Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 03:58 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good for the store owner, the shame attempt ended up backfiring.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-chick...200800951.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh-Z5e2lsP0
Good for the store owner.

Those freaks seek out confrontation and have no respect for anyone else's views or rights. They are mentally ill people who seek to spread their anger and make others as miserable as they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 04:01 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
It takes absolutely no effort to respect someone and call them what they ask to be called. The store owner needs to get over himself and grow up a bit or he's in for a long, hard life.
people who can't accept what they are and expect others to play into their delusions are in for long hard lives.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:01 PM

1,866 posts, read 934,968 times
Injecting yourself with hormones and wearing a dress DOES NOT make you a woman.
You're free to live your life as you wish, but don't expect others to bend over backwards to help validate your delusional fantasy.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:02 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,090 times
Quote:
With respect, using the term 'him' when talking to a trans woman is going out of the way to offend the person. It takes no effort to use the correct pronoun. There was a time it was thought being left handed was unnatural. Sooner rather than later considering trans people mentally ill will be as silly as thinking being left handed is 'wrong'.

We can agree to disagree here.
i'm left handed. that means my left hand is my dominant hand. it doesn't mean i used my right hand for everything and expect people to refer to me as left handed.

i think racism sexism and homophobia are wrong. but i also live in reality. if a man wants to wear i dress i couldn't care less. but i'm not going to call them a woman anymore than I'd say Clayton Kershaw is black and right handed.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:06 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
It takes absolutely no effort to respect someone and call them what they ask to be called. The store owner needs to get over himself and grow up a bit or he's in for a long, hard life.
He’s 78.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:12 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
It takes absolutely no effort to respect someone and call them what they ask to be called.
Translation: It takes absolutely no effort to deny the reality standing in front of your face. If the clown standing there wants to be called a sea slug, refer to him as a sea slug whether he is or not.

At one time, such a denial of reality was a torture technique. Deny reality or you'll get another 200 volts into your family jewels.

Quote:
The store owner needs to get over himself and grow up a bit or he's in for a long, hard life.
Translation: the owner needs to deny science and reality. Well... in this matter. In other matters, he must follow the science.

If you believe that having an opinion is so wrong, then why do you have one?

Old 08-07-2021, 05:24 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So then why is anyone even on this thread?
/thread
They’re expressing their opinions… ( like you are), that’s what people do here. The trans expressed his opinion, owner expressed his and the people here are posting ( expressing ) theirs.
People often disagree…… What’s the problem?

Old 08-07-2021, 05:30 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Like I said, you put up a sign that reads if you’re born with a dick you’re not a chick, don’t be surprised if you get a reaction about it. Shrug. End of story.
what % of men (that is, born with a dick) do you think would agree with his sign?

70% (R men, Independent men, 1/4 of Dem men)?

90%?

95%? (% of heterosexual men)

99.7%?

Old 08-07-2021, 05:38 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,168,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
No. I will not enable the mentally ill by legitimizing their delusions. I care about psople more than that.
Oh BS. If you don't want to call someone a man or a woman that's your right. But don't try to claim some altruistic motive for something that simply makes you uncomfortable or that you don't agree with.

Old 08-07-2021, 05:41 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Himself
Hmmm...himself/herself, I'm still confused.

Did we get a final answer on the dick question?

That would really help to clear things up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies