Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 07:35 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,314,125 times

Advertisements

I rarely eat at fast food burger places. Gross. My husband has Parkinson's and fell and broke his leg 4 months ago. Now uses a walker.

Want to know how difficult and time consuming it is for him to get out of the car, open a door, and walk into a restaurant? FAST food?

He is vaccinated but I am not. Ok, HE can (???) come inside, but YOU can't? Go to the drive window and eat in parking lot. Too much trouble to even bother eating inside.

Edit: I can grill a much better burger than any of these places.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:42 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,655,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I rarely eat at fast food burger places. Gross. My husband has Parkinson's and fell and broke his leg 4 months ago. Now uses a walker.

Want to know how difficult and time consuming it is for him to get out of the car, open a door, and walk into a restaurant? FAST food?

He is vaccinated but I am not. Ok, HE can (???) come inside, but YOU can't? Go to the drive window and eat in parking lot. Too much trouble to even bother eating inside.

Edit: I can grill a much better burger than any of these places.
Read the link--you can all go inside Shake Shack. OP is selling fear.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:48 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
You can’t go into any of these restaurants though. https://www.ushgnyc.com/restaurants/

Old 07-31-2021, 07:51 AM

7,911 posts, read 3,456,890 times
Quote:
I flat out reject the notion that anyone would be afraid of not being allowed in to a Shake Shack.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You can’t go into any of these restaurants though. https://www.ushgnyc.com/restaurants/
But that's not the subject here is it? OP has loudly claimed in the subject line it is SHAKE SHACK that is requiring vaccine proof. Totally false.

Are you so partisan on the OP's side that you cannot admit his/her post is, right now, a lie?

Shake Shack is the only nationally known restaurant of the group and would stoke the most outrage with FAKE NEWS. Even the article linked didn't use Shake Shack in the title. Article clearly states it does not apply to Shake Shack.

If we want to discuss the requirements of the other restaurants under this corporation, maybe OP should change the title or put up another thread that is factual.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I flat out reject the notion that anyone would be afraid of not being allowed in to a Shake Shack.
And you know what I meant--selling fear and "oh noes" to the "freedom" crowd that is now outraged that they can't go and get their burger. Clutching at pearls for no reason, because no such requirement exists.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
But that's not the subject here is it? OP has loudly claimed in the subject line it is SHAKE SHACK that is requiring vaccine proof. Totally false.

Are you so partisan on the OP's side that you cannot admit his/her post is, right now, a lie?

Shake Shack is the only nationally known restaurant of the group and would stoke the most outrage with FAKE NEWS. Even the article linked didn't use Shake Shack in the title. Article clearly states it does not apply to Shake Shack.

If we want to discuss the requirements of the other restaurants under this corporation, maybe OP should change the title or put up another thread that is factual.
Shake shack owns this restaurant group. I think you’re focusing on the wrong thing, personally. I can go to shake shack if I want to but absolutely won’t support them considering this policy for their restaurant group.

Old 07-31-2021, 07:59 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
They won't have a problem with getting diners at upscale restaurants. That demographic jumped the lines when the vaccines became available. The low-income people are down around 15% for vaccination rate. But they have internet accounts so they can make a lot of noise about people shouldn't get vaccines or ban the unvaccinated. Maybe, their next crusade is to come down on restaurants that don't serve people without shoes or shirts. Not complying with safety guidance is bad for business.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,988 times
Quote:
And you know what I meant--selling fear and "oh noes" to the "freedom" crowd that is now outraged that they can't go and get their burger. Clutching at pearls for no reason, because no such requirement exists.
Ok, so Shake Shack is safe for the 'unvaccinated.' I stand corrected.

Meanwhile, people have to quit their jobs, are barred from hundreds of universities, and many businesses because they have chosen not to get vaccinated. It's worse in Europe. So this isn't about the 'freedom crowd' whatever that is, or pearl clutching. These are very real issues for people, including members of my family.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,578 times
Quote:
Did you even read your link? From your link:

However, the policy will not be extended to Shake Shack, a hamburger fast-food restaurant that has a number of locations in the northeastern United States.

The policy will be implemented at the Union Square Hospitality Group, which oversees Gramercy Tavern, Manhattan, and Union Square Cafe. The group operates Anchovy Social in Washington, as well.

I guess scaring people to further an agenda works better than making a thread based on facts. That's the anti-vaxx MO. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies