Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 05:38 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,738,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It seems possible the pandemic only exists because people were trying to fix problems that didn't exist - I'm not interested in moving forward until there is a definitive answer, and I'm no longer interested in enabling GoF research by accepting vaccines from the industry that might have caused the pandemic in the first place.

I think it's better that people die, if it opens humanities eyes to the dangerous road which are heading down.
You're certainly free to believe in whichever unsubstantiated claim you wish. In the meantime, however, you are endangering the lives of those you come in contact with. You don't have the right to put the lives of other people in danger like that

Old 07-31-2021, 05:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
This story about Shake Shack is a nothing burger.

Old 07-31-2021, 06:01 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
My place of employment reopened recently and also required proof of vax to be inside and unmasked, everyone else had to have a mask but could still come in.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,696,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You're certainly free to believe in whichever unsubstantiated claim you wish. In the meantime, however, you are endangering the lives of those you come in contact with. You don't have the right to put the lives of other people in danger like that
I don't believe in it as such, rather just think that it does seem quite possible that there was a little too much ego and profit involved in finding cures for pandemics that had yet too occur. - and I do think there does seem to be a lack of will of establishing the source of the outbreak, and for that reason, have no interest in getting the jab.

Other people's lives aren't my problem - this is largely a disease of the unhealthy, and they need to take better care of themselves. Those that aren't proactive in taking care of their own health, shouldn't expect everyone else to compromise their values and ethics to save them ..... I have no interest in being part of this cynical eat yourself to bad health/mass inject the whole world nonsense.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:05 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,738,120 times
Quote:
I don't believe in it as such, rather just think that it does seem quite possible that there was a little too much ego and profit involved in finding cures for pandemics that had yet too occur. - and I do think there does seem to be a lack of will of establishing the source of the outbreak, and for that reason, have no interest in getting the jab.

Other people's lives aren't my problem - this is largely a disease of the unhealthy, and they need to take better care of themselves. Those that aren't proactive in taking care of their own health, shouldn't expect everyone else to compromise their values and ethics to save them ..... I have no interest in being part of this cynical eat yourself to bad health/mass inject the whole world nonsense.
Other people's lives most certainly are your problem. None of us live in a vacuum. We are all part of a larger society.

Your response is one I would expect from someone who does not understand that poor dietary choices and lack of exercise are not always the root cause of sickness and disease. And neither of those are the cause of COVID. I'm not sure where you're getting your information but to hold an opinion like that is nothing more than willful ignorance. I'm not going to spend any more time trying to get through to you but you should educate yourself on disease vectors and genetics. But I know you won't so that's where I'll leave you, to your ignorance.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:12 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:

Other people's lives aren't my problem - this is largely a disease of the unhealthy,
and they need to take better care of themselves. Those that aren't proactive in taking care of their own health, shouldn't expect everyone else to compromise their values and ethics to save them ..... I have no interest in being part of this cynical eat yourself to bad health/mass inject the whole world nonsense.
The bolded is just not true.

Of the 8 people I know who got Covid only 2 of them were unhealthy.......1 very and 1 moderately.

The other 6 were on the extreme end of healthy. Healthy diets, exercise and even jobs that require them to have a healthy BMI.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:13 PM

24,651 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Good for Shake Shack. Other businesses will follow suit. I 100% support this.
Yes, God forbid the unvaccinated can’t get their daily dose of obesity and clogged arteries from burgers and fries.

What a tragedy. Won’t someone think of the kids?

Old 07-31-2021, 10:15 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,923,440 times
There business their rules

Old 07-31-2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The bolded is just not true.

Of the 8 people I know who got Covid only 2 of them were unhealthy.......1 very and 1 moderately.

The other 6 were on the extreme end of healthy. Healthy diets, exercise and even jobs that require them to have a healthy BMI.
Logically, I'm not talking about contracting it, but about those who die from it - unless you are trying to say that based on your examples, health authorities the world over are lying about it being related to other health factors? .... sounds a little conspiratorial.

Old 07-31-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Other people's lives most certainly are your problem. None of us live in a vacuum. We are all part of a larger society.

Your response is one I would expect from someone who does not understand that poor dietary choices and lack of exercise are not always the root cause of sickness and disease. And neither of those are the cause of COVID. I'm not sure where you're getting your information but to hold an opinion like that is nothing more than willful ignorance. I'm not going to spend any more time trying to get through to you but you should educate yourself on disease vectors and genetics. But I know you won't so that's where I'll leave you, to your ignorance.
Sounds like you are trying to argue that this doesn't mostly kill those who have risk factors largely related to lifestyle choices ..... ookkkaaaay.

True about not living in a vacuum - those who prematurely sicken themselves through poor choices, impact us all.

Last edited by Joe90; 07-31-2021 at 10:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies