Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 11:50 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The vaccine doesn’t stop you from catching, spreading, or drying from the virus

Everyone on the planet could be vaccinated and people would still be dying from it.
It doesn't stop you from spreading it, you are right about that. But it does pretty much prevent you from getting seriously ill or dying from it.

But I'm vaccinated so I can come and go where I please. You can sit outside these venues and whine while the rest of us go in and enjoy a meal.

Just remember this was your choice.

Old 07-31-2021, 11:59 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
anti-vaxxers see this Covid shot problem as a way of defeating Biden's agenda. He'll get nothing accomplished with Covid concerns on the front burner.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:44 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I have a feeling that this fanaticism to get everyone vaccinated is going to get ugly and violent real fast!

https://www.theepochtimes.com/major-...=BonginoReport
Policy is limited to NYC and DC and will NOT extend to Shake Shack. Specifically, it will impact 3 higher end restaurants in NYC and one in DC.

Shake Sack does too much volume to make screening for vaccine practical.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
They have the worse food I have ever tasted!
I suspect you have never dined in any of the 3 NYC and 1 DC restaurants this private business policy applies to.

Had you read the OP’s link, you would see it does NOT apply to Shake Shack.

Sorry to hear you find this to be the worst food you have ever tasted. Millions in the US and around the world seem to disagree.

Old 07-31-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
this won't last long, either they will go out of business or become drive thru only. heck i've had my shot and i wouldn't deal with this aggravation. They are not In and Out. where i don't mind waiting for my burger.
Policy does not apply to SS.

It’s limited to 3 pricey NYC and 1 DC restaurants that are far removed from the mass market SS experience.

It’s not practical for high volume restaurants/ retailers to pay a 16 year old to check proof of vaccine at entrances.

Old 07-31-2021, 01:11 PM

10,441 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
That's alright, he can have all the inoculated ones that are contagious.
Yep, pretty much this. The vaccine has shown 0 proof that it is effective. I know 3 people now who are in the hospital due to complications coming from the vaccine. It all started a month after they got it and they are getting a weird rash around the groin area and infections of the kidneys, liver and bladder.

Old 07-31-2021, 01:16 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,658,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Well, trying to stop a deadly virus requires extreme measures. That virus doesn't care who you are, what your economic status is, or what your spiritual beliefs are. If you get it there's a high probability that you'll die from it. At the very least, even if you survive, long term health problems will follow you for the rest of your life.

Masks and the vaccines are the best chance we have to stop this. We all have a responsibility to ensure we're doing everything possible to minimize the infection rate. It's not all about you and your wants. Our personal freedoms are irrelevant to this virus. If you aren't getting the vaccine and wearing a mask while out in public then you're putting others at risk and are only helping it spread. You want these restrictions to end? Get the vaccine and wear a mask.
What are your thoughts on the origin of this virus?

Old 07-31-2021, 01:19 PM

25,696 posts, read 18,777,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I'm sure they're devastated.
I don't care if they are devastated. I'm sure you don't care who is devastated when you offer your opinion, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
anti-vaxxers see this Covid shot problem as a way of defeating Biden's agenda. He'll get nothing accomplished with Covid concerns on the front burner.
Number one, most people who do not want the covid "vaccine" are not "anti-vaxxers." Number two, I don't care if Elmer Fudd is the president; it has nothing to do with Biden. After all, this is Trump's Vaccine, no? It boils down to me refusing to be a guinea pig with genetic-altering drugs that have ZERO track record, have never been used, and have their manufacturers giving everyone who takes the vax the middle finger by FIRMLY declaring that they are not responsible in the event of long-term side effects or deaths from the vaccine, etc. Neither would I buy a car from a manufacturer who would not cover it if the engine fell out as I drove it off the lot. I'm not that stupid.

Old 07-31-2021, 01:21 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Permit View Post
Hippa protection
Nope, does not apply.

Old 07-31-2021, 01:59 PM

10,441 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't care if they are devastated. I'm sure you don't care who is devastated when you offer your opinion, either.

Number one, most people who do not want the covid "vaccine" are not "anti-vaxxers." Number two, I don't care if Elmer Fudd is the president; it has nothing to do with Biden. After all, this is Trump's Vaccine, no? It boils down to me refusing to be a guinea pig with genetic-altering drugs that have ZERO track record, have never been used, and have their manufacturers giving everyone who takes the vax the middle finger by FIRMLY declaring that they are not responsible in the event of long-term side effects or deaths from the vaccine, etc. Neither would I buy a car from a manufacturer who would not cover it if the engine fell out as I drove it off the lot. I'm not that stupid.
Yes, agree here. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I get my annual tetanus shot every year because I work around animals. I just don't trust this shot in particular because it screams "big pharma and big government", which I am against. And I can differentiate from regular vaccines to big pharma, which prefer to sell us medical treatments for life, whereas a vaccine is good for years, if not a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies