Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 12:07 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I may have missed it, but does anyone know if any of the Supremes asked questions about fetal homicide laws? Haven't heard that they did, so pretty clearly they don't consider it relevant.
Why do they need to ask a question about them? All they have to do is read such laws. Just as when they cite other court cases in their rulings without asking either side about them, they can cite fetal homicide laws without asking either side about them.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:10 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Like women are too stupid to understand what an abortion is
Seems a hell of a lot are too stupid to understand what birth control is. 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to either the failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or the incorrect/inconsistent use of such (41%).

Old 12-10-2021, 12:11 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,605,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I can't help with that --- the markets are the indicator as to what is actually going on in any industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then I guess there truly is no real need for abortion.

Please let the others know, so they can stop freaking out.
The need is there, just not as much of one, but then you know that right ... ? they still need funding ...

The U.S. Abortion Rate Continues to Drop: Once Again, State Abortion Restrictions Are Not the Main Driver

"Reducing abortion by shuttering clinics and erecting logistical barriers for patients is in direct conflict with sound public health policy, and the debate should not be framed based on the false premise that any reduction in abortion is a good outcome. Rather, it is critical to remember that timely and affordable access to abortion should be available to anyone who wants and needs it." (my emphasis: markets be damned)

Got to find the funding for those who do need it. Where does it come from? btw: diaper manufactures and all those that make money off of baby paraphernalia they are going to need help too, if they are going to stay in business as the result of the decline in birth rates ...

Can you say ... Government subsidies?

Old 12-10-2021, 12:16 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The restrictions they have placed on these clinics have led to closure, Louisiana alone has passed 89 abortion restrictions over the years since Roe, no surprise that they are down to one clinic. I don't think many businesses could survive their actions.
Good gosh, 89 abortion restrictions. As I wrote earlier, Republicans are the ones with an agenda, and it is all out anti-abortion.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Seems a hell of a lot are too stupid to understand what birth control is. 95% of all unintended pregnancies are due to either the failure to use any birth control at all (54%), or the incorrect/inconsistent use of such (41%).
This is the 'wimmin r idjits' defense.

That women are so stupid that they don't understand birth control.

But *somehow* all of them know what an abortion is and where to get one.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,605,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The restrictions they have placed on these clinics have led to closure, Louisiana alone has passed 89 abortion restrictions over the years since Roe, no surprise that they are down to one clinic. I don't think many businesses could survive their actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Good gosh, 89 abortion restrictions. As I wrote earlier, Republicans are the ones with an agenda, and it is all out anti-abortion.
And not about granting States the right to decide rather than the Federal Government and put this law into the hands of the voters? Nope, that can't be right. We need strong dictatorship, yep, that's what we need.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
The need is there, just not as much of one, but then you know that right ... ? they still need funding ...

The U.S. Abortion Rate Continues to Drop: Once Again, State Abortion Restrictions Are Not the Main Driver

"Reducing abortion by shuttering clinics and erecting logistical barriers for patients is in direct conflict with sound public health policy, and the debate should not be framed based on the false premise that any reduction in abortion is a good outcome. Rather, it is critical to remember that timely and affordable access to abortion should be available to anyone who wants and needs it." (my emphasis: markets be damned)

Got to find the funding for those who do need it. Where does it come from? btw: diaper manufactures and all those that make money off of baby paraphernalia they are going to need help too, if they are going to stay in business as the result of the decline in birth rates ...

Can you say ... Government subsidies?
No, they don't need funding.

Imagine if the billions in donor money went to help teen moms/single moms and their babies ... how much good it could do.

But ... kill babies because they need to be dead. Gotcha.

Supply and demand. he manufacturers will figure it out. If Hobby Lobby and Chic fil A can close 1 day a week, not operate 24/7, and still post healthy profits, so can other companies.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
That's a good one --- it takes both the sperm and the egg to make the person. So in the loss of one, (deep freeze goes on the blink and looses women's frozen eggs) that's not a baby in limbo. But a lawsuit instead.
That is a major reason why voters in Mississippi rejected a personhood amendment, meaning that human life begins at conception as well as all human rights.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I realize you think labor and delivery -- well I guess technically, it's delivery -- offers magical alchemy that turns whatever you think is in the mother's womb into a baby.

What, is it a turnip, quilt, playstation or ice skates beforehand? A clump of odd cells just stuck to each other? A sheep or walrus?

How does that alchemy of birth work again... you know where the tractor in the womb miraculously turns into a 5-9 pound baby with separate blood type and DNA from his or her mom?

What a religious experience.
You'd rather not, but I go by what the law says.

Old 12-10-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You'd rather not, but I go by what the law says.
And if the law is changed to reflect that rape is legal, you'd go by what the law says? Be OK with it? Not question it? Convince others that rape was needed as part of civilized society?

Mmkay. Good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies