Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:28 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I don't see how. The Republicans are going to suffer a defeat this fall that will make the post Watergate era seem like a picnic. As Tom Davis just said Republicans are like a can of bad dog food. All the social conservative agendas that have been pushed the last 8 years will be rolled back with a vengeance. Wacko gun toting pedophile groups like the Davidians and fundamentalist Mormons will get rolled up. Hopefully to jail, but if they prefer, straight to Hell.

You can wring your hand like an old woman all you want, but its been 15 years since Waco and the problems with the Davidians hasn't popped up again. Looks like a solved problem to me.
What do the Branch Davidians and the fundamentalist Mormons have to do with the Republican party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2008, 03:57 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
I don't see how. The Republicans are going to suffer a defeat this fall that will make the post Watergate era seem like a picnic. As Tom Davis just said Republicans are like a can of bad dog food. All the social conservative agendas that have been pushed the last 8 years will be rolled back with a vengeance. Wacko gun toting pedophile groups like the Davidians and fundamentalist Mormons will get rolled up. Hopefully to jail, but if they prefer, straight to Hell.

You can wring your hand like an old woman all you want, but its been 15 years since Waco and the problems with the Davidians hasn't popped up again. Looks like a solved problem to me.
Your a very simple man if you think Bush & his administration is Conservative. Theyre the same in every meaningful way as any liberal Democrybaby you can name. The funny thing is that the Democrats are pushing candidates that pretty much guarentee a Republican victory. Likely they dont care because McCain is as liberal as Bush if not moreso.

I guess in your tyrannic mind the problem is solved. I see David Koresh as a small problem & our govt as the big one though so to me the problem is not solved. Waco was a symptom not the disease.
The disease is the govt thats no longer "By the people for the people"
These days its by the asshats for the asshats. You being an asshat dont mind it but the people paying your bills do.

Anyway, dont be mistaken into thinking I'm wringing my hands like an old woman. I'm simply voicing my opinion here. Whatevet will be will be, I'll just continue voteing my conscience & pushing for reform. If it happens cool, if it dont at least I tried but it doesn't bother me beyond this keyboard.

I spent a relaxing day today with my kids shooting holes in targets, bowling pins & clay birds, not once did I think of waco, gun control or anything else unpleasant. Now I'm going downstairs to take my brass from the tumbler & load them up again for next week. Hopefully my country wont kill anymore innocent Americans while I'm down there.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Your a very simple man if you think Bush & his administration is Conservative. Theyre the same in every meaningful way as any liberal Democrybaby you can name. The funny thing is that the Democrats are pushing candidates that pretty much guarentee a Republican victory. Likely they dont care because McCain is as liberal as Bush if not moreso.

I guess in your tyrannic mind the problem is solved. I see David Koresh as a small problem & our govt as the big one though so to me the problem is not solved. Waco was a symptom not the disease.
These days its by the asshats for the asshats. You being an asshat dont mind it but the people paying your bills do.

Anyway, dont be mistaken into thinking I'm wringing my hands like an old woman. I'm simply voicing my opinion here. Whatevet will be will be, I'll just continue voteing my conscience & pushing for reform. If it happens cool, if it dont at least I tried but it doesn't bother me beyond this keyboard.

I spent a relaxing day today with my kids shooting holes in targets, bowling pins & clay birds, not once did I think of waco, gun control or anything else unpleasant. Now I'm going downstairs to take my brass from the tumbler & load them up again for next week. Hopefully my country wont kill anymore innocent Americans while I'm down there.
Standing Ovation...Applause! Just beautiful!

Old 05-18-2008, 08:11 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Normally I would agree. In the case of the weavers they did not ID themselves correctly causing confusion. Lets not forget that witnesses claim the atf fired first in this case. All without establishing proper ID. Easy to say surrender when you know for a fact who the hostiles are. Quite another when the hostiles fire first ID second.
Waco. Children are in the building. Many children. A little thought, maybe wait a while give them time to cool down. Instead they went in like it was world war 3. Children died needlessly. Yes The davidians own a measure of blame. But so do the feds. The feds are supposed to be the good guys. Instead in this case they were the thugs. All involved should have been fired from the top down starting with Reno.
They gave them TWO MONTHS to surrender or leave. And they went in with nothing more than tear gas. The Davidians shot their own people and started the fires. It was mass suicide not an assault gone bad.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
How well do you read? I said Republican. And as Rep Davis said they are like a can of bad dog food.

Quote:
Funny I work in the private sector. I don't ever recall a client with single digit IQ though so you couldn't be paying my bills.

Quote:
Wring away.

Quote:
Good I went to Charlton Heston's grave and took his gun from his cold dead hands. LOL

Old 05-19-2008, 07:12 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
They gave them TWO MONTHS to surrender or leave. And they went in with nothing more than tear gas. The Davidians shot their own people and started the fires. It was mass suicide not an assault gone bad.
Then why all the public condemnation from their fellow law enforcement? They dropped the ball big time they admitted it themselves. Face it that was part of the Janet Reno approach. This admin is taking no crap from malcontents or weirdo's... Look I don't support what the Davidians were doing. Nor do I support our fed officiers behaving like thugs. Ruby ridge and Waco they acted like Thugs.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Then why all the public condemnation from their fellow law enforcement? They dropped the ball big time they admitted it themselves. Face it that was part of the Janet Reno approach. This admin is taking no crap from malcontents or weirdo's... Look I don't support what the Davidians were doing. Nor do I support our fed officiers behaving like thugs. Ruby ridge and Waco they acted like Thugs.
The courts in a lawsuit filed by surviving Davidians found no wrongdoing by the feds. To say they could have done a better job is the ultimate in 20/20 hindsight. Regardless of the actions of the federal government, every one of the deaths of both federal agents and Davidians could have been avoided had the Davidians obeyed the law and not violently resisted. That's the bottom line.

If you pull a weapon on a police officer you deserve to die.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:48 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,927 times
Quote:

as Ron Paul calls them in his new book "The Revolution, A Manifesto" Republicrats. There IS NO DIFFERENCE!

Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto: Ron Paul: Books

Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Even when the police officer shoots first or you have done nothing wrong...interesting.

In March 2007, David Lozano was arrested and charged with attempted capital murder after he was in a shootout with Austin police officer Roger Boudreau, who had responded to a domestic disturbance call at a home near Yager Lane. Bail was set at $300,000.

At the time, Boudreau said Lozano fired first.

An expert hired by Deck reported that Boudreau's account appeared to be inconsistent with an audio recording from his patrol car.
The Travis County district attorney's office had another expert examine the recording, and inconsistencies with what prosecutors believed was the sequence of events that night were found.

The district Attorney's Office said charges will be dropped

After about 13 months in jail, Lozano, who was shot three times and lost part of one leg, was released on May 2.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:55 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Good I went to Charlton Heston's grave and took his gun from his cold dead hands. LOL
Ohhh, you are a witty little man arent you.

Glad you spent a beautiful day desecrating graves. I enjoy the company of family & friends more myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies