Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 01:34 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I've said my opinion, and you've said yours. So . . . here we are.

Precisely right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 01:43 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
How is this woke? I see nothing wrong with make up and tattoos. As long as they are clean, don't stink and aren't rude, I see no problem with this.
I'm pretty sure he posted this and is calling it woke because United said male flight attendants care wear makeup and nail polish if they want.

I'm not thrilled on the idea of men wearing makeup either, but I dont see how this effects anyones "freedoms" or flying experience. As long as United is done beating people up, then who cares.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:52 PM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Considering how most passengers look nowadays, the flight attendants probably won't stand out as looking unusual.
We need to bring back the dress standards of the 1960's for flight attendants AND passengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaXZ8Nisyjo

Old 08-16-2021, 01:57 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
I work in a drug rehab clinic where 200+ patients go through every day. Their appearance exceeds every expectation you might think of. I've pretty much gotten used to hair of every day glow color, full sleeve tattoos, facial tattoos, piercings, gays, lesbians, ex convicts, punks, speed freaks...you name it. About 98% of them are actually pretty decent people regardless of their looks and habits. Professional boundaries is about all that would keep me from being good friends with many of them.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:31 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
We need to bring back the dress standards of the 1960's for flight attendants AND passengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaXZ8Nisyjo
Neat video, and to be sure, people did dress much better back then. But whoever made the video did do a few creative tricks to make it look better. Most of the passengers shown in their seats were traveling in first class; you can tell because there are only two seats on each side of the aisle. Thus, it looked roomier than many people would ever experience. I think the only time they showed the economy cabin was when they showed the mother, father, and young girl sitting in the middle. Note that they put the young girl in the middle, so the three of them together didn't look as packed in. FWIW, the fuselage width (measuring outside) of a 707 was 148 inches, which is exactly the same as today's 737. In other words, the coach-class seats weren't any wider then than they are now. Probably had more legroom, though.

Old 08-16-2021, 07:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Now just let us pilots have a beard for crying out loud.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:03 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Now just let us pilots have a beard for crying out loud.
Potential for oxygen mask interference? However, some foreign airlines allow beards so it may just be an excuse.

Last edited by RocketDawg; 08-16-2021 at 08:14 PM..

Old 08-16-2021, 08:13 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Neat video, and to be sure, people did dress much better back then. But whoever made the video did do a few creative tricks to make it look better. Most of the passengers shown in their seats were traveling in first class; you can tell because there are only two seats on each side of the aisle. Thus, it looked roomier than many people would ever experience. I think the only time they showed the economy cabin was when they showed the mother, father, and young girl sitting in the middle. Note that they put the young girl in the middle, so the three of them together didn't look as packed in. FWIW, the fuselage width (measuring outside) of a 707 was 148 inches, which is exactly the same as today's 737. In other words, the coach-class seats weren't any wider then than they are now. Probably had more legroom, though.
The first time I was ever inside an airplane was in 1970 flying to basic training in a C-124, so that doesn't count. When I started flying regularly for business in the mid-70s, the coach seats were no wider than now but you had a little more legroom. By the time I stopped flying in 2009 (retirement) they'd moved the seats quite a bit closer together, but they were still relatively comfortable. If you happened to get a window seat on a small regional jet, you'd have to hold your head sideways for the entire trip. I haven't flown since then but from what I've heard it's gotten a lot worse.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:15 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Kind of weird the things that get people upset.

I'm on a plane to get from point a to point b, not hook up with a flight attendant.
I have no use for Flight Attendants either...I fly to get someplace quickly...I usually put my headphones on as soon as i get into my seat and close my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies