Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 11:21 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I don't think it is dumb. That just proves that he trusts the vaccine, and he didn't deny that he would pass virus to others, but he chose to live his life. I see nothing wrong with that. Plus, anybody who believe a stupid walmart mask could protect them probably need to get vaccinated. lol
It IS dumb.

Clearly, you haven't even tried to understand how masks reduce transmission. Anyone who trusts the mRNA vaccines has either been living in a cave or suffered too many concussions playing football. Neither you nor O'Reilly understand what the "vaccine" does and doesn't do.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:22 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
My friend is a visiting nurse - hospitals are actually making out. If a employed nurse makes $25 an hour and quits or is fired - they can hire traveling nurses like my friend for $30 an hour but - they actually only pay $20 an hour as the gov't is bankrolling the other $10 for them - so it's actually cheaper for them to have traveling nurses.

As far as the vaccine safety - I'd trust a medical person's knowledge of the vaccine before one of these so called medical experts on TV. There have not been multiple studies about the long term safety of these vaccines as it's new. Referring to what we know now with those vaccinated does not give you the whole picture of problems that may occur in the next year to 10 years so quit lying.

This is the 1st mRNA vaccine that was rushed through and approved without complete medical trials. There is currently a cancer mRNA wherein they started testing in 2009 - 12 yrs ago and it hasn't made it out of clinical trials because of the problems - so quit feeding me a load of horse manure.

bank - the last part was not addressed to you but those talking about it's safety which is an unknown at this point.

And studies out of Israel have shown that those with natural immunity from having Covid previously are faring better when it comes to Delta than those who received the vaccine as they have a natural immunity - not something made in a lab.
Do you have a link to that Israeli data?

Old 08-16-2021, 11:24 AM

1,929 posts, read 558,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That's your spin, not mine. I don't wish anybody dead and my post didn't sound like i did either. that's you trying to defame me and stereotype me.
She laid out this whole litany of experience where mere mortals would have probably caught the covid virus under those conditions and I said she might be lucky not having caught it.
Which goes against her thinking as she projected that the virus must not be very contagious and it's really no big deal. I disagreed with her and called her lucky.

You saying I wished her dead makes you out a vapid fool In my opinion whose just flapping gums, Mr. King.
I didn't say or imply you wished anyone dead. I said it sounds like you expect all the unvaccinated to die. Don't change my words to fit your argument. Compose yourself.

A short timeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469
Oh please, stop with the drama. Without vaccines we would all probably be dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde
This is not true. I'm unvaccinated and still alive. I've lived through 18 months of this. And I can't wear a face covering either. And I talk to strangers.

Maybe the reality of this virus isn't everything the media is telling people it is. The human race survived pandemics before vaccines.

Quote:
originally posted by mohawkx
how old are you? That has a lot to do with it.

Or maybe you are just one lucky blonde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking
One lucky person? Must be the majority of unvaccinated are just one lucky group. Sounds like you expect them to all be dead. Sorry to disappoint.
Following the theme I saw laid out in the above posts implying she was lucky to be alive being unvaccinated. If I misinterpreted your response, then that is what it was, a misinterpretation of your words, not defamation. This "vapid fool" has seen many posts in this thread which have expounded death to those who choose to make their decision against having this vaccination.

Note: all bold in this post is mine.

Last edited by Stepnking; 08-16-2021 at 11:45 AM..

Old 08-16-2021, 11:25 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
They do tell the truth once in a while!!! Not often enough though as can be seen by others here. People are gullible - I had to leave my parents' house the other day over an argument because they felt bad for Cuomo - he seemed nice. I thought to myself no wonder so many elderly get fleeced - if someone is nice they equate that to good. I do know if my mom had gotten Covid while in a rehabilitation/ nursing home after she broke her hip - she'd think he was the devil himself - but all she sees is the guy on TV who got an Emmy.
.. which is why I listen to the doctors whom I trust. It took me three month to make a final decision.

Before I got my vaccine, I visited numerous websites and forums. People's posts about their side effects scared me enough to NOT getting it until one day, I saw my own sister posting on one of those sites. She said she got heart palpitations, hot flash right after the vaccine and wondered if others experienced the exact same symptoms. She wasn't lying, but she has experienced the same symptoms starting three years ago because she is now 49 (10 something years older than me) and is in perimenopause. She is even taking medication for these symptoms. I told her she should have posted this, (being in perimenopause and taking medication) and she said there was no point. A symptom is a symptom.

By no means, am I trying to suggest the vaccine is 100% safe. If I am saying I don't worry about the long term effects, I would be lying. I worry too. But I think it is a good advice to take things we hear or read with a grain of salt. I think most of the time, people just choose to believe in the sources due to their own confirmation bias. Confirmation bias can prevent people from considering other information when making decisions since they tend to only see factors that support their beliefs.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:27 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Theory - and that's all it is. I got the flu vaccine every year and still got the flu as do many people - why? It's based on the most prevalent flu from the year before which has since mutated.
As you say the Influenza is always a best guess. But the mRNA Delta formulation would be more specific in combating the Delta's spike mutation.

Most people who think they got the flu despite the flu vaccine are mostly unproven.
Many people will confuse GI problems and other respiratory syndromes with Influenza. There has to be testing and/or a doctor's exam to be sure.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
It IS dumb.

Clearly, you haven't even tried to understand how masks reduce transmission. Anyone who trusts the mRNA vaccines has either been living in a cave or suffered too many concussions playing football. Neither you nor O'Reilly understand what the "vaccine" does and doesn't do.
ok

Old 08-16-2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Wow, there's a spin for you Why do you think hospitals have staffing shortages? I work in one and I can tell you - most of our unvaccinated staff members are out of work right now with - wait for it - COVID. So yeah, they aren't doing us any good now. I don't want to see anyone lose their job but in reality they aren't helping the situation at all.
I watched this video and I really feel sad for the nurses. I cannot do what they do, especially if I don't respect the patients that I treat. My uncle is an ER doctor, he likes what he does. My other uncle is a plastic surgeon who is fully vaccinated, but you won't see him working any time soon. He made enough money and just don't want to touch anybody right now. I think nurses are hero and should get a big signing bonus. I would want my tax dollars go to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg1-MWAjqPU

Old 08-16-2021, 11:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:

And studies out of Israel have shown that those with natural immunity from having Covid previously are faring better when it comes to Delta than those who received the vaccine as they have a natural immunity - not something made in a lab.
I would also like a link to the study if you have it.
I've been wondering why they are not collecting data here in the US on natural immunity. Seems they dont care about testing those who have had Covid to actually study the effectiveness of natural antibodies vs. immunity via the vaccine.

I have resisted getting the vaccine but have been thinking about getting it due to pressure from my boss and my 51 year old cousin died this past weekend from Covid after a 2 week hospital stay. I really would like to read more unbiased studies.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:10 PM

Obviously I am no expert, but I believe right now is perhaps the best time to get the vaccination. Most likely, you won't have to worry about the booster shot anytime soon, and your protection against delta would be strong. Of course you need to talk to a doctor, talk to many doctors that you trust. If you still decided not to get the vaccine, please, please be careful. Find a n95 mask and avoid as many people as possible. Remember, we are all in this together.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:10 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Most all of the actual disease's longer term side effects have been on the vaccine manufacturers short list as potential side effects to be on the look out for. These side effects are basically immune mediated in both the disease and vaccines. And as the vaccines, especially the mRNA's use only the Spike protein, the feeling was that would limit the vaccines longer term side effects. Which it probably has, as the mRNA's are effective and safer than the AZ.

I don't know the AZ data, we don't use that one here. Whether they had a clot as a side effect in their trials I don't know. But clots have been on everyone's short list of vaccine possibilities, since they are common with the disease.

Most of the side effects showing up months later, were anticipated at some low level. Which still is the fact.

But the basic reason we have had to be guinea pigs is related to the urgency of the Pandemic.
We did NOT 'have to be guinea pigs'. WTH is wrong with some of you?

Had the stooges on the left not turned this into something political, they would have heard the other doctors out there who talked about treatments that helped patients to a) avoid it all together and b) IF they didn't do a, they also had treatments that would keep them out of the hospital and make their symptoms milder, and last nowhere near as long.

All those tooting their horns that they got the 'vaccine', therefore, if they get it, their symptoms will be milder and won't last as long...yeah? Guess what? WE ALREADY HAD THAT without a stupid rushed experiment being shoved into gullible peoples arms.

You quarantine the high risk. You don't quarantine healthy people.

You help the high risk. You don't throw money and eviction moratoriums on able bodied people who can work and pay their way.

You remind people to wash their hands after touching surfaces, especially before using said hands to shove food in their mouths, because apparently adults are toddlers who need to be told this.

You remind people to cover their face when they cough or sneeze, because apparently adults are toddlers who need to be told this.

Many jobs where the person could work from home, should have been work from home long ago. And they should still be work at home, as there is no sense in making people sit in one large room with recycled air, all day long.

Children can go to school publicly, or take it over the internet. Parents can choose. Why does it have to be one or the other? How about both.

Doctors have been telling you for over a year about Zinc, Vitamin D, etc., as well as Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine. But instead of looking into those claims, the left screamed and wailed about the 'Trump drug'.

Turns out, all of those work, and work well.

Morons!

Nevermind the insanely high probability in ALL age groups that they would survive it - and as someone else pointed out in another thread - that percentage is based on those who MIGHT actually get it in the first place. I've been out there for over a year - never got it. No colds, no flues, not stupid Covid.

At no time did we 'have to be guinea pigs'.

I'm not your damn guinea pig, and I'm not taking your stupid experiment just to make you feel better about yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies