Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:37 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,823 times

Advertisements

When the grocery corporate world is panic hoarding because of the Biden induced super inflation cycle about to hit, you know things are about to get bad.

Grocery stores are stockpiling food and other items in anticipation of rising prices

Things are about to get real folks. Elections have consequences and this last one is about to bring massive shortages and Venezuela style inflation.

Remember, 385 trillion people voted for this.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 05:41 PM

43,151 posts, read 18,306,779 times
Most got rid of their "back room stock" when they went to JIT.

That's one reason you see empty shelves for days on end. They don't have anything in that backroom anymore.

And we all saw how easy it goes from JIT (Just in Time) to NIT (Not in time) with toilet paper.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:43 PM

45,239 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Its not if, its when.
Anyone who thinks the federal reserve (or the fed govt) has the ability or any idea how to throttle inflation to an certain level, is a graduate of a govt accredited education center.

And what is inflation, but theft? Unapologetically they come right out and say their target is to steal 2% of your money and "the people" just nod their heads.
We are living in a cartoon land.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:47 PM

Government says inflation is up .6%....that is 6/10 of 1%....maybe a penny or two at the most.
https://www.bls.gov/cpi/

Does anyone truly believe that ??

Shadowstats, using the 1980 government algorithm, shows 12% inflation.
Alternate Inflation Charts

From what I see in my weekly food shopping I'm going to go with shadowstats and act accordingly.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:48 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
When the grocery corporate world is panic hoarding because of the Biden induced super inflation cycle about to hit, you know things are about to get bad.

Grocery stores are stockpiling food and other items in anticipation of rising prices

Things are about to get real folks. Elections have consequences and this last one is about to bring massive shortages and Venezuela style inflation.

Remember, 385 trillion people voted for this.

Enjoy!
When you have to pay higher prices at the pump for Biden priced fuel, you have less $$$ to pay for high priced Biden food.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:48 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
I've seen shortages of the weirdest most random items after the T-paper crisis. One month it was boneless chicken thighs. Not a single store in the city had them for a month. Then it was peanuts in the shell. It was like no one had ever heard of them. Last week it was Coleman 1lb propane cylinders. 3 Walmarts said they hadn't seen them in over a month. A few calls to sporting goods stores confirmed this. It's really strange and unpredictable.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Stagflation.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-08-2021, 05:53 PM

25,787 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Government says inflation is up .6%....that is 6/10 of 1%....maybe a penny or two at the most.
https://www.bls.gov/cpi/

Does anyone truly believe that ??
Nope. Every single statistic reported by the government, media, medical establishment, financial establishment, etc, is cooked. ALL the books are cooked. And people are dumb enough to go with it.

Quote:
Shadowstats, using the 1980 government algorithm, shows 12% inflation.
Alternate Inflation Charts

From what I see in my weekly food shopping I'm going to go with shadowstats and act accordingly.
Yep. The grocery stores of last March, April, and May were just a minor prelude to what is coming. The left has nearly attained their wet dream... a completely collapsed economy and society.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:54 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Most got rid of their "back room stock" when they went to JIT.

That's one reason you see empty shelves for days on end. They don't have anything in that backroom anymore.

And we all saw how easy it goes from JIT (Just in Time) to NIT (Not in time) with toilet paper.
This is true, but it didnt just start, and we dont call it JIT(at least not at my company).

My company started a program to remove stockroom(or rather merchandise in them) in 2012.

Our backstock compliance is 8%, but they would actually like us to fail that metric and have all items on the sales floor.

Old 07-08-2021, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I've seen shortages of the weirdest most random items after the T-paper crisis. One month it was boneless chicken thighs. Not a single store in the city had them for a month. Then it was peanuts in the shell. It was like no one had ever heard of them. Last week it was Coleman 1lb propane cylinders. 3 Walmarts said they hadn't seen them in over a month. A few calls to sporting goods stores confirmed this. It's really strange and unpredictable.
For me it was one week of no potatoes anywhere in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies