Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 04:58 AM

30,544 posts, read 21,440,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
When you have to pay higher prices at the pump for Biden priced fuel, you have less $$$ to pay for high priced Biden food.
That is why i got a EV magee. I sure don't miss buying gas las. He is gonna get us in a world wide nuke war anyways so the stores won't be selling much food when the end comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 05:06 AM

33,598 posts, read 18,237,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
And in a paper bag that keeps any light out.
Well the fridge is closed most of the time and then the light is out. It works especially in the heat of Florida.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I believe that the hacking is an inside job.
I don't discount anyone . I too had that cross my mind. Oil and meat industry , two on Biden's hate list. Actually Obama's list.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:12 AM

The more money one has to put in the fuel tank the less buying power everyone has so it will definitely hurt the economy. That meal out will be cancelled or the shopping trips will be off the radar as well.

Biden is also saturating the economy with debt money to keep the economy going but in the long run we will feel the pinch with everything costing more. It all had to be trucked and trucking costs will be one third more money in a very short time with gas going up and up.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:17 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,273,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Well the fridge is closed most of the time and then the light is out. It works especially in the heat of Florida.
Oh yeah, duh! Ah well, the paper bag didn't cost me anything.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:26 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,075,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
When the grocery corporate world is panic hoarding because of the Biden induced super inflation cycle about to hit, you know things are about to get bad.

Grocery stores are stockpiling food and other items in anticipation of rising prices

Things are about to get real folks. Elections have consequences and this last one is about to bring massive shortages and Venezuela style inflation.

Remember, 385 trillion people voted for this.

Enjoy!
Thank you Democrats for nothing..thank you for destroying our country, the only blessing is you have to live with this nightmare you created.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Oh yeah, duh! Ah well, the paper bag didn't cost me anything.
you are making me laugh!!

Old 07-09-2021, 06:36 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,265,529 times
The bright side is that if things get so bad here, maybe even illegals will not want to come here. You’ll actually have Americans wanting to go to Mexico to live (cheaper).

The irony is that Mexico (and other Latin American countries) won’t let you immigrate there that easily. Sure, they’ll let you visit but to actually immigrate there and be a resident, they won’t allow just anybody, like we do for them.

Old 07-09-2021, 06:56 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,087,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then why are lumber prices going down instead of UP?
Well, here in the Pacific Northwest, lumber isn’t going down at all… At both my local Home Depot and Lowe’s, lumber, of all cuts and types went up again this week. Causing me hold up on a home improvement project till next year. Heck, even the prices on the “made-made” lumber products are going up as well.

Inflation is real and a large part of it is being driven up by the cost of fuel, both in the production and transportation of goods. I don’t think we will hit the levels like in the late 1970s and early 1980s, but it’s going to be felt by many within the Working Middle-Class.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter how we got here, what matters is that Biden is now the POTUS and he owns it. Plus, Killing the Keystone Pipeline was very foolish… Especially, after Biden blessed off on the Russian/German pipeline…. Putting more skilled Russians to work, while more and more Skilled American workers are now unemployed.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:25 AM

11,522 posts, read 14,696,226 times
We eat healthy, mostly vegies, fruits, grains, fish and chicken. Always been a frugal shopper. Our prices at local stores have always been sky high. Just another day.

Silver lining, maybe people will become healthier, not buying high priced junk foods, unhealthy snacks, too much sugar, heavy amounts of beef/pork, sugary beverages like soda, packaged foods, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies