Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 08:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, the point is that there doesn’t need to be any equating. It should never get to the point where what you’re pointing out should even be considered.

We’re not talking about behavior in a public library, but rather someone’s personal residence.

You think that the homeowner not being reciprocal is rude. I think asserting that it should even get to the point where that would be a consideration is rude.
Biden is bringing Covid over the border to our home... so what is the difference?

Old 07-22-2021, 08:33 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
First of all I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and plus I don’t feel like wearing a dam mask(and plus they don’t work) while working. Personally i think this getting out of hand...were we wrong to lie?
Quote:
So by your logic in the future if go into any customers home... should I start asking if they have any contagious diseases since I may have a comprised immune system . If I start asking questions like that I’ll be out business in no time.
If you are in their home, it doggoned well is their business. You essentially entered their home under false pretenses. You might as well have been lying about your credentials to do business.

And as well, you'd be in your right to wear a mask for your own protection.

In fact, my business takes me into other people's homes--where I wear a mask without being asked--and it brings other people into my home--where I require them to be masked.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:36 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No it isn't, at all the same thing as making the plumber remove his shoes while you wear yours. Not the same thing at all.

To make it the same thing, the plumber would have to remove his shoes but when the homeowner goes over to the plumber's house, he won't remove his own shoes.

THAT's the same thing.

The mask thing is about each person's health. And it doesn't matter "who's paying", that the plumber should be subject to a serious virus that the homeowner isn't willing to reciprocate to protect him from.
It’s about what is paramount.

It’s your opinion that it’s ‘about health’.

If the homeowner isn’t violating any health laws, or interim policies with the force of law, then it’s your opinion that it’s ‘about health’ vs the homeowner’s opinion that’s it isn’t…..and……on the contrary, it isn’t a matter of opinion whether the homeowner has domain over his/her house vs, someone hired to work on the house who hasn’t done the work yet.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It’s about what is paramount.

It’s your opinion that it’s ‘about health’.

If the homeowner isn’t violating any health laws, or interim policies with the force of law, then it’s your opinion that it’s ‘about health’ vs the homeowner’s opinion that’s it isn’t…..and……on the contrary, it isn’t a matter of opinion whether the homeowner has domain over his/her house vs, someone hired to work on the house who hasn’t done the work yet.
Someone hired to work in another person's home doesn't have to do it, at their perceived peril. They can decide to leave and not complete the work.

And yes, this is about health. The example I gave earlier was about getting dirt on the homeowner's floors, which is ABSOLUTELY up to the homeowner to decide who wears shoes in their own home. It can absolutely be an unequal balance, and the plumber can have to remove his shoes while the homeowner wears his.

Masks and vaccines are different, which are both about the health of the homeowner and the contractor.

The homeowner doesn't have the right to withhold vaccine info and not wear a mask, while requiring a mask be worn by the contractor.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
OP, that was really bad form. They may have some autoimmune disease they're concerned about and you may have carried something into their home.

I cannot, for the life of me, understand people who take a stand based on what they consider moral or ethical grounds - and then do something that is neither moral or ethical.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:50 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
This thread is now 20 pages long. It was 16 when I started reading it. I'm not going to wait to post until I've read every damn post first.

At first I thought you said *you* were 16 when you started reading it.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Exactly. If they are vaccinated they shouldn't worry.
I swear, you folks are astonishingly pernicious individuals.

A question was asked in someone’s PRIVATE residence and you guys are so hard up OR greedy for a buck that you’ll lie to a customer instead of standing on your principles.

If you’re an anti vaxxer, then stand on that belief even if you go broke doing it. Don’t lie and endanger others just because you don’t have courage of your convictions. Don’t be a contrarian coward.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:51 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,786 times
Quote:
First of all I don’t think it’s anyone’s business and plus I don’t feel like wearing a dam mask(and plus they don’t work) while working. Personally i think this getting out of hand...were we wrong to lie?
Not very honorable of you to do that. I for one would never lie about a virus, that’s the best way to meet karma. Good luck.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Weak debate.
Nope

You just can’t refute my points.

Quote:
Fact is many people put pressure on getting a bill passed to get the govenment up and running .. no money means no paycheck.. you know that as well as I do
^^^^^ That’s irrelevant.

If showing that being fiscally conservative as a principle had been important enough to him, then he would have vetoed each of those bills.

Quote:
Pelosi is a snake.
Yes, she is.

Quote:
I remember she wouldn't even negotiate and left the bill and no one was getting paid...so stop with the garbage..
Principle is principle, and it was either there at that time or it wasn’t…..up to Trump….and it wasn’t.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:54 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
That's kind of despicable. I hope you remember this if someday a worker causes damage to your home because he lied and told you he was licensed, or anything similar when you trusted someone to be a decent, truthful person.

I'm guessing that you strongly object to the possibility of people being required to carry proof-of-vaccination cards, or something like that, right? Well, if that happens, it's because of people like you, who are untrustworthy, and lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies