Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 12:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking masks are coming back given how fast hospitals are filling up. New cases are going parabolic like a stock market pumped up by never-ending stimulus. We're also seeing a major slowdown in orders at our medical products plant, which I tend to use as a leading economic indicator of the broad economy, and it's more than just supply chain disruptions which have also become a factor... orders are starting to crater like they did spring of last year. This is something that has occurred just in the last 10 days or so.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...spitalization/

I don't think people realize how fragile the supply chain can be. Companies are dependent on each other for inputs to produce outputs. When one product stops being produced it can create a domino effect. It doesn't help vaccine distribution to the rest of the world is rather incomplete.

Last edited by sholomar; 08-10-2021 at 12:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 12:12 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All I know is I'm hearing personal stories from friends and family who are sounding the alarm on this Delta strain. My primary doctor had 12 cases of Covid on Sunday at the urgent care he works in. Today my friend in north FL had an appointment with her primary doctor. She was told he has 12 patients in ICU with Covid and lost two last night. Doesn't matter what kinds of questions are being raised. People are getting sick and dying.
Nice deflection.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
CDC Reports False COVID Data for Florida and Leaves Major Questions

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08...stions-n423911

Don't see many places reporting THIS.

..Yesterday, the CDC reported Florida’s COVID data, something that is part of a normal cycle after a weekend, claiming that the Sunshine State saw over 28,000 new cases on Sunday. That would have been a record high, and it helped drive another round of anti-Florida media coverage.

The problem? The CDC’s reporting was false...
Interesting. It did seem a tad high. What are the accurate numbers?

Old 08-10-2021, 12:16 PM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
, claiming that the Sunshine State saw over 28,000 new cases on Sunday.
Florida does not report on Sunday.....the CDC knows that

Old 08-10-2021, 12:17 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
CDC Reports False COVID Data for Florida and Leaves Major Questions

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/08...stions-n423911

Don't see many places reporting THIS.

..Yesterday, the CDC reported Florida’s COVID data, something that is part of a normal cycle after a weekend, claiming that the Sunshine State saw over 28,000 new cases on Sunday. That would have been a record high, and it helped drive another round of anti-Florida media coverage.

The problem? The CDC’s reporting was false...

I don't see anyone reporting this except the Redstate News.LOL

Based on a Tweet, come on.

Florida stopped daily reporting, looks like they are back to daily reporting although usually late especially on weekends. Their 7 day moving average is almost 20,000 so they claim the one day total of 28,000 is wrong.

Suffice it to say they are in serious trouble putting beds in auditoriums and trying to find staff.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:21 PM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I am so sorry to hear about your son. I can't imagine what your family must be going through.
Thank you. I am just praying he comes through. It’s hard not being there- and I can’t ask my normal 1000 questions. The family is on survival mode. I’m just busy doing anything.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:56 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4a View Post
Yes but please dont tell the masses this,they wont hear of it!!
These hospitalizations ain't overestimated

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8cq3MmV...name=4096x4096

Old 08-10-2021, 12:57 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Sounds like a data error was made, and caught within 24 hours. This isn't a big deal, and because these things happen, most jurisdictions use a 7 day rolling average.

Saying this leads to "Major Questions" or implying malicious intent is absurd. The system corrected itself, as it should.
It IS a big deal. It's either dishonest or incompetence, neither of which is good.

Old 08-10-2021, 12:58 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
It IS a big deal. It's either dishonest or incompetence, neither of which is good.
You shouldn't be so hard on FL, they are reporting the best they can under very bad circumstances.

(Hint: It is the state's job to report data)
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-10-2021, 01:42 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yes. After one year of avoiding the original covid, since June I personality know of 14, one, my son, still in ICU in a coma. No change today they said. He is in Miami the rest of us in Orlando so not sure who all was in his group who got sick. My ER nurse friends say they are making rooms for ICU beds. I don’t know the numbers, but people definitely getting sick.
Thinking of you and your family often, tinytrump, and sending healing thoughts for your son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies