Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is discrimination against the unvaccinated acceptable?
Yes 39 37.14%
No 66 62.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 08:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 3,227,833 times

Advertisements

I honestly think the poll attached to this thread should be "Did you know Eric Clapton was still touring? Yes/No"

Just another celeb well past his prime trying to keep his name in the press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 08:38 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
The flip side of that coin is how safe is the vaccine if, after all he has been through, it was the vaccine that nearly did him in?
90% of ALL adult Britons have now been jabbed, we are NOT dying in the streets from the vaccine - we ARE however now living back to normal lives and despite this there is now a Covid death rate coming along in handfuls (rather than the 1250 people dying EVERY day before the vaccine).

Says it all really.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:49 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,063,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
How high a number, and what is your reasoning for that number?
125% ? Then we will be forever safe

Old 07-24-2021, 08:50 AM

25,874 posts, read 18,882,275 times
Well at least somebody has stones enough to stand up to our Tyrannocracy.

Old 07-24-2021, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Sorry to hear that he had an adverse reaction to the vaccine. The actual virus could have been much worse for him.
More people are dying from VAX reactions, than the virus itself.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:39 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,518,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
More people are dying from VAX reactions, than the virus itself.
I think you forgot to provide a link to the stats.

Old 07-24-2021, 09:43 AM

323 posts, read 509,130 times
Here's another hot take from Eric Clapton:

Quote:
Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands… So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country … I don’t want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white …
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/er...n-racist-rant/

In other words, he's just another right-wing goon.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:05 AM

11,149 posts, read 10,725,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
While i respect his decision, he’s only hurting his own finances.
He’s worth a quarter Billion. He could never have another show and he’d be perfectly fine financially.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:07 AM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well at least somebody has stones enough to stand up to our Tyrannocracy.
There was another. Some sports coach that quit rather than get vaccinated.
I read that yesterday or the day before.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:35 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,184,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Eric Clapton has the right to his opinions and views.
Yup he sure does. Said this to a crowd in 1976 and from what I've gathered, hasn't given what feels like a genuine apology.

"Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the w*gs out. Get the c**ns out. Keep Britain white.

I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. ****ing w*gs, man. ****ing Saudis taking over London. Bastard w*gs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black w*gs and c**ns and Arabs and ****ing Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black w*gs and c**ns living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for ****'s sake? Throw the w*gs out! Keep Britain white!"

-Eric Clapton

I like his music, hell sunshine of your love is one of my favorite songs to play on guitar - but JFC this just makes it hard to enjoy. I'm not sure he's grown much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies