Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what would it take for you to lose it ? masks coming back ? lockdowns? or do you not care?
even if only the masks came back id lose it 45 28.13%
it would have to be at least the lockdowns 28 17.50%
i dont care either way 72 45.00%
i love lockdowns and masks 15 9.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 07:21 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,848,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That's the problem.... as long as this virus is spreading, we can't move on with life. The only way we can stop the spread and move on with life is for people to get vaccinated. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
The virus will always be spreading. Vaccinated people are getting and spreading covid as well. Even if we had a 100% worldwide vaccine rate, covid would still spread.

One would think that if the vaccines are working we would not see overwhelmed hospitals again, the main reason to lockdown so if true, we need to get on with life and stop acting like we can defeat a respiratory virus.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:33 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,960,799 times
Every single person in my direct orbit is vaccinated.
- All of my immediate family (parents, siblings)
- All of my wife's immediate family (parents, grandparents, siblings)
- All of my neighbors that I associate with
- The people I work directly with at work
- My close friends

My employer did a survey last month, and had a 97% response rate and said that 95% percent of the responses indicated they were vaccinated.

I see zero reason to "wear a mask" around any of these people.
I'm fine with still doing it in airports/planes and public transit.

The mask theater of wearing a mask to get up from the table at a restaurant to walk out the door seems ridiculous to go back to that charade again.

I'm not sure that public mask mandates are going to do anything at this point, as I venture to guess that the unvaccinated people catching and spreading COVID are probably doing it in places where they wouldn't be or won't wear a mask anyways, like hanging out in private homes, living situations, private gatherings, etc.

I feel like an awful lot of people and businesses are going to be pretty lax in actual use or enforcement of any mask mandates this time around, as I live in a "purple" area that is borders on deep red areas in the surrounding counties and rural areas.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:38 AM

3,987 posts, read 6,605,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
This dumb canard again, as if mass house arrest was just a totally normal and reasonable reaction, and we Americans should be falling over ourselves to show gratitude for being somewhat exempt from it. Trying to liken it to having gotten the EZ Pass and most of the rest of the world having had to wait in line for the tolls...when the reality is, the roads should be free for everyone.
"Mass house arrest", ok. get a grip. Speaking of the "dumb canard again"....

Old 07-27-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTWflyer View Post
Every single person in my direct orbit is vaccinated.
- All of my immediate family (parents, siblings)
- All of my wife's immediate family (parents, grandparents, siblings)
- All of my neighbors that I associate with
- The people I work directly with at work
- My close friends

My employer did a survey last month, and had a 97% response rate and said that 95% percent of the responses indicated they were vaccinated.

I see zero reason to "wear a mask" around any of these people.
I'm fine with still doing it in airports/planes and public transit.

The mask theater of wearing a mask to get up from the table at a restaurant to walk out the door seems ridiculous to go back to that charade again.

I'm not sure that public mask mandates are going to do anything at this point, as I venture to guess that the unvaccinated people catching and spreading COVID are probably doing it in places where they wouldn't be or won't wear a mask anyways, like hanging out in private homes, living situations, private gatherings, etc.

I feel like an awful lot of people and businesses are going to be pretty lax in actual use or enforcement of any mask mandates this time around, as I live in a "purple" area that is borders on deep red areas in the surrounding counties and rural areas.
I agree about mask theater. I hope we don’t go back to that. I stopped seeing very many people wearing masks in stores about two weeks after our mask mandate ended but I’m starting to see more people wearing them again. My liberal city loves their masks. They will welcome another mandate with open arms coupled with angry vitriol targeting anyone who doesn’t agree. Ugh.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:45 AM

42,087 posts, read 75,575,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If there is another lockdown it will because the vaccine doesn’t work.
No, it will be because stupid people with no other reason than "muh rights!" refuse to get the vaccine.

Quote:
If 75% of adults are vaccinated then you’ve proven my observation correct. Most are getting vaccinated and most followed the rules.
That's in one location. Where I live has yet to reach 50% vaccinated yet; outlying counties have even lower vaccination rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The weak minded are easily manipulated to turn on their fellow man.
As was shown last summer when gun-toting yahoos showed up at state capitols. Or when similar yahoos showed up at the private homes of health department officials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Most of the people who are so worked up into a lather of fear about this virus have attention spans that are comparable with that of a lobotomized ferret.
No different from people worked up into a lather over masks and shutdowns, right? The folks trying to lessen the spread of the virus are not the ones starting threads about "losing it" about masks and shutdowns, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
This dumb canard again, as if mass house arrest was just a totally normal and reasonable reaction
What "mass house arrest"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
I had to wear one for 10 hours 5 days a week before I got vaccinated. It wasnt a big deal. If my job brings them back for the vaccinated I wouldnt like it, but I can wear it with no problem.
Same. I wore a mask for 9 hours a day at Job #1, put on a fresh mask for Job #2 for 4 hours. It's not pleasant, but it's not torture, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
People saying there was no lockdowns is false. I could not buy shoes not because the store wanted to stay closed but the gov of mass had orders to shut down buisness. I had to go to new Hampshire to buy shoes
If you were able to drive to New Hampshire to buy shoes, you were not locked down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
there are plenty of people who are vaccinated who are getting covid, getting very sick and dying.
What stats do you have on vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated people coming down with Covid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Wow, so the news is a lie and the CDC is a lie, as well as our own ny.gov website is a lie. Darn, where must I get my source of info then?
Well, that's easy. The only reliable sources of information are Breitbart et al, and the fine conservative posters on City-Data!

Quote:
If true, stop pushing the vaccine on people who don’t want it and get on with your life.
Can't get on with life during a pandemic. If people would elect to get vaccinated, the pandemic would be over a lot more quickly.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
No, it will be because stupid people with no other reason than "muh rights!" refuse to get the vaccine.

That's in one location. Where I live has yet to reach 50% vaccinated yet; outlying counties have even lower vaccination rates.

As was shown last summer when gun-toting yahoos showed up at state capitols. Or when similar yahoos showed up at the private homes of health department officials.

No different from people worked up into a lather over masks and shutdowns, right? The folks trying to lessen the spread of the virus are not the ones starting threads about "losing it" about masks and shutdowns, right?

What "mass house arrest"?

Same. I wore a mask for 9 hours a day at Job #1, put on a fresh mask for Job #2 for 4 hours. It's not pleasant, but it's not torture, either.

If you were able to drive to New Hampshire to buy shoes, you were not locked down.

What stats do you have on vaccinated vs. non-vaccinated people coming down with Covid?

Well, that's easy. The only reliable sources of information are Breitbart et al, and the fine conservative posters on City-Data!

Can't get on with life during a pandemic. If people would elect to get vaccinated, the pandemic would be over a lot more quickly.
Covid is never going away. The only thing we should worry about is ensuring hospitals are not overwhelmed. That is it. If you are vaccinated you should be fine assuming it works. Your body your choice. My body my choice.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:51 AM

42,087 posts, read 75,575,442 times
Quote:
Covid is never going away. The only thing we should worry about is ensuring hospitals are not overwhelmed. That is it. If you are vaccinated you should be fine assuming it works. Your body your choice. My body my choice.
You may not care about people who cannot get a vaccine, but I do.

Your "choice" affects them and everyone around you.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:

You can still catch and spread covid even if vaccinated. Your vaccine is supposed to lessen your symptoms if you do catch it. Don’t pretend that you care more about people just because you got your vaccine. It’s a false assumption.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:02 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,909 posts, read 2,083,372 times
Quote:

Good for you...

Old 07-27-2021, 08:25 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,031,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
"Mass house arrest", ok. get a grip. Speaking of the "dumb canard again"....
Yes, what many people in other countries were subjected to was essentially mass house arrest. Sorry it's upsetting to you when people describe things as they are, instead of using Newspeak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies