Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 09:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,953,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I bet if I check your posts you were not banging down the wall asking for limited spending when Covid shut down the economy.

Funny how you give a pass to all the Democrat politicians screaming that we needed to spend even more money than we did during Covid.

But then again I totally get why you are so hypocritical. It's all politics to you. Politics over lives. That's the Democrat motto.

BTW - It's Stephan, not Stephen.
I'm not a Democrat. I'm a never Trumper. Y'all nominate Trump again Democrats win again.

So how many Presidents have ran greater deficits than all the ones before them?

I'm not you. I'm not a partisan hack. I supported Rand Paul in 2016. If he'd won we'd be in a lot better shape now.

So is Obama the only President to run the debt up greater than all other Presidents combined, Stevie?

Don't you want a principled fiscal conservative getting the Republican nomination in 2024?

Sorry if I'm not genuflecting by Trump's golden statue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 07:33 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,781,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'm not a Democrat. I'm a never Trumper. Y'all nominate Trump again Democrats win again.

So how many Presidents have ran greater deficits than all the ones before them?

I'm not you. I'm not a partisan hack. I supported Rand Paul in 2016. If he'd won we'd be in a lot better shape now.

So is Obama the only President to run the debt up greater than all other Presidents combined, Stevie?

Don't you want a principled fiscal conservative getting the Republican nomination in 2024?

Sorry if I'm not genuflecting by Trump's golden statue.
I voted for Obama the first time. Certainly not Obama the second time.

I did not vote for Trump in 2016, nor did I vote for Hilary. I tend to vote libertarian or other most of the time.

I was a never Trumper AND a never Hilaryer.

You keep mentioning presidents adding more to the debt than the president before them. That's NOT what Obama did. Obama added more to the debt than ALL PRESIDENTS DID COMBINED before him. Not just more than every individual president did before him, but more than ADDING TOGETHER THE TOTAL of what every president did before him.

So yes, Obama is the only president to run up more debt than the COMBINED TOTAL of all presidents before him.

Do you get that now? The COMBINED TOTAL OF ALL PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM, not just the ONE before him.!

Last edited by Stephan A Smith; 07-11-2021 at 07:42 AM..

Old 07-11-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I voted for Obama the first time. Certainly not Obama the second time.

I did not vote for Trump in 2016, nor did I vote for Hilary. I tend to vote libertarian or other most of the time.

I was a never Trumper AND a never Hilaryer.

You keep mentioning presidents adding more to the debt than the president before them. That's NOT what Obama did. Obama added more to the debt than ALL PRESIDENTS DID COMBINED before him. Not just more than every individual president did before him, but more than ADDING TOGETHER THE TOTAL of what every president did before him.

So yes, Obama is the only president to run up more debt than the COMBINED TOTAL of all presidents before him.

Do you get that now? The COMBINED TOTAL OF ALL PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM, not just the ONE before him.!
Once again. There's several other Presidents who have done that.

Tyler, Polk, Lincoln, Wilson, FDR and Reagan along with Obama.

Please, try to educate yourself.

Look at the rise in the debt from 1860 to 1865 just for starters.

Maybe you won't look ignorant next time.

The national debt went up approximately 4000% during Lincoln's time in office.

That's not the annual debt. That's a 4000% rise of the existing national debt as of 1860.

Obama was the seventh President to more than double the national debt, not the annual deficit.

Simply google national debt since 1790. Tired of debating your totally absurd statement. Then you can come back and apologize for being duped by Fox News or whatever stupid source you got your false information from.

Always check multiple sources before sounding off. Or go straight to the statistics. If you can do math you can go to the national debt chart and figure it out.

Last edited by whogo; 07-11-2021 at 12:28 PM..

Old 07-11-2021, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Once again. There's several other Presidents who have done that.

Tyler, Polk, Lincoln, Wilson, FDR and Reagan along with Obama.

Please, try to educate yourself.

Look at the rise in the debt from 1860 to 1865 just for starters.

Maybe you won't look ignorant next time.

The national debt went up approximately 4000% during Lincoln's time in office.

That's not the annual debt. That's a 4000% rise of the existing national debt as of 1860.

Obama was the seventh President to more than double the national debt, not the annual deficit.

Simply google national debt since 1790. Tired of debating your totally absurd statement. Then you can come back and apologize for being duped by Fox News or whatever stupid source you got your false information from.

Always check multiple sources before sounding off. Or go straight to the statistics. If you can do math you can go to the national debt chart and figure it out.
Again, you are missing the point and I think you are now doing it on purpose.

We are talking debt dollar amount, not deficit and not percentages.

Show me any stat where any president other than Obama added more to the national debt in dollars than the COMBINED TOTAL OF ALL PRESIDENTS IN THE HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY ADDED UP TOGETHER.

It never happened until Obama. Most all presidents add more to the debt than their predecessor, but not more than ALL OF THEM COMBINED TOGETHER.

It's not one president Obama beat, it's all of them COMBINED from the start of our country until Bush. Let that sink in.

Pretend you don't understand the difference between "one" and "all combined" if it makes you feel better.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,254,129 times
Quote:
We ran a 3.1 trillion dollar deficit and increased M2 by approximately 26% in Trump's last year in office and now people blaming all the inflation on Biden.
M2 includes liquifiable assets which are not the same thing as cash.

People blame Joe Hiden because they're ignorant of all things-Economic.

Gasoline prices normally rise at the start of Summer because the majority of States switch to reformulated gasoline (many States like Kentucky use reformulated year-round.)

You cannot mix reformulated gasoline with non-reformulated gasoline, so tanks on the tank farms that supply your region with gasoline have to be drained before taking a shipment of reformulated gasoline.

That creates a temporary shortage of gasoline that results in a temporary price spike, so it's stupid to blame any President for that.

It's also stupid to blame any President for a decrease in Demand for oil, which results in oil wells being shut down, and then when Demand increases, the Text Message Crowd thinks it's just a mouse-click to restart the oil wells.

The rise in Demand is against a slowly rising Supply, but that's short-term not long-term.

That just shows you how ignorant people are.

Quote:
The Chinese have certainly figured out they just have to send a few sick people over and let the anti mask anti vax morons spread death and economic despair.
Cina did not benefit, so why would they do it again?

Paranoia will destroy ya....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
But you CAN explain where the inflation comes from...
Yes, it's Supply & Demand issues.

One day you'll figure that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
From your own link..it doesn't turn into salt water after 6 months as you posted earlier.

"The shelf life of bleach is approximately six months, but proper storage can help it last a full year before its effectiveness begins to drop by 20 percent yearly."
But eventually it does. After all, it is Chlorine mixed with Sodium Hydroxide to create Sodium Hypochlorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Had nothing to do with the availabilty of cremation/funeral service.
At that point, nobody was able, as Mircea indicated, to "pay whatever they would" to have burials/funerals.
They couldn't get them in the morgues.
All States by law require hospital deaths to undergo autopsy.

That's classic Supply & Demand.

The Demand for autopsies far exceed the available Supply, which is morgue space, and the coroners needed to perform the autopsies, and the lab space and materials needed to conduct the tests that autopsies require.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
That's really funny.

Yeah, all that happened.....in India.
Show me any proof of it being a problem in the USA
The average funeral products, like caskets and coffins, are at least 20% to 30% more expensive in 2021 than in 2020. There are also no signs that the rise in prices will slow down; In fact, these days many funeral homes and funeral casket companies experience shortage in the funeral products, there are signs that, if anything, the price for an average funeral will go up further.

Prices had already risen 40%-50% in 2020.

The bottom line is you can't make caskets, coffins, and vaults fast enough and there was a global shortage of granite to make headstones and markers.

The price of cremations was already rising and it had been rising steadily over the last several years.

A couple of things driving that is people are less religious and have fewer religious ties, so cremation is viewed as being "okay" now, and then the cost of funerals had also been rising, in fact 100% over a 10 year period, so averaging 10% per year.

Many are opting for cremation plus a headstone on a non-burial plot (less expensive than a burial plot) to reduce the cost of funerals.

Quote:
Doesn't matter since you don't understand Economics.

Old 07-11-2021, 04:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,254,129 times
Quote:
No, it's this guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNNBaT3O_bY

Old 07-11-2021, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
M2 includes liquifiable assets which are not the same thing as cash.

People blame Joe Hiden because they're ignorant of all things-Economic.

Gasoline prices normally rise at the start of Summer because the majority of States switch to reformulated gasoline (many States like Kentucky use reformulated year-round.)

You cannot mix reformulated gasoline with non-reformulated gasoline, so tanks on the tank farms that supply your region with gasoline have to be drained before taking a shipment of reformulated gasoline.

That creates a temporary shortage of gasoline that results in a temporary price spike, so it's stupid to blame any President for that.

It's also stupid to blame any President for a decrease in Demand for oil, which results in oil wells being shut down, and then when Demand increases, the Text Message Crowd thinks it's just a mouse-click to restart the oil wells.

The rise in Demand is against a slowly rising Supply, but that's short-term not long-term.

That just shows you how ignorant people are.

Cina did not benefit, so why would they do it again?

Paranoia will destroy ya....

Yes, it's Supply & Demand issues.

One day you'll figure that out.

But eventually it does. After all, it is Chlorine mixed with Sodium Hydroxide to create Sodium Hypochlorite.

All States by law require hospital deaths to undergo autopsy.

That's classic Supply & Demand.

The Demand for autopsies far exceed the available Supply, which is morgue space, and the coroners needed to perform the autopsies, and the lab space and materials needed to conduct the tests that autopsies require.

The average funeral products, like caskets and coffins, are at least 20% to 30% more expensive in 2021 than in 2020. There are also no signs that the rise in prices will slow down; In fact, these days many funeral homes and funeral casket companies experience shortage in the funeral products, there are signs that, if anything, the price for an average funeral will go up further.

Prices had already risen 40%-50% in 2020.

The bottom line is you can't make caskets, coffins, and vaults fast enough and there was a global shortage of granite to make headstones and markers.

The price of cremations was already rising and it had been rising steadily over the last several years.

A couple of things driving that is people are less religious and have fewer religious ties, so cremation is viewed as being "okay" now, and then the cost of funerals had also been rising, in fact 100% over a 10 year period, so averaging 10% per year.

Many are opting for cremation plus a headstone on a non-burial plot (less expensive than a burial plot) to reduce the cost of funerals.

Doesn't matter since you don't understand Economics.
I was being facetious with the China comment. Yes, it wasn't intentional whether the source was the lab or not. But whether intentional or not it certainly could have been handled better.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I was being facetious with the China comment. Yes, it wasn't intentional whether the source was the lab or not. But whether intentional or not it certainly could have been handled better.
It would have been a big help if the World Health Organization didn't lie and cover up for its main influencer, China.

That would have been a good start.

Old 07-11-2021, 07:57 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,165,167 times
Default Grocery stores are stockpiling food and cleaning supplies - Concerned over looming disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Nope. Every single statistic reported by the government, media, medical establishment, financial establishment, etc, is cooked. ALL the books are cooked. And people are dumb enough to go with it.

Yep. The grocery stores of last March, April, and May were just a minor prelude to what is coming. The left has nearly attained their wet dream... a completely collapsed economy and society.

Strangely, it was Trump who completely botched the pandemic response that brought on the collapsed economy and society . . .

. . . and made it worse by trying overturn a fair election because the crybaby couldn't handle being rejected by over 81M people.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
It would have been a big help if the World Health Organization didn't lie and cover up for its main influencer, China.

That would have been a good start.
South Korea handled it fine.

It's our job not to depend on the WHO for information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies