Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 07:44 PM

8,314 posts, read 3,543,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I've seen shortages of the weirdest most random items after the T-paper crisis. One month it was boneless chicken thighs. Not a single store in the city had them for a month. Then it was peanuts in the shell. It was like no one had ever heard of them. Last week it was Coleman 1lb propane cylinders. 3 Walmarts said they hadn't seen them in over a month. A few calls to sporting goods stores confirmed this. It's really strange and unpredictable.
Stores here were out of grape soda for over a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 07:49 PM

15,949 posts, read 12,334,451 times
Everyone cheerleading the neverending QE and handouts. Rob from the working class to give to the parasites (top and bottom)

Old 07-08-2021, 08:03 PM

8,423 posts, read 4,598,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Stores here were out of grape soda for over a year.

more related to the TP thing was the great ground beef hoarding of 2020. It was taco night and I ran to the store to get some hamburger. A I got to that section and a lady had a cart filled with 25 packages of ground beef. even the nasty "tubed meat". I asked her politely If she could spare a lb. The look I got!

Ever have tacos with retried beans instead of meat? Bleh.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,932,689 times
The sky is falling!!!

What a bunch of paranoid partisan hacks.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:09 PM

Let's see it takes over a year for monetary policy to drive inflation and Trump was complaining about the last stimulus not being enough. Only Mitch temporarily stopped the extra $1400 temporarily.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:13 PM

4,938 posts, read 2,084,940 times
I’m pretty sure that major supermarkets are stocking up on food items now at TODAY’S prices since without doubt, we’re going to see major price increases on food items… Even on basic food items.

Plus, canned and dry food items have a long shelf life, so it’s a good business move to stay ahead of any price increases and/or possible food shortages.

Last week, I bought over twenty cans of vegetables and fruit since anybody watching the economy knows that inflation is already here and will only get a lot worse in the coming months. “I” bought canned goods since their prices have been going up since April. Also, when I see other canned good on sale, I’ll stock up.

Even for the most “head in the sand” person, the signs of inflation are everywhere… Heck, I watch the markets every single day so when the U.S. economy goes into a decline that looks like it will last more than a year, I’ll be pulling my money out of the stock markets and sheltering these funds in safe/safer areas.

I’m not a person with a toilet paper fort or tons of food items stockpiled in the garage, but I believe in having a full pantry of canned and dry goods, with enough water on hand to ride out whatever happens for at least a month.

IMHO, this isn’t a Left verse Right issue, it’s a being prepared issue and at the end of the day, you are responsible for yourself and family.

People have already forgotten about the food panic back in March/April of 2020.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Everyone cheerleading the neverending QE and handouts. Rob from the working class to give to the parasites (top and bottom)
If you can't beat them join them. Put 10 percent in your 401K

Old 07-08-2021, 08:22 PM

Inflation will be in the single digits. Not worth stocking over.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,704,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
When the grocery corporate world is panic hoarding because of the Biden induced super inflation cycle about to hit, you know things are about to get bad.

Grocery stores are stockpiling food and other items in anticipation of rising prices

Things are about to get real folks. Elections have consequences and this last one is about to bring massive shortages and Venezuela style inflation.

Remember, 385 trillion people voted for this.

Enjoy!
So how did Biden induce a super inflation cycle when Trump started it by sending out check with his name on them?

What's the nonsense behind, "Remember, 385 trillion people voted for this", which didn't help your post at all.

Old 07-08-2021, 08:28 PM

33,595 posts, read 18,231,520 times
I went out and bought 100 cans of dog food.. One thing I don't want a shortage of . My dog has to eat too and she is spoiled and only eats a certain kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies