Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 06:24 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times

Advertisements

The CDC gives recommendations but some governor's follow them and never questions whether they are full of crap or not. The CDC recommendations have become mandates. If anyone thinks this is about a virus and not control they are out to lunch.

Old 07-28-2021, 06:13 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Expect a lot of civil unrest if lockdowns return. The feeling of nothing left to lose will fuel that very strongly.
I don't think that there will be anything drastic taking place because most of the violent demonstrations take place in cities and are largely fueled Democrats and the rioters are largely non-conservatives, many of whom would like nothing better than to see more government control including forced vaccinations, as quite a few have made clear on these C-D vaccine threads. And, yes, blacks are resistant, in general as a group, to the vaccines, but I am not sure if they would be upset enough about this issue to violently protest. And, also, many people (both conservatives and liberals) seem to have no problem staying at home for lengthy periods of time, which has also been stated by many posters.

What I would like to see, however, would be a peaceful MASS demonstration against Big Brother government at each state capital and a huge peaceful protest in Washington, D.C. . . .

OOPS -- wait a minute. Maybe
that is why the Capitol police is branching out to other states and cities. Maybe something like what I suggested is what they are actually expecting!

(I did not believe the excuse that the stated reason for this was to protect state legislators from white supremacists . . . yeah, right. )

Old 07-28-2021, 06:23 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
The CDC gives recommendations but some governor's follow them and never questions whether they are full of crap or not. The CDC recommendations have become mandates. If anyone thinks this is about a virus and not control they are out to lunch.
Its why I support a cold damp jail cell in gitmo for Fauci and his CDC cohorts.
He's made his "recommendations" without any regard for the disastrous consequences that have followed (i.e. increased suicides, delayed medical diagnosis and treatment, economic devastation, addiction relapse, etc.)

Old 07-28-2021, 06:34 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Looks more like this is going to happen. Numbers are going way up. There are cities already reinstating masking mandates. Schools are now reconsidering their September plans. People who want to prevent going back to makings and "lockdowns" can help prevent it by getting vaccinated.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-28-2021, 06:49 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Looks more like this is going to happen. Numbers are going way up. There are cities already reinstating masking mandates. Schools are now reconsidering their September plans. People who want to prevent going back to makings and "lockdowns" can help prevent it by getting vaccinated.
Numbers are 'spiking' but deaths remain low. Why? because the vast majority of those at risk have been vaccinated. Look at Florida for example... 85% of at risk individuals have received their vaccinations and then add those who have antibodies. Then look at at the age/ethic groups getting infected.So when you actually look at the data and not listen to media reports you must come to a different conclusion, because the data does not support the response.

Schools don't make decisions...parents do.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:02 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Numbers are 'spiking' but deaths remain low. Why? because the vast majority of those at risk have been vaccinated. Look at Florida for example... 85% of at risk individuals have received their vaccinations and then add those who have antibodies. Then look at at the age/ethic groups getting infected.So when you actually look at the data and not listen to media reports you must come to a different conclusion, because the data does not support the response.

Schools don't make decisions...parents do.
It's true many at-risk people have been vaccinated. But deaths are also going down because:

- They were lower in summer last year, generally
- Health care providers have gotten better at managing COVID
- There are now moderately-effective COVD-specific treatments that reduce mortality
- Some people who were vaccinated got COVID but were not as sick and didn't die because they were vaccinated

Your point - I think - is that it doesn't matter as much now if the rest of the people get COVID because there is a lower possibility of death. But we have a vaccine and can take measures to reduce spread and more illness/death. Why not do these things? Wearing a mask and getting one vaccine really isn't a big deal.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies