Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 11:41 AM

16,584 posts, read 10,689,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
When is that, by the way?

The head of the School Board is a straight up Hegelian Marxist, Ian J. Serotkin
The next regular election is 2023. There is currently an effort being mounted to hold a recall election later this year.

https://ballotpedia.org/Loudoun_Coun...Virginia_(2021)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 11:57 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,543,705 times
Quote:
When is that, by the way?

The head of the School Board is a straight up Hegelian Marxist, Ian J. Serotkin
November 2023, with their replacements taking office in January 2024, although there is apparently a substantial effort underway by the locals to recall these revolting people.

https://ballotpedia.org/Loudoun_Coun...oard_elections

Old 08-12-2021, 12:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,751,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
November 2023, with their replacements taking office in January 2024, although there is apparently a substantial effort underway by the locals to recall these revolting people.

https://ballotpedia.org/Loudoun_Coun...oard_elections
Is there an actual legal mechanism for recall?

Old 08-12-2021, 12:01 PM

20,363 posts, read 19,978,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You're equating wokeism with the theory of evolution?

ROFLMAO.

And y'all wonder why people don't take you seriously.

Wokeism IS a religion to the Left.

So you're ok with preaching religion to kids in school.....

As long as it's YOUR religion.
Nailed it

Look at the recent Oregon educational debacle (done in the dark, so to speak).

Old 08-12-2021, 12:03 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,543,705 times
Quote:
Is there an actual legal mechanism for recall?
Yes. Here is a page with more information:

Virginia requires recall petitions to be signed by residents of the official's jurisdiction equal in number to 10% of the votes cast in the last election for that office. The number of signatures required on each petition is as follows:

Denise Corbo: 10,785
Beth Barts: 1,176
Brenda Sheridan: 803
Atoosa Reaser: 1,213
Ian Serotkin: 2,179
Leslee King: 1,234

If enough signatures are collected, a trial will be held at the circuit court level. At the trial, recall supporters must "demonstrate the officer engaged in neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance."

https://ballotpedia.org/Loudoun_Coun...Virginia_(2021)

Old 08-12-2021, 01:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
nowhere at all. leo was more than happy to make that crap up to justify his self-rightous blather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
She didn't. Lame attempt at deflection. Very lame.
The minute someone describes themselves as Christian, it triggers people. They have issues and need help, poor things.

And THIS coming from dolts whose automatic comeback when someone complains about what's going on in schools is, 'You don't even know what they're teaching!!!!' yet their go-to line when a teacher identifies himself as Christian is 'ohhh nooooes, they're shoving their religion down everyone's throats!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I hope you are wrong. Here is another video of another parent ripping strips off of these vile people, straight to their faces. We will have to wait and see, but there is another mob taking shape, and this one consists of parents protecting their children from a cabal of almost unspeakably evil people. They are highly motivated.

Parent Rips Loudoun School Board: Your Ideology Is "Pure Garbage," My Kids Pronouns Are King and Queen

Apparently YouTube is blocking at these videos now, as this cannot be found there. YouTube (Owned by Google) is clearly not an agent of transparency or the truth. In fact, they are opponents of transparency and the truth.

This guy is enraged. You can hear it in his voice and in his words. There are many millions more who feel the same way. It is time to retaliate against these people, and it is good to see this gentleman taking the initiative to start the process towards doing that.
This is the best thing I've read in a long time. Every parent should have the same attitude. Let's see how long this b.s. will fly then.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:57 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,751,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is the best thing I've read in a long time. Every parent should have the same attitude. Let's see how long this b.s. will fly then.
Common sense middle ground is agreeing to call a kid he or she based on their preference but not extending it to mentally ill fantasies of "Zhe" or "cray cray bling bling" or any of a million 'pronouns'. We should not be enabling this lunacy - there are only 2 genders and that will never change

Kids cannot make up their own reality, school should be there to teach kids what reality is and provide a foundation for a stable life

Old 08-12-2021, 02:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Common sense middle ground is agreeing to call a kid he or she based on their preference but not extending it to mentally ill fantasies of "Zhe" or "cray cray bling bling" or any of a million 'pronouns'. We should not be enabling this lunacy - there are only 2 genders and that will never change

Kids cannot make up their own reality, school should be there to teach kids what reality is and provide a foundation for a stable life
I have no problem with the LGBTQ crowd but that's for me to teach my kids about and not the school. Forms I've seen recently ask if you identify as a....and a list is provided. Since when do we do this? If ten people identify as a horse, should that be added to the list?

If we weren't so abysmally behind in education compared to other countries, it wouldn't be so laughable, but these dopes think they can take time during the day to teach this as though it's the most important thing in preparing a student for the next grade.

I've had it. I'm glad my kids are grown, but I worry like hell about my grandchildren.

Old 08-12-2021, 03:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,317,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
According to the article, the teacher quit because she was made to carry out policies that “do not square with who I am as a believer in Christ.” She said she opposes the policy on trans because “it’s against my religion “.

Well, good riddance! If she wants a job where she can push her religious beliefs, then she should get a job at a parochial school. Her leaving is good for everyone, including her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It’s analogous to a teacher refusing to teach evolution because it contradicts her religion. Maybe she’s not preaching Christianity, but she wants to pick and choose what she teaches, based on her religion.
that's part of what she said.

She also said, paraphrasing, that they were teaching in the training that "white women were in power and "that had to change. And thus you've told me that you don't value me."

Old 08-12-2021, 07:38 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,571,990 times
Here’s the deal, these leftists currently in control of these schools..they don’t really believe in anything. This is more a game to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies