Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2021, 01:35 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You can't MAKE anyone "comply", regardless of race, ethnicity, economic status, or employment.

Unfortunately, NO ONE trusts the mainstream media anymore, as they have become a biased propaganda wing for the left. So when they are actually telling the truth this time, no one believes them. It is a case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I personally think it is silly to not get vaccinated, but then again, I'm just a physician following the research from NEJM and JAMA.
And who is to say they are telling the truth on this? For me, eventually, fear of Delta variant got higher than fear of vaccine, but I don't blame people who didn't have that shift. If I were younger, I would not have.

50 is too borderline to me with Delta being so much more contagious, I no longer felt safe with masks and distancing.

There is a part of me that regrets getting vaxxed. We still don't know long term. Everyone is gambling no matter what they choose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 03:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Education and accessibility. Many inner cities, typically heavily populated by black Americans, don't have the amenities that the more affluent white parts of town have. It's highly unlikely they are unvaccinated for ideological or political reasons like the white evangelical Christians are.
Actually, its the opposite, its not inner city black people, its rural black people.

Small towns dont have a CVS, Walgreens or Wal Mart, so the nearest place to get a shot is 20,30,40,50+ miles away.

Old 08-12-2021, 07:48 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
And who is to say they are telling the truth on this? For me, eventually, fear of Delta variant got higher than fear of vaccine, but I don't blame people who didn't have that shift. If I were younger, I would not have.

50 is too borderline to me with Delta being so much more contagious, I no longer felt safe with masks and distancing.

There is a part of me that regrets getting vaxxed. We still don't know long term. Everyone is gambling no matter what they choose.
I feel exactly the same as you. I'm 52 and obese (although, 37 lbs less obese this summer, another 30 to go. ) which puts me right in the demographic to get hit hard. Although when my wife had it a year ago, I did not get it, even though we were in the same house.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:16 AM

1,094 posts, read 884,586 times
How to increase vaccinations:

- No mandates
- Stop the media from showing people getting shots with every virus story
- Stop calling the vaccine "the jab"
- No consequences for not getting the vaccine

Old 08-12-2021, 08:20 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,814,451 times
“Make them comply”

Welcome to North Korea.

Why do so many people hate America and hate freedom?

Old 08-12-2021, 08:33 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,824,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Just go off raw numbers. Whites outnumber blacks in this country by a factor of 5.
In many rural areas, where agriculture actually takes place, Latino's outnumber whites and blacks considerably. While I don't know the actual number the school gives you some idea of the racial make up.

Hispanic (86.4%), African American (7.7%), White (4.5%).

Old 08-12-2021, 08:41 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I’m not blaming minorities
I’m blaming the liberal media for indoctrinating us with fake news that it’s only white republicans and Trump supporters who won’t vaccinate. The majority unvaccinated aren’t Republicans.
Show us the evidence of rate by political party.
I do not recall be asked my party affiliation when I got my jab.
The only thing we can all seem to agree on is that the surges are occurring in red states.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:55 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
The only thing we can all seem to agree on is that the surges are occurring in red states.
And in Israel, Iceland, Gibratler. All highly vaccinated countries.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:58 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Dem 49%
Rep 31%

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...-unvaccinated/
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-12-2021, 08:58 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Actually, its the opposite, its not inner city black people, its rural black people.

Small towns dont have a CVS, Walgreens or Wal Mart, so the nearest place to get a shot is 20,30,40,50+ miles away.
You arent talking about very many towns and definitely not many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies