Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 02:00 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
What are your thoughts on the origin of this virus?
Don't know, don't care. The only thing I'm concerned about is ending it as quickly as possible. We can assign blame and take the appropriate action when we've got a handle on it. Right now all efforts should be focused on eradicating the virus.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:01 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,035,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymar View Post
Yup the stuff in this so called "vaccine" is complete garbage and not good!!!!!

Im so sorry about your friends,I will pray now!!
Thank you. They are people I work with. Two women and a man, all in their 50's. One woman is a Cuban American, the other is a Jamaican American and the guy is a White American. The women seemed to be ok, but the man doesn't look good at all.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:07 PM

1,226 posts, read 632,930 times
We should just avoid every establishment that requires proof of vaccine. I have proof but it’s none of their business.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:11 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Don't know, don't care. The only thing I'm concerned about is ending it as quickly as possible. We can assign blame and take the appropriate action when we've got a handle on it. Right now all efforts should be focused on eradicating the virus.
It seems possible the pandemic only exists because people were trying to fix problems that didn't exist - I'm not interested in moving forward until there is a definitive answer, and I'm no longer interested in enabling GoF research by accepting vaccines from the industry that might have caused the pandemic in the first place.

I think it's better that people die, if it opens humanities eyes to the dangerous road which are heading down.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:23 PM

18,464 posts, read 15,242,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Policy is limited to NYC and DC and will NOT extend to Shake Shack. Specifically, it will impact 3 higher end restaurants in NYC and one in DC.

Shake Sack does too much volume to make screening for vaccine practical.
I have never eaten in the one in DC, but I have eaten at Gramercy Tavern and Union Square Cafe many times. They are iconic, and the food is amazing. And anyone who likes burgers but doesn't like Shake Shack burgers has a screw loose, in my opinion.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:24 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
We should just avoid every establishment that requires proof of vaccine. I have proof but it’s none of their business.

You can't boycott a business that doesn't allow the unvaxxed to come in -- they are boycotting you!

Old 07-31-2021, 03:35 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Quote:
What if we are making things worse with the vaccines?

What if the virus can't be eradicated?

Now what?

Old 07-31-2021, 04:08 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,643 times
Quote:
Well, trying to stop a deadly virus requires extreme measures. That virus doesn't care who you are, what your economic status is, or what your spiritual beliefs are. If you get it there's a high probability that you'll die from it. At the very least, even if you survive, long term health problems will follow you for the rest of your life.

Masks and the vaccines are the best chance we have to stop this. We all have a responsibility to ensure we're doing everything possible to minimize the infection rate. It's not all about you and your wants. Our personal freedoms are irrelevant to this virus. If you aren't getting the vaccine and wearing a mask while out in public then you're putting others at risk and are only helping it spread. You want these restrictions to end? Get the vaccine and wear a mask.
Who's we? What am I spreading? My PTSD? My depression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Number two, I don't care if Elmer Fudd is the president; it has nothing to do with Biden. After all, this is Trump's Vaccine, no? It boils down to me refusing to be a guinea pig with genetic-altering drugs that have ZERO track record, have never been used, and have their manufacturers giving everyone who takes the vax the middle finger by FIRMLY declaring that they are not responsible in the event of long-term side effects or deaths from the vaccine, etc. Neither would I buy a car from a manufacturer who would not cover it if the engine fell out as I drove it off the lot. I'm not that stupid.
Someone recently called me a Trumpie for this on a subreddit even though I voted against him both times and have never liked that man.
You could have Dr. House advocating for this vaccine with his whole freakin staff and I still wouldn't take it.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:08 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,368,595 times
Good for Shake Shack. Other businesses will follow suit. I 100% support this.

Old 07-31-2021, 04:13 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Show me your papers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHeBXrMFQc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies