Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 12:22 AM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
But it's just a damn shot! I don't understand the difficult and hesitancy in getting it? It will put an end to this crisis! So why not get it?
1. Vaccines won’t put an end to the crisis, as you can still catch, spread, and die from covid.

2. Covid is a 99% global survival rate virus susceptible to the old and those with pre-existing conditions, so society has decided it’s not deadly enough to warrant getting the vaccine for the average person.

If covid had like a 70% global survival rate, people would be killing eachother over vaccines.

Until covid becomes deadlier, or approved for kids under 12, the world will never be fully vaccinated.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:36 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
But it's just a damn shot! I don't understand the difficult and hesitancy in getting it? It will put an end to this crisis! So why not get it?
I'm not a big fan of experimental gene therapy coursing through my bloodstream.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:52 AM

2,140 posts, read 362,676 times
Private businesses and other entities have the right to require masks. I’m guessing they will if people don’t start getting vaccinated.

No one’s freedom is unjustly impacted, you can enjoy whatever it is if you wear a mask. Think of it as a “No shoes, no shirt, no service” sort of thing. I don’t see protests over having to wear shoes when going to a store. It’s a requirement that you wear something. What’s the big deal?

Masks actually save lives. Not getting vaccinated (if eligible) is selfish. Especially if one then refuses to wear a mask when out in public.

The only thing that is perpetuating this pandemic is people who aren’t vaccinated or wear masks properly. We could all be nearly done with this carp by now if everyone did these two simple things.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:00 AM

7,388 posts, read 3,542,914 times
We are never going to get out of this. I just know schools are gonna be half day/remote come September with all the hyper protocols in place that make in person instruction unbearable. I really feel bad for our children and how we are screwing them over year after year. They are never getting this time back.

Seeing lots of "mask families" out there. Wearing masks outside with their young kids in New Jersey. My problem with them is these people although small in number, are very emotional, opinionated, make a lot of noise... and are the ones who will put pressure on everyone else (politicians, school boards, etc) to make everyone comply with their insanity.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:07 AM

13,660 posts, read 9,727,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
We are never going to get out of this. I just know schools are gonna be half day/remote come September with all the hyper protocols in place that make in person instruction unbearable. I really feel bad for our children and how we are screwing them over year after year. They are never getting this time back.

Seeing lots of "mask families" out there. Wearing masks outside with their young kids in New Jersey. My problem with them is these people although small in number, are very emotional, opinionated, make a lot of noise... and are the ones who will put pressure on everyone else (politicians, school boards, etc) to make everyone comply with their insanity.
Indeed. There is no magical solution. And the supposed "public health measures" aren't exactly magical... or a solution.

We simply have to accept that besides cancer and heart disease, we have a third principal killer: the virus. We simply have to accept, that some number of Americans - and presumably comparable proportions elsewhere in the world - are going to die. Every day. Maybe 500 extra a day, beyond the normal historical daily count, before the pandemic. Maybe 1000 extra per day. Maybe 2000 extra. I don't know what that number is, or how it would flare or recede, only to re-flare. But we simply have to accept the reality of death. And to move on.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:11 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Wearing a mask is trivial, no one should mind that. Lockdowns are annoying, but understandable to prevent the kind of death we saw with Covid in the first wave.

When will we get the actual covid death numbers. Not the number of every single person who died with covid.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:08 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
Personally I was never locked down or wore a mask in the first place. Whether they come back makes no difference to me, doesn't effect me.

That said, as one being against lock downs and masks, I hope they do come back. Seeing the vaxed masked and living that hermit life again would be epic...lol Leftism is a disease, it takes years to cure. Perpetual misery is a path to that cure. I see it as the greater good.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:31 AM

39 posts, read 16,444 times
I am fine with wearing a mask if necessary. I would dread seeing businesses shut down again as it financially ruined many people’s lives. If that happens, I lay the blame where it belongs, with anti Vader’s whose recklessness caused this virus to reign out of control.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:42 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Ironic that Israel, which is full of descendents of Holocaust victims, did have a vaccine card system and the citizens did not worry about the government becoming malicious! Because, America is the only country in the world where trying to protect public health is considered evil. Other countries use their brains.
How wrong you are - there were protests in Israel too and even MSN covered it.

Old 07-26-2021, 04:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,829 times
Marxist Democrats are the PATHOGENS that threaten the Constitution of the United States!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies