Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 02:58 PM

43,589 posts, read 18,651,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The republican party already is doomed. They were doomed long ago actually. It was Reagan who gave amnesty last time around. Maybe it seemed like a good idea at the time, but now democrats think it's a good idea. And why are so many illegals here in the first place? Well, there's no denying that the cowardly Republicans love their cheap labor. If you think republican business owners aren't hiring these people, you are delusional.

The republican party is just as responsible for the downfall of America as the democrats.
Are there that many Republicans in California ? Are all the illegals there just sitting around doing nothing ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 03:02 PM

38,561 posts, read 22,419,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Democrats may dress up the issue of amnesty in compassionate clothing, attempting to "guilt" well-meaning centrists into supporting the cause, but at the end of the day, granting citizenship to illegal immigrants is nothing more than a power play for liberals, a means to an end. Does anyone honestly think Democrats would support amnesty if the majority of illegal immigrants supported Republicans?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ya1?li=BBnb7Kz

Their agenda is clear. They have to keep pandering to American Latinos also whom many if not most are demanding amnesty for their illegal amigos.
It explains why Biden is causing the largest illegal alien crossings into the US, he thinks he can let in millions of illegal aliens, then make them, and tens of millions more illegals, and turn them all full US citizens, and out of pure gratitude, they will vote for democrats, giving the party millions of new votes for the coming elections.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:05 PM

I think the US as a whole will be dragged down. I think we probably have close to 30 million, if not more, illegals living here and thousands are coming in each day.

Uneducated and poor and cannot speak our language. The welfare rolls will soar.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:12 PM

4,576 posts, read 4,122,830 times
Republicans are far from doomed. They will control the Supreme Court for the next 30 years. The Senate and electoral college are in their favor and they are very good at gerrymandering.

Old 07-20-2021, 03:20 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,611,559 times
its bad USA is now double doomed...shucks

Old 07-20-2021, 03:28 PM

22,010 posts, read 25,354,272 times
Quote:
Democrats may dress up the issue of amnesty in compassionate clothing, attempting to "guilt" well-meaning centrists into supporting the cause, but at the end of the day, granting citizenship to illegal immigrants is nothing more than a power play for liberals, a means to an end. Does anyone honestly think Democrats would support amnesty if the majority of illegal immigrants supported Republicans?

Their agenda is clear. They have to keep pandering to American Latinos also whom many if not most are demanding amnesty for their illegal amigos.
Last major amnesty deal was '86 with Reagan who Conservatives tend to idolize. But of course now it's an issue because it's not Reagan who is pushing for it.

They just need to fix immigration, but then employers like the illegals as it's a cheap workforce they can exploit. I really dislike that we've created a second class of non-resident workers we de facto permit to be here. Doesn't so much bother me in that I'm worried about competing with them in the labor market as, well, I just haven't done any unskilled labor since 18 or 19 years old where I would be competing with them anyway. It's just exploitive though. It's hard to imagine here in coastal California NOT having that illegal workforce. Sure, we don't need people keeping the offices and hotels clean, doing the landscaping, working fast food jobs... but then you get to stuff like construction, farming, food processing. If you can't get your McDonald's and have to mow your own lawn and clean your own office, and hotel rates skyrocket since they can't find people to keep more than half the rooms clean that's maybe annoying. Picking the crops though gets more serious. And even construction, yeesh. It's a nightmare right now finding contractors to do stuff. I don't even want to think about it.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:16 PM

33,394 posts, read 12,696,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Are there that many Republicans in California ? Are all the illegals there just sitting around doing nothing ?
Someone pointed out in another P&OC thread or a California thread that there are more Republicans, by number not percentage, in California than there are in any other state.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:33 PM

23,825 posts, read 24,193,160 times
Quote:

Be careful with the terminology you use. "Liberal" and "Democrat" aren't the same thing. Not anymore. The Democrat Party has been taken over by Leftists, and liberals are our allies. The disputes we have with liberals are minor compared with what the Leftists are doing. United we stand.

That said, the transparency of what the Democrats are attempting gets clearer every day. "Normies" are seeing it now. Regular people are seeing that, what's happening in the schools - all of it. If the Left want's to keep the power they've stolen from our republic, they're going to have to fight for it, and don't think that they won't. "By any means necessary."

Old 07-20-2021, 04:40 PM

63,314 posts, read 29,388,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Last major amnesty deal was '86 with Reagan who Conservatives tend to idolize. But of course now it's an issue because it's not Reagan who is pushing for it.

They just need to fix immigration, but then employers like the illegals as it's a cheap workforce they can exploit. I really dislike that we've created a second class of non-resident workers we de facto permit to be here. Doesn't so much bother me in that I'm worried about competing with them in the labor market as, well, I just haven't done any unskilled labor since 18 or 19 years old where I would be competing with them anyway. It's just exploitive though. It's hard to imagine here in coastal California NOT having that illegal workforce. Sure, we don't need people keeping the offices and hotels clean, doing the landscaping, working fast food jobs... but then you get to stuff like construction, farming, food processing. If you can't get your McDonald's and have to mow your own lawn and clean your own office, and hotel rates skyrocket since they can't find people to keep more than half the rooms clean that's maybe annoying. Picking the crops though gets more serious. And even construction, yeesh. It's a nightmare right now finding contractors to do stuff. I don't even want to think about it.
BS! I didn't support Reagan on his amnesty mistake. Even he lived to regret it since the trade off was to secure the border which the Democrats didn't do.

Nothing needs to be fixed our immigration laws just need to be enforced and our border secured. When the employers are caught "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens they are held accountable. It is the Democrats that won't pass an e-verify bill even though the Republicans have presented them. Why is that?

Oh, so I guess since you haven't lost your job to an illegal alien or had to compete with their cheap wages all is good then and to hell with Americans who have had that experience? Illegals have flooded the construction industry and yes those are skilled jobs but the greedy employers don't care about skill they just want to increase their bottom line.

There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign AG workers so why do we need illegals for those jobs except for the same reason that these greedy employers hire illegal construction workers.

Americans have always done every other job that you mentioned for a "fair" wage so WTH are you talking about? Even if that weren't true are you saying that legal immigrants won't do them either? You really are ill informed and haven't a clue. Bottom line is that there is no justification for hiring illegal aliens. It's against the law or don't you give a damn about that? Prices would not go up significantly without illegal alien labor and when you consider the over $100 billion a year that they cost us they are no bargain to most of us!

Old 07-20-2021, 04:41 PM

Just print up millions of green cards and hand them out at the border as they cross...no questions asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies