Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 08:36 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Physical attributes has no bearing on a person's intelligence. Are you high?
When did I say it did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Physical attributes has no bearing on a person's intelligence.
Serious question, do you know what genes are? Do you know why you can speak and your dog can't? Are humans more intelligent than dogs? Why? Is it because dogs weren't raised in two-parent homes? Or is it because they have different genes?

Are all dogs equally intelligent? Are some breeds more intelligent than others? Are some more aggressive than others? Are some better with kids than others? Why?

Are some humans more intelligent than others? Is that at least partially caused by genetic differences? If there are genes that correlate strongly with intelligence, does everyone have those genes? Do some have more than others?

If some people have more than others, aren't they passing them on to their offspring? Wouldn't that mean there is greater correlation in intelligence between parents, siblings, etc, than to the general population?

Humans are all different. None of us are the same. But some people are more similar than others. The more closely related two individuals are, the more genetically similar they are. Which is so obviously true it shouldn't even be an argument.

I would love for you to spend some time reading about the genotypical and phenotypical differences between distant human populations. Pick a random physical feature, organ, or system in your body, and look up "racial differences" on google.

This idea that Pygmies, Aborigines, and the Chinese only differ in skin color is so utterly absurd I don't understand why anyone who utters it isn't immediately mocked by everyone nearby with an IQ above room temperature.

You might enjoy this article. It is about the Igbo, who are supposedly the smartest tribe in Africa.

https://guardian.ng/features/the-igb...nt-in-nigeria/

Old 08-24-2021, 09:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There is a difference between "there is a bigger factor" and "it has little bearing".
Both apply in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Most colleges literally require an aptitude test to get in. If your aptitude is too low you cannot go to college. If aptitude didn't matter why would liberal academia test for it?
Most colleges have a high percentage of dropouts. Explain why those that don't get accepted or drop out, overwhelmingly come from a single parent family.

Explain why many people make it in life without a college degree? No need to train me, why I can figure out how to work on this assembly line all by myself. What could go wrong? I'm smart after all.

Compare apples to apples. Like an intelligent person would.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:36 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
But it won't and that should be obvious by now. The teens playing the knock down game or the young adult who robs a liquor store by and large aren't sociopaths. They simply grew up in a sub-culture or underclass whose values are so different from ours they might as well be from another country.

Now, we've spent a good 50 years going around and around and around as to why many black teens and young black men particularly in urban areas refuse to follow the values of mainstream society.

You're correct to suggest nobody is going to care much if Jamail gets 15 years for assault or an uncle gets 45 years for armed robbery. But over time it will start to sink in: Going to prison can mean being away from home for decades. You hurt or rob someone and you're gone. Off the streets for a very long time.

But nothing can be done until the sub-culture or underclass decide to change their behavior. Not unlike the alcoholic who won't stop drinking until they themselves see a need for change.

The video clips we often see where a young black male is assaulting or robbing another person aren't going away. It will be up to mainstream society (esp. those who are non-white) to ultimately when decide enough is enough. As for whites this might mean the "white guilt" card will no longer carry much weight and nobody is going to give a damn about rehabilitation. Society will simply demand thugs and criminals be sent away for a long, long time. A man released from prison at the age of 55 or 60 is a lot less dangerous than one released at the age of 30.

Unfortunately, there's nothing which can be done at this point in time because many (read: white) still believe they can "fix" the problem. Of course they can't. Because like the alcoholic the sub-culture in question won't change until they've hit bottom. For the alcoholic this could be the loss of family or career. For the black teen or young black man it might be, "Hey, you know Jamal got 15 years for knocking out that old white man and Kevin got 20 for doing the same. I also heard Jerome got 40 just for driving the car when Kenny held up that liquor store. I think I'm going to chill tonight."

So arm yourself if that makes you feel safer. Me? I'll just do my best to avoid areas where crime is an issue.
Black UNDERCLASS living in the inner city ghettos. This kind of behavior is within the inner city underclass. And this is what I make of those who won't follow the rules. Revenge. Low level rebellion against the rest of society. Being raised to be violent. Being raised by someone who probably shouldn't have become a parent in the first place. The seeds for this problems were sown a long time ago. I think said persons engaging in violent behavior view mainstream society as they enemy.

I am well aware that those clips aren't going away, and neither are the individuals committing those attacks. The individuals committing those attacks, do not understand anything except violence, and death.

The violent subculture is never going to change. By its design it is violent. It has to be stopped swiftly. Said individuals committing such crimes will not change except through fear of immediate reprisal. Long prison sentences will take the current crop of criminals off the streets. However, it won't stop another crop of criminals from coming up. Kids become violent criminals because of how they are raised, the conditions they live around, the company they keep, the mentality of "shoot and ask questions later". Said persons aren't going to change unless someone makes them. The message will likely sink in faster if any individual being attacked defends themselves, even if deadly force is needed.

Consider this. Housing projects and other questionable apartment buildings are being torn down. There are many individuals who are part of that violent subculture living in those areas. Once those projects are torn down, or the rents get raised in other apartments, those individuals have to go somewhere. In many instances, they wind up further away from the city. When Chicago started tearing down the housing projects, some of the residents (including violent underclass types) went out to the Chicago suburbs, or went to Indiana, Wisconsin, and Iowa. With the regular people, the underclass hood rats went too. And said hood rats caused mayhem wherever they went. Avoiding high crime areas might be helpful. However, I also understand that sometimes the criminals can reach you.

Like I said. I don't have time to wait for the message to sink it. I don't have two generations to wait. I already have to worry about being looked down it. I'm getting tired of hearing "Black people are a pain" or Blacks are a burden on society" The video clips of said thugs will give some people more of an excuse to view Blacks poorly. At least if there are no criminals to point to, said persons will just have to admit they don't like Blacks and get it over with. Maybe said persons will shut up if they can't find many Black criminals to complain about.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Explain why many people make it in life without a college degree?
People make it in life from all kinds of backgrounds. But what do you mean by make it in life?

Conservatives point out that children who are raised in two-parent families are far less likely to live in poverty, less likely to end up in prison, more likely to graduate from college, etc.

https://ifstudies.org/blog/less-pove...white-children

For instance, 28% of black children from two-parent homes graduate from college and 8% get incarcerated. For single-parent homes only 15% graduate from college and 14% get incarcerated.

Or to put it another way, 86% of black children raised in single-parent homes don't end up being incarcerated, compared to 92% for two-parent families.

85% of children from single-parent homes don't graduate college, compared to 72% of children from two-parent homes. Basically, two-parent families are not the panacea that conservatives imagine. Plus, is intelligence not also correlated to two-parent families? Studies show that intelligent men tend to value monogamy and are less likely to cheat than less intelligent men.

If that is true, and if valuing monogamy is a requisite for maintaining a two-parent family, then the average IQ of a two-parent family is likely significantly higher than the average single-parent family.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...n-value-sexual

https://www.insider.com/intelligence...eating-2017-10

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...-to-cheat.html

So let me ask you a question. What percentage of billionaires have a below-average IQ? Or millionaires? Or doctors? Or lawyers?

Other than maybe athletes and entertainers, virtually everyone we consider "successful" are highly intelligent. I doubt there is anyone working on Wall Street with an IQ of 70, or even 85(if you know what I mean).

If you love your country so much, understand that Uncle Sam won't even let you fight and die for your country if you aren't smart enough. The ASVAB is called the "Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery".

Old 08-24-2021, 05:55 PM

One thing I've thought about, is this. There are a sizable number of Black Americans leaving California. The logic people are operating under is this. The less Blacks living in a place, the less crime there will be. In this case, I would have to call that into question. I don't think it's the underclass elements leaving California. This is what I suspect. A large number of Blacks who have left California are most likely from the middle class, the professionals. I suspect many within the underclass are staying behind.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:46 AM

13,742 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black UNDERCLASS living in the inner city ghettos. This kind of behavior is within the inner city underclass. And this is what I make of those who won't follow the rules. Revenge. Low level rebellion against the rest of society. Being raised to be violent. Being raised by someone who probably shouldn't have become a parent in the first place. The seeds for this problems were sown a long time ago. I think said persons engaging in violent behavior view mainstream society as they enemy.

I am well aware that those clips aren't going away, and neither are the individuals committing those attacks. The individuals committing those attacks, do not understand anything except violence, and death.

The violent subculture is never going to change. By its design it is violent. It has to be stopped swiftly. Said individuals committing such crimes will not change except through fear of immediate reprisal. Long prison sentences will take the current crop of criminals off the streets. However, it won't stop another crop of criminals from coming up. Kids become violent criminals because of how they are raised, the conditions they live around, the company they keep, the mentality of "shoot and ask questions later". Said persons aren't going to change unless someone makes them. The message will likely sink in faster if any individual being attacked defends themselves, even if deadly force is needed.

Consider this. Housing projects and other questionable apartment buildings are being torn down. There are many individuals who are part of that violent subculture living in those areas. Once those projects are torn down, or the rents get raised in other apartments, those individuals have to go somewhere. In many instances, they wind up further away from the city. When Chicago started tearing down the housing projects, some of the residents (including violent underclass types) went out to the Chicago suburbs, or went to Indiana, Wisconsin, and Iowa. With the regular people, the underclass hood rats went too. And said hood rats caused mayhem wherever they went. Avoiding high crime areas might be helpful. However, I also understand that sometimes the criminals can reach you.

Like I said. I don't have time to wait for the message to sink it. I don't have two generations to wait. I already have to worry about being looked down it. I'm getting tired of hearing "Black people are a pain" or Blacks are a burden on society" The video clips of said thugs will give some people more of an excuse to view Blacks poorly. At least if there are no criminals to point to, said persons will just have to admit they don't like Blacks and get it over with. Maybe said persons will shut up if they can't find many Black criminals to complain about.
I'm all for taking the current crop of criminals off the streets for a long time. Unfortunately, many criminals spend time going in and out of prison. But what if that wasn't the case? What if the person went to prison at the age of 21 and didn't return home until they were almost 60. That person is likely to be much less dangerous. Now, you suggest this underclass won't change their behavior regardless of sentencing. That it won't matter how many friends and relatives they know sentenced to spend most of their adult life behind bars. Long-term sentencing simply won't register. Perhaps not... but in the same way an alcoholic understands a DUI is serious business the underclass would learn in time getting sent to prison means you're not getting out until your old and gray.

What about rehabilitation? The drinker has AA... what does the underclass have? Perhaps work shops in prison. I don't know. I'm more concerned about the safety of society which means keeping people who drink off the road and the underclass from committing assaults and robberies.

In any event the idea of tossing away the key and keeping criminals behind bars for basically their entire adult life isn't going to happen anytime soon. As long as white guilt is alive and well black teens and young black men who act out in anti-social or criminal behavior will continue to get a pass. Not their fault. They are victims too. Basically the same things we've been hearing for the past 40-50 years

So, go ahead and arm yourself. Me? I'm just going to do my best to be aware of my surroundings. Just tonight at a Fry's food store a black teen maybe 18 was shopping with a cigarette hanging from his mouth. I saw him try to light it but couldn't. When I finished shopping and reached the self-checkout line I saw the teen there. He was standing with a black teen (girl) about the same age and an older black fellow in his 20's. The older black fellow was arguing with the manager (something about a credit card) but then left his groceries and stormed out. The two black teens followed him out the door without buying anything either.

By this time I had finishing checking out. However, I waited to see which way the three walked before leaving the store. I didn't want to cross paths with them on the way to my parked car.

Old 08-25-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
One thing I've thought about, is this. There are a sizable number of Black Americans leaving California. The logic people are operating under is this. The less Blacks living in a place, the less crime there will be. In this case, I would have to call that into question. I don't think it's the underclass elements leaving California. This is what I suspect. A large number of Blacks who have left California are most likely from the middle class, the professionals. I suspect many within the underclass are staying behind.
Blacks make up 3.7 percent of the population in Mesa, AZ (where the incident at Fry's I mentioned above occurred.) Which means Black males under 30 make up what? 1% of the Mesa population.

So here's the first Black teen I've seen in years in a Fry's food store and what's he doing? Standing in back of the store by a cooler where juice is found trying to light a cigarette. The kid wasn't high but he was fidgety. Maybe being in a store with all White shoppers made him nervous. Who knows. Who cares. I just made sure he wasn't anywhere near me when I left the store.

There's a small percentage in our society (an underclass of Black males between the age of 13-30) which cause havoc far above their actual numbers. Now, if the numbers crossed racial lines there wouldn't still be an issue: Just toss the offenders behind bars and throw away the key.

But the numbers don't cut across the races which is a probably esp. for many Whites.

Last edited by john3232; 08-25-2021 at 10:10 AM..

Old 08-25-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Blacks make up 3.7 percent of the population in Mesa, AZ (where the incident at Fry's I mentioned above occurred.) Which means Black males under 30 make up what? 1% of the Mesa population.

So here's the first Black teen I've seen in years in a Fry's food store and what's he doing? Standing in back of the store by a cooler where juice is found trying to light a cigarette. The kid wasn't high but he was fidgety. Maybe being in a store with all White shoppers made him nervous. Who knows. Who cares. I just made sure he wasn't anywhere near me when I left the store.
I didn't say anything about Arizona in that post. And Arizona isn't the only place some Blacks have moved to. And that was Mesa. What about the rest of the state? And what about other states Black Californians are moving to. Texas, Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina, etc.

By the way, you mentioned that happened at night. I notice something about shopping at night. It tends to attract many people who aren't at their best. I notice that the highest likelihood of running into somewhat surly clientele, is at night. When it comes to Black people and who I've run into at the store, I've noticed something. The best of the clientele, I tend to find them at the store during the lunch rush (alot of construction workers, hospital workers, officer workers), and around 5:30-6:30PM (people coming off work). The surly, the trashy (of any race) is often there from 8pm and after.

I live in a city that's 30 percent Black. I don't feel any urge to avoid Black people. I do look out for behavior patterns though. I see someone acting like trash, I avoid said person. I have gone to the grocery store at night with a 9mm pistol on my hip.

I recently moved to an apartment complex is a sketchy part of the city. Cost had nothing to do with (I'm actually paying more rent). A housing shortage aggravated by a population influx, labor shortages and past material shortages (thanks Covid-19), I had to find a place wherever I could. Alot of nice areas you had to get on a waiting list for the next 6 months. Where I live, I avoid most people regardless of race. In my case, I couldn't avoid a sketchy area because the nice areas are highly sought after.

At the end of the day, this is the #1 thing I am thinking about as a Black male. Where does this leave me? That is what I care about the most. This is why I say I don't have 2 generations for things to change. I care about me and what I possibly have to deal with as a Black male RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!

Old 08-25-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about Arizona in that post. And Arizona isn't the only place some Blacks have moved to. And that was Mesa. What about the rest of the state? And what about other states Black Californians are moving to. Texas, Georgia, Nevada, North Carolina, etc.

By the way, you mentioned that happened at night. I notice something about shopping at night. It tends to attract many people who aren't at their best. I notice that the highest likelihood of running into somewhat surly clientele, is at night. When it comes to Black people and who I've run into at the store, I've noticed something. The best of the clientele, I tend to find them at the store during the lunch rush (alot of construction workers, hospital workers, officer workers), and around 5:30-6:30PM (people coming off work). The surly, the trashy (of any race) is often there from 8pm and after.

I live in a city that's 30 percent Black. I don't feel any urge to avoid Black people. I do look out for behavior patterns though. I see someone acting like trash, I avoid said person. I have gone to the grocery store at night with a 9mm pistol on my hip.

I recently moved to an apartment complex is a sketchy part of the city. Cost had nothing to do with (I'm actually paying more rent). A housing shortage aggravated by a population influx, labor shortages and past material shortages (thanks Covid-19), I had to find a place wherever I could. Alot of nice areas you had to get on a waiting list for the next 6 months. Where I live, I avoid most people regardless of race. In my case, I couldn't avoid a sketchy area because the nice areas are highly sought after.

At the end of the day, this is the #1 thing I am thinking about as a Black male. Where does this leave me? That is what I care about the most. This is why I say I don't have 2 generations for things to change. I care about me and what I possibly have to deal with as a Black male RIGHT HERE AND NOW!!

It's not location. It's the numbers. Blacks make up of 3.7% of Mesa. Which means 1% is roughly the number of Blacks males between the age of 13-30. And the number gets even smaller when you consider not all are considered underclass. It's this very small number which creates much of the havoc

I mean here's the first black teen I've seen in Fry's since... I can't remember when. And what's he doing? Acting out. Why? Don't know and don't care. I'm just staying away.

Where does this leave me? That is what I care about the most.

I really don't know. You mentioned carrying a weapon. Just don't expect much to change as long as "White guilt" is alive and well.

Last edited by john3232; 08-25-2021 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies