Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 06:14 AM

610 posts, read 264,259 times

Advertisements

I'm optimistic that things won't go any further than possible mask mandates for the simple reason that a bunch of Governors are up for reelection in 2022. Imposing any sort of mass closures/lockdowns would not go over well with the vast majority of the population and would likely cost them votes.

Michigan this past April gave some insight into this. If you recall we had a huge random surge (up to 9,000 cases per day) during that time. Hospitals were very busy, but not "overwhelmed". The CDC basically ordered Whitmer to shut down but she refused and instead pushed vaccines. Keep in mind this is the Governor that had previously banned the sale of paint, operating a motorized boat and traveling to your own vacation home. If anyone was going to lock down again it would have been her.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:18 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Numbers are high for the summer. We should wait until mid September to see how they are trending. If they are still going up we should mask up and lock down to prevent an October spike (the time of year it spiked last year).
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-26-2021, 06:25 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
The cdc might issue new guidelines where vaccinated people might have to wear masks in stores again. we have a vaccine. I went through hell with the masks and lockdowns for a year. the restrictions on children and older adults created a lot of psychological problems. One guy that predicted all of this thinks the masks and the lockdowns will continue in the fall. His name is Chris sky. He is a human rights activist.

Would any of you lose it if the masks came back? would it have to be the lockdowns? would some not care or even enjoy another lockdown like a psychiatric patient?

am I the only one ready to explode if even the masks come back god forbid the lockdowns?

I lived in a state where people would tell you to wear them outside.

in spirituality it's wrong to make someone do something they do not want them to do.

would you be concerned that this will never end if the lockdowns come back?

I am afraid I will get lung cancer if I am forced to wear the masks anymore. stores were closed at 3pm .

I go to a gym I will not work out with a mask.
Masks will not give you lung cancer. I think most people knew there was going to be a couple of iterations, we know from previous pandemics that even when we have a protocol to contain the virus, there isnt goign to be enough fidelity to it to work in one swipe, this was the most likely scenario.

I dont want more lockdowns, like i wouldn't want more medicine I don't like, but it might be necessary, I just wish if we have to do it we apply lessons learned, apply what we know about outdoor transmission, and not politicize the restrictions.

Old 07-26-2021, 06:28 AM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Numbers are high for the summer. We should wait until mid September to see how they are trending. If they are still going up we should mask up and lock down to prevent an October spike (the time of year it spiked last year).
I sorely wish that they had approved the vaccine for 2-12 yo's by now. It is that group that I worry about come September. Once there is vaccine available for them then there is no reason to shut down anything unless the breakthrough cases become problematic. We can't be responsible for the actions of the irresponsible forever. So, to me, any new restrictions must be predicated on what is happening with young children and the vaccinated. To hell with the rest of them!

Old 07-26-2021, 06:30 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,818,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
For the economy, most definitely; slowing individual spending keeps a lid on inflation.
So you see government closings a good thing? really?

Old 07-26-2021, 06:34 AM

7,375 posts, read 3,536,587 times
Quote:
What numbers? Hospitalizations or cases?

Old 07-26-2021, 07:02 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I sorely wish that they had approved the vaccine for 2-12 yo's by now. It is that group that I worry about come September. Once there is vaccine available for them then there is no reason to shut down anything unless the breakthrough cases become problematic. We can't be responsible for the actions of the irresponsible forever. So, to me, any new restrictions must be predicated on what is happening with young children and the vaccinated. To hell with the rest of them!
Why are you worried about a group for whom this virus is rarely more than cold-like and who are not large spreaders of the virus? You’re not. You’re probably worried about the very slight chance they’re going to come in contact with you, and that your vaccine isn’t really going to protect you. And you shouldn’t. Vaccine means IF you get it, it will be mild for you, too.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:15 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
What numbers? Hospitalizations or cases?
Both
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-26-2021, 07:46 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,558,478 times
Quote:
Its weird, in some areas it spiked in the summer (FL/AZ) but most other places it spiked in the fall. Will be interesting to see if the same happens again.

As for losing it? Nah. Won't happen in FL anyway, but didn't bother me the first time, wont bother me again.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:49 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
So you see government closings a good thing? really?

I see government doing pretty much anything they please these days, self-serving government; we the people have unfortunately allowed more and more control to.
Yet, nobody is in charge.
Government is only a good thing when it's kept to a minimum, as there are too many dumb sheep in this country; wanting more government to do more things for them.
Deductive reasoning, common sense, critical thinking skills are no longer part of the equation.
And I'm not wearing a mask, I got jabbed to end that dehumanizing practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies