can take everyone who needs to leave.
So you're going to take a couple in and hire them? riiiiight

because Americans aren't suffering? Lets throw them under the bus and waste of resources..

Old 07-20-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Where's your link for the additional "estimated at least another 100,000"? We are helping the Afghani's who helped us during the war - many of them as translators - who would be killed along with their families if the Taliban got their hands on them. But I guess to you Trumpers "America First" means kick in the teeth any former allies who helped our men and women in the military survive the deadly Afghanistan war. How very typical of you and how very dishonorable and disgusting.

Here's what that commie newspaper The Stars and Stripes had to say about this story:

Thank God Biden is now president. Trump would just have called them Muslim thieves and rapists and left them to the tender mercies of the Taliban as Trump supporters wildly cheered Trump's cruelty.
Prove it. Your post is dishonest and has no value. Start caring about the truth

Old 07-20-2021, 08:27 AM

1,081 posts, read 549,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
??? They were defending their own country. That you think they were serving Americas interests is the problem.
He wore our uniform, our flag. He did over 1300 missions for our country, under our advisors.

These people supported us, fought for our causes. If not for us, they could have stayed in their villages, and not been targets for hatred and revenge.

We went there, we stirred up this hornet's nest, and they helped us achieve our goals.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:44 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,967,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgtBuzz View Post
All you lefties whining about how we owe them are the same that ignore the growing homeless population that we have in this country, including homeless veterans. Let's take care of our own first. Period. End of story.
How about doing both? These Afghanis helped us and deserve not to die for doing so. Likewise, we have a domestic homeless problem that needs to be addressed.

Why are you blaming lefties for wanting to help the Afghanis? Don't you righties want to support our troops? These Afghanis supported our troops and you want to let them die?

Old 07-20-2021, 08:48 AM

6,144 posts, read 3,366,020 times
This is a very difficult question on what do we do.

First of all, none of them would have to come to the US if we would’ve just stayed in AFG indefinitely like we should be doing.

Apparently, staying indefinitely in Qatar, UAE, KSA, Jordan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, Oman, and Turkey is perfectly ok, but staying indefinitely in AFG is somehow not ok?

But what if I told you that Biden is playing you? Imagine accepting tens of thousands of Afghan refugees into the US, but then at the same time unofficially staying in the country with enough forces to prevent the fall of Kabul?

Old 07-20-2021, 08:50 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,679,264 times
I hope they keep the afghani's safe from all the negative sentiments against the far east and associated racism.

As such, they should be settled in multi-cultural, diverse and racially tolerant parts of the country far away from Trump supporters like Brooklyn or LA where they will be safe from that sort of bigotry.

###sarcasm abounds

Old 07-20-2021, 08:50 AM

1,081 posts, read 549,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgtBuzz View Post
All you lefties whining about how we owe them are the same that ignore the growing homeless population that we have in this country, including homeless veterans. Let's take care of our own first. Period. End of story.
I love internet tough guys like you. "Period... End of story..." You love to toss out pejoratives and denigrate people, even when you have no clue who you are talking to.

You should really get out and talk to the homeless population. I have. I actually donate my time to an organization that feeds them. I am also a disabled veteran who was injured in the Gulf War.
What are you doing for this country? To take care of our own? Anything?

These people have earned a chance at a life in America. More so than those who sit on their butts, playing video games, and whining about how "oppressed they are" in America.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:54 AM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Just great...more future terrorists. I'm moving out to the unibombers old shack in the woods. Or, maybe that delapidated old empty school bus out in Alaska. The less humans around me, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies