Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 01:15 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMPQPNmYEE

Rhode Island middle school teacher Ramona Bessinger argues critical race theory curriculum is 'not inclusive and diverse.'"

I can't find the CRT thread. I'll have to post it here. She makes several good points. Dividing the class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 01:23 AM

48 posts, read 26,217 times
CRT invites criticism of everything but itself as criticism of it is denounced as "fragility."

CRT doesn't seek to examine racism, but rather is a leftist construct of false arguments that has no scientific methodology to achieve this. Instead, it relies upon anecdotal evidence to paint people with a broad brush, is bolstered by the "Kafka Trap" and falsely labels groups as oppressed or oppressors.

All the while it ignores that black Moors enslaved whites, that blacks and whites both were enslaved in the Middle East for hundreds of years, ignores who was involved in the Trans Atlantic slave ship business, ignores that Asians were involved in the mass selling of slaves in the past, etc. Point is we shouldn't single out and beat up on any religion or race because they've all hand their hands in this.

CRT isn't actually a social science, but is rather a pseudoscience masquerading as science as it laughably claims that science (math, chemistry, etc) is subjective.

Watch videos on Noel Ignatiev as he projects his internal bias thinking he is being anti-racist and you will see the madness of this as CRT was founded upon Critical Theory from the Frankfurt School of Herbert Marcuse, Max Horkheimer and others.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:08 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
My husband went to a lecture on it. The woman professor just forgot about all the laws that were passed to correct wrongs of the past. We have come a long way from the segregation days with numerus laws, etc.

They forget about the Civil Rights Movement like it never happened. Who is wanting our country to be divided again like it was years ago?

Old 07-20-2021, 03:42 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
CRT is about our nation's history.

I thought those on the right were big on preserving history.

No?

Old 07-20-2021, 04:52 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
CRT is about our nation's history.

I thought those on the right were big on preserving history.

No?
Preserving history? History is being torn down all over this country. May as well have kids learn history on FB.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:04 AM

17,780 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
My husband went to a lecture on it. The woman professor just forgot about all the laws that were passed to correct wrongs of the past. We have come a long way from the segregation days with numerus laws, etc.

They forget about the Civil Rights Movement like it never happened. Who is wanting our country to be divided again like it was years ago?
We have passed laws, yes. However, passing laws does while helping to improve the future does not undo the damage inflicted in the past. And that is what CRT is supposed to examine. How decades and centuries of institutionalized systems are affecting things today within the context of positive changes.

CRT isn't grade school curriculum. It's not secondary school curriculum. And it certainly doesn't belong there. But it darn sure belongs in legal and sociological curriculums at institutions of higher learning.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Lol…it’s never been taught in any school below the college level. SMH.

Why is she just outright lying?

Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,421 times
CRT is Marxist CRAP that doesn't belong in the United States!!!!

Old 07-20-2021, 06:08 AM

1,750 posts, read 753,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol…it’s never been taught in any school below the college level. SMH.

Why is she just outright lying?
Yeah....I am not sure about you, but I am 20 and was just recently in high school as of a few years ago. It basically is taught where I went to school.

History is full of white males oppressing others. Due to history all whites are racist whether they realize it or not. Denying your racism means you are especially racist (Notice the Kafka trapping logic, which opposes the scientific method). Other races can't be racist, only prejudiced. It is important to then atone for racism, which is still structural in society with equity that promotes certain groups ahead based on the pigment of their skin.

It exists. It is taught. We need to be honest about this.

I am on the left politically, Trump is horrible and gave me anxiety every day, but this CRT stuff is divisive, discriminatory, and needs to end.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:09 AM

6,369 posts, read 2,702,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIMPQPNmYEE

Rhode Island middle school teacher Ramona Bessinger argues critical race theory curriculum is 'not inclusive and diverse.'"

I can't find the CRT thread. I'll have to post it here. She makes several good points. Dividing the class.
Of course, it is not inclusive or diverse, and of course, it creates hostility. But that is what the people pushing CRT and other divisiveness want. If it isn't CRT it would be something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies