Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2022, 09:27 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Abortion is control. It says you have no other choice but to kill your unborn child and carry the death of that child with you forever till the day you die. Trust society is okay with that, especially when it comes to poor women whom they believe will only give birth to more children in poverty. Rather than fix the reason for the choice, they give to them no other options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No one is controlling women and making them have abortions.

Most women are not agonizing until they day they die over their choice to abort. That's just you projecting onto other women what you want them to feel. Research shows most women feel nothing but relief that they are able to obtain a safe and legal abortion when they want to.
Quote:
No one is controlling women and making them have abortions.
When women are out of options, and there are no other options, that's control. btw: adoptions act the same way. Its a callous thought that women are giving up their children willingly.

Women have much bigger issues than abortion. When addressed the need for an abortion will become obsolete. The choice may remain, but the necessity for the procedure eradicated. We have some strong women writing laws today, that are going to make sure of it. 30 percent of the nation’s state legislators are women, as are nearly 27 percent of the Members of Congress. Women have come along way over the last 50 years and they're not done yet.
Quote:
Most women are not agonizing until they day they die over their choice to abort.
Tell that to my friend, who never got over it. The pregnancy that followed, the baby was still born; she blamed herself; felt she was being punished. She is not alone.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:28 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Ah, the famous rape and incest victim argument, very predictable.
I'm done arguing this.
You either care about life, or you don't. Abortion stops a heartbeat. Murder in my book.
Do you support capital punishment?

Old 01-02-2022, 09:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Do you support capital punishment?
Wrong thread, and I've wavered back and forth with this one for a long time.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Simple. Abortion is self- defense. The right to privacy is the right to determine one's own bodily autonomy. It is not primarily about killing the fetus even though that is the unfortunate side effect.
Roe v Wade stated the right to privacy is not unlimited. At a point during pregnancy the States' legitimate and important interest in protecting potential human life, prenatal life, can be weighed against the woman's limited right to privacy.

If you're comparing having an abortion to using deadly force to protect oneself from great bodily harm or death, I suppose you'd legalize abortion up to birth since there's a risk to the woman of gbh or death throughout the process.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:37 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Wrong thread, and I've wavered back and forth with this one for a long time.
Either all life is precious or only some? Ok to abort in case of rape or incest? Qualifying some pregnancy as ok to abort but not other? Killing a convict ok? Either life is precious to you or it isn’t. Can’t really have it both ways without sounding subjectively judgmental.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:41 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Roe v Wade stated the right to privacy is not unlimited. At a point during pregnancy the States' legitimate and important interest in protecting potential human life, prenatal life, can be weighed against the woman's limited right to privacy.

If you're comparing having an abortion to using deadly force to protect oneself from great bodily harm or death, I suppose you'd legalize abortion up to birth since there's a risk to the woman of gbh or death throughout the process.
Too late to ask women to compromise with restrictions.

That ship has sailed. Women did live with restrictions.

It is never enough and the screeching far right cannot be compromised with.

So called pro-lifers have overplayed their hand. Don't expect there will not be a backlash when you go too far.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:50 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Criminal law? The founding fathers adhered to the philosophy of Natural Law --- there is not [a] right to privacy in nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm finding the pro-abortion/pro-choice contingent's argument that one can harm and/or kill another whenever they want as long as they do it in private to be grotesquely absurd.
It only works if a person can get by with it ... what I find interesting is that we are suppose to be a civilized culture; turns out, not so much.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That doesn't change my response: that makes them (fetal homicide laws) unconstitutional as it allows some but not others to kill another human life solely for the sake of their own convenience. Either anyone can kill an unborn child at will, or no one can.
This is called LOGIC 101, folks.

Old 01-02-2022, 10:00 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
It only works if a person can get by with it ... what I find interesting is that we are suppose to be a civilized culture; turns out, not so much.
Civilized people mind their own business. A certain segment of American society was apparently raised by wolves and does not understand this basic premise of civilization.

Old 01-02-2022, 10:01 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Ah, the famous rape and incest victim argument, very predictable.
I'm done arguing this.
You either care about life, or you don't. Abortion stops a heartbeat. Murder in my book.
An embryo is not a person, is not a life, is not viable, and therefore abortion is not murder. The woman has a right to her own body.

I prefer abortion not happen, but I don't have, nor does anyone else have, the right to demand and control what a woman does with her body.

Telling you would not address the issue of abortion and rape or incest. Why would that be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies