Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 07:42 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If one truly believes that someone the age of Biden was too old in 2020 making the same statement about Trump in 2024 would be consistent.

This was not a Trump vs Biden thread, the OP simply laid out a position, which seems reasonable. Many conservatives and moderates can agree with most of it.

Personally, I think that the party would do much better with a new face at the top of the ticket, perhaps someone like DeSantis or Hogan. I could vote for Hogan.
Same here - I've liked him for years!

Old 07-20-2021, 07:47 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Let me say that some of the best humans I know voted for Trump once or twice. And I say this as a moderate Democrat.

But, I can't believe I am hearing more Trump 2024 talk. He will be very old by then for starters.

Trump constantly feuded with the media and picked fights. Then was shocked when they went after him.

Trump was a political bully.

Trump was a loose canon.

Trump could have handled Covid-19 much better.

Is Trump even a conservative? Big spending, spent most of his life as a Democrat, etc...

My dad was a verbally abusive alcoholic and Trump reminds me of him. Irresponsible and unstable.

Republicans you have many potential candidates from DeSantis (who is a more polished and stable version of Trump), to Rand Paul (who is more libertarian), to Marco Rubio (who is seasoned), to Kristi Noem (who is conservative), to Nikki Haley (who has a solid track record).
Policy wise, Trump was a resounding success, in regards to the economy, the border, foreign policy, and personal and religious freedoms. There is no doubt about that. He did everything he said he would do.

As for the type of candidate he was? He honestly wasn't that much different than Obama. He was wildly popular among a group of people that had felt neglected for decades. He feuded with the media because he said the things that Joe 6 Pack had been wanting to say to CNN for 20 years. He was the candidate of the everyman.

And frankly, that scared the hell out of the Dems. For decades the Dems have been portraying themselves to be the party of the little guy, and then here comes a Republican and takes that away.

Just IMAGINE if Trump had the favorable media coverage that Obama or Biden had. Wow.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:50 AM

238 posts, read 99,441 times
Quote:

Republicans you have many potential candidates from DeSantis (who is a more polished and stable version of Trump), to Rand Paul (who is more libertarian), to Marco Rubio (who is seasoned), to Kristi Noem (who is conservative), to Nikki Haley (who has a solid track record).
Absolutely. I'm a Trump supporter and betting (and hoping) that he doesn't run in 2024. He'll be 78 and we will see the same media hate all over again.

I think DeSantis (who is 30+ years younger) is the man in 2024. He's done an amazing job for Florida.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:51 AM

10,100 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Let me say that some of the best humans I know voted for Trump once or twice. And I say this as a moderate Democrat.

But, I can't believe I am hearing more Trump 2024 talk. He will be very old by then for starters.

Trump constantly feuded with the media and picked fights. Then was shocked when they went after him.

Trump was a loose canon.

Is Trump even a conservative? Big spending, spent most of his life as a Democrat, etc...

My dad was a verbally abusive alcoholic and Trump reminds me of him. Irresponsible and unstable.

Trump is wonderful. He did great things for this country. Look what your guy has done...run it into the crapper. We need Trump back NOW.

Dems hate Trump because they hate the USA and everything it stands for.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:52 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Step away from MSM .. they are programming you for starters.

Trump was constantly attacked by the media and Trump was not going to lie down and take it. Trump kept us from war. He got rid of John Bolton because he was a warhawk and Trump did say after Bolton wrote a not so nice book about Trump, Trump said " If I had listened to John Bolton, We would be in World War 6."

Trump is and was a strong leader. Changed many things in America for Americans and he put Americans first. You would NEVER HEAR THAT ON MSM.

Trump was tired of knowing that vets were dying waiting to get to go to a VA hospital. Trump changed that and now if they need emergency care they can go to a regular hosptial.

Trump lowers prescription drugs with Favored Nations..

Trump gave us a nice border wall and got the help from the Mexican president. Great team work .

Trump give us a nice tax cut to working families who got a few thousand dollars more.

Trump put all people to work. More blacks and hispanics and they came out and voted for Trump like never before.

Trump was not for the special interests or DC. He wanted the states to have the power and gave the power to them to make their own decisions because they knew what was needed where.

Trump also wanted school choice and a big fan of charter schools which the democrat leaning teachers union wants all the power . We all know that competition is good because they can lose students to a better school.

Trump also lowered the corporate rate so we didn't have to ship our jobs overseas for cheap labor, but hire Americans and the companies could make a profit without the government grabbing the money.

It gave a healthier tax base when employing Americans here , When they work , they pay taxes. When they are on welfare the worker pays for them to sit home.

Trump gave us a roaring economy ..Best president ever!! And the unbiased smart people all know it.

America was winning all over the place and then to defeat Trump the Democrats had to weaponize the pandemic and stop the economy dead in its tracks.

The only winning we have these days is that Biden wakes up and comes down for breakfast thus denying the wreck that is Kamala from assuming the oval office.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:53 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Just IMAGINE if Trump had the favorable media coverage that Obama or Biden had. Wow.
I honestly believe he could (and should) have. Losing the popular vote he needed to make peace with the media.

Instead he chose to follow Rush Limbaugh's "we're perpetual victims" rally cry and it bit him in the tail. It's hard to reconcile when someone says "they get stuff done" but they're perpetually the victim. I'm sure he won points with his base for fighting the media but ultimately that is what did him in.

Again I voted for him twice and would have been happy to have him as President but always being the helpless victim is not a good look in a leader. In my opinion anyway. His post-election actions are what swayed my opinion of him.

Old 07-20-2021, 07:58 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,216,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
What words did you find most incendiary?
No one word is more or less incendiary than the next.

Ask people who go to Trump rallies - it is not about the words it is about the feelings, the movement. Sure there are soundbites but people aren't going there for soundbites. They are going because they believe they are part of a larger movement.

But I guess the bigger question is what did his followers hear that made them think it was a great idea to storm the Capitol. My opinion on what got these people moving is irrelevant as I would not take part in storming our Capitol. There was obviously something he said (or hinted to) that made his supporters think that they needed to "take back" the Capitol and have VP Pence not perform his duties.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:02 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:

Trump was a loose canon.

And this is precisely why we will vote for him again.

He's a political sledgehammer in a system that needs to be hammered.

You can keep voting for the nice criminals with the polished veneers so you "feel" better. All while the government is growing at astronomical proportions and becoming more and more globalist, doing less and less what's in America's best interest.

We don't need a "nice guy" in office at this current time.

No thanks.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:05 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
No one word is more or less incendiary than the next.

Ask people who go to Trump rallies - it is not about the words it is about the feelings, the movement. Sure there are soundbites but people aren't going there for soundbites. They are going because they believe they are part of a larger movement.

But I guess the bigger question is what did his followers hear that made them think it was a great idea to storm the Capitol. My opinion on what got these people moving is irrelevant as I would not take part in storming our Capitol. There was obviously something he said (or hinted to) that made his supporters think that they needed to "take back" the Capitol and have VP Pence not perform his duties.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Leftist maniacs stormed the entire country all Summer and you people said nothing. Fires, murders, autonomous zones, the whole lot. Innocent people were affected.

500 unarmed stumblebums went and protested AT THE PEOPLES' HOUSE (No innocent businesses were plundered), they broke some windows and messed up some papers, and you people are acting like the US government was almost overthrown.

Maybe next time don't flood your states with unsolicited mail-in ballots or refuse to clean your voter rolls so people will actually be confident in the results? Maybe next time don't attack our president for 4 years with "Russia" nonsense and accept THAT election?

Maybe?

Old 07-20-2021, 08:08 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Yeah and denying the deflection is a cute way of saying "I don't understand what the word deflection means".

When a group of subjects is asked about January 6 and the response is "but BLM....But Portland....But summer riots" that's a deflection.

If you're against riots, looting, destruction of property, then be against it. Don't be for it in one instance and then say "but BLM did it too" in another.

I have no problem saying both the summer riots and the Jan 6 riots are inexcusable. Apparently some people think one is OK and not the other.
its hypocrisy at its finest.

I enjoy seeing these people make fools of themselves when they say “but they did it too”

like its okay to riot now even though they were all against it before Jan 6th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies