Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 10:08 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
They revel in debauchery and depravity. They do.
It is generational. They have no concept of proper behavior in public. It’s definitely not just athletes, actors and musicians. It is the entire younger generation, look at how they dress in public. Revealing cloths, pajamas in public, and a general lack of self respect for themselves.

This is why everything in our nation is in decay and decline. This decline is relatively rapid. The world of my youth was so much better. The quality of our leaders (both sides) was much higher. The quality of our culture (music, movies, art and literature) was so much better. Our cities and towns were safer, our neighbors more trustworthy and people were just of a better quality. All this has changed, most of the change since the 1990s. This one Olympian is not to blame for what her generation sees as normal. We are all guilty for just allowing the decay to happen a little at a time for at least the last 20 to 25 years. We all just accepted as the unacceptable was made ok, the envelope was pushed repeatedly until we reached the situation we find ourselves in today. We now accept the ridiculous as part of our normal life.

These young people don’t think about what this kind of behavior looks like on video. Many of them gladly put this kind of behavior on display on tv, the internet or social media. Future employers will see it, their mothers will see it and everyone else in the world will see it. I wonder if this Olympian thought about what her grandmother would think watching that display. I bet she did not.

Old 08-02-2021, 04:44 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I can't possibly imagine why no one is watching this stuff.

Biden's America....makes ya proud!

https://nationalfile.com/video-green...rsectionality/
The decline of values, sportsmanship and class has been going on for a long time.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:20 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It is generational. They have no concept of proper behavior in public. It’s definitely not just athletes, actors and musicians. It is the entire younger generation, look at how they dress in public. Revealing cloths, pajamas in public, and a general lack of self respect for themselves.

This is why everything in our nation is in decay and decline. This decline is relatively rapid. The world of my youth was so much better. The quality of our leaders (both sides) was much higher. The quality of our culture (music, movies, art and literature) was so much better. Our cities and towns were safer, our neighbors more trustworthy and people were just of a better quality. All this has changed, most of the change since the 1990s. This one Olympian is not to blame for what her generation sees as normal. We are all guilty for just allowing the decay to happen a little at a time for at least the last 20 to 25 years. We all just accepted as the unacceptable was made ok, the envelope was pushed repeatedly until we reached the situation we find ourselves in today. We now accept the ridiculous as part of our normal life.

These young people don’t think about what this kind of behavior looks like on video. Many of them gladly put this kind of behavior on display on tv, the internet or social media. Future employers will see it, their mothers will see it and everyone else in the world will see it. I wonder if this Olympian thought about what her grandmother would think watching that display. I bet she did not.
With the proliferation of social media it's only gotten worse as people have become attention seeking whores trying to outdo each other to get their moment of "viral fame".

Old 08-02-2021, 05:27 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
She is a lesbian and also put her arms in an X to represent "intersectionality of oppressed people", in violation of the no protest rule.

Where do all these people come from ? It's like there is a never ending supply.
A bunch of "nobody's" that will fade into obscurity next week trying to extend their 15 minutes.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:31 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
It speaks to a larger issue about society hitting rock bottom where something like that is celebrated.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:44 AM

1,567 posts, read 906,930 times
At the rate we’re going twerking will be an Olympic sport by next year.

Old 08-02-2021, 05:56 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
She’s a weird ole ratchet, that’s for sure.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:11 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post

The scary part is this is getting exported all over the world, particularly Europe, then Asia where everything US pop culture is considered cool and trendy.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:29 AM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
So now you want to police how an olympian celebrates? Lol
I agree. You can't police CLASS. You either have it or you don't.

Old 08-02-2021, 06:38 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Gone are the days of decent behavior. No morals , especially no self respect . Humanism killed decency decades ago and they have no moral compass, no God, no sense of right or wrong. Their conscience is seared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies