Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 04:46 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,243,365 times

Advertisements

Actually we’re doomed no matter what, it’s too late to save any aspect or any kind of liberty or freedom in America, I’m afraid we’ve seen the last of anything close to what could be seen as ‘Good’ times from here on out, things will only get worse potentially way worse way sooner than I could have ever imagined possible, especially since Kamala Harris and Obiden are pushing forward with their demonic globalist communist agenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2021, 05:02 PM

24,139 posts, read 15,222,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
Not even close. Rep have some blame obviously no group is perfect but the dems are about 90% responsible for our issues.
Republican Homebuilder Bob Perry, now deceased, gave millions of dollars to the Texas republican party. Check out david Weekly home and their contributions.

Ever wonder why 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are illegal?

Old 07-20-2021, 05:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,324,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Last major amnesty deal was '86 with Reagan who Conservatives tend to idolize. But of course now it's an issue because it's not Reagan who is pushing for it.
I think the general "narrative"/post-mortem is that Reagan negotiated one thing - amnesty now for full immigration enforcement going forward - and got another.

After that, Reagan spoke against illegal immigration, and we know Clinton and Obama did. I can't say about the Bushes, just because it's easy to find the D POTUS' speaking against illegal immigration.

In fact, it probably played a role in DACA - the way Obama narrowly defined the group as being brought here as children, still under 30 in 2012 (ie, couldn't have gotten here before about 1986), and had to have lived here for 5 years by 2012.

Quote:
They just need to fix immigration, but then employers like the illegals as it's a cheap workforce they can exploit. I really dislike that we've created a second class of non-resident workers we de facto permit to be here. Doesn't so much bother me in that I'm worried about competing with them in the labor market as, well, I just haven't done any unskilled labor since 18 or 19 years old where I would be competing with them anyway. It's just exploitive though. It's hard to imagine here in coastal California NOT having that illegal workforce. Sure, we don't need people keeping the offices and hotels clean, doing the landscaping, working fast food jobs... but then you get to stuff like construction, farming, food processing. If you can't get your McDonald's and have to mow your own lawn and clean your own office, and hotel rates skyrocket since they can't find people to keep more than half the rooms clean that's maybe annoying. Picking the crops though gets more serious. And even construction, yeesh. It's a nightmare right now finding contractors to do stuff. I don't even want to think about it.
And ending illegal immigration may bring us great temporary economic pain. But we've allowed that economic pain to hurt the most-vulnerable Americans in the US workforce since 1986. And there is still a temporary visa for farmworkers without limit.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Republican Homebuilder Bob Perry, now deceased, gave millions of dollars to the Texas republican party. Check out david Weekly home and their contributions.

Ever wonder why 1/2 the construction workers in Texas are illegal?
can you show us where 1/2 of them are ILLEGAL? Yes, I saw just yesterday that 1/2 of them are immigrants. But not that they were all illegal.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
that is definitely not true.
he should have said Venezuelans.

Quote:
and neither is this. People that are not citizens cannot qualify for welfare.
What do you think Biden meant when he rescinded Trump's "public charge" EO? That green card holders (step 1 in amnesty) couldn't get benefits?

Can "anchor babies" get welfare and other social benefits?

Old 07-20-2021, 06:12 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,944,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
If they didnt vote democrat, the wall would be completed and there would be no current 'crisis', or blaming America
You can't make anyone vote for the party that you want. People are going to vote for whomever they want, regardless of what anyone else wants. And before you ask, no, I'm not in favor of illegals.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Actually we’re doomed no matter what, it’s too late to save any aspect or any kind of liberty or freedom in America, I’m afraid we’ve seen the last of anything close to what could be seen as ‘Good’ times from here on out, things will only get worse potentially way worse way sooner than I could have ever imagined possible, especially since Kamala Harris and Obiden are pushing forward with their demonic globalist communist agenda
For some people in America, life was never that good to begin with. For some, this is the best America has ever been for them.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Cubans should be the most welcomed migrants. They are educated and most have professional jobs.
It depends. The first wave of Cubans who came, many of them were the educated and hard working people. Within a generation, many were represented among the college educated white collar professionals. The Mariel boatlift, on the other hand, there were many among Cuba's underclass, undereducated, and in some cases, criminals who came to America.

Old 07-20-2021, 06:19 PM

5,130 posts, read 2,080,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You can't make anyone vote for the party that you want. People are going to vote for whomever they want, regardless of what anyone else wants. And before you ask, no, I'm not in favor of illegals.
You means like the Hispanics in the city of McAllen who elected a Republican as a mayor last month?

Old 07-20-2021, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
You means like the Hispanics in the city of McAllen who elected a Republican as a mayor last month?
Like I said, people are going to vote for whomever they want. I was telling said person it wasn't up to him/her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies