Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2021, 07:00 PM

63,001 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I will never entertain a nonsense concept just because political groups and the media insist that it's real. It's not. It's only been 40 years of this "hispanic" con. Nothing about them is real.

I have two eyes:

This is WHITE lady. She's not a "person of color" nor a minority. She didn't break through any barriers. There were never any barriers for white Latin Americans.

They can't outnumber or "replace" black people if 65% of them are white. That's never going to be true. Trying to compare people who speak Spanish to blacks, a racial group, is a nonsense comparison.
No, she is of mixed race a Latina with roots from Puerto Rico. The term is Mestizo and that's what she is. She isn't just plain ole white nor does she identify herself that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 09:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Typical black people are only of colonial descent. And most white Americans are predominantly of colonial descent.
Not sure your point.

Quote:
Very few people were in those territories. The Southwest was unpopulated, less than 100K people were in all the south western territories combined. Few "hispanics" have any roots in the United states before the 70s, much less before the 20th century.
I have no idea why you keep clinging to this belief. Its like you dont realize Spain AND Mexico took Censuses of its territories just like the US did, or as if we didnt take a census when they were annexed.

Texas alone had 200,000 people in 1850
New Mexico 61,000

On top of all this, you know Spain also had territories in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana right ? Those people didnt pack up and leave either, but those people were indeed white Spaniards for the most part, not Latinos. But they did speak spanish, which is still part of your flawed argument.

Quote:
American history and culture has nothing to do with anybody that has no roots in the U.S before the 20th century. America was a developed nation long before they were here.
There is no such thing as "American" culture. At best you mean shared identity and likes. Food is regional, dance is regional, language is regional, even art is regional in this country, then you can break that further down by race and ethnicity.

Quote:
yes they are.
no.

If you actually mean 1st generation as in first generation born here, then you would be correct

But thats still a flawed argument seeing how those numbers skew.

A second generation Hispanic man could be 90 years old by your logic and clearly didnt get here in the 1970's since both he and his parents would have been born here.

Quote:
The concept of them did not even exist. There was no notion that people who speak Spanish were even an ethnic group. Why would all people who speak Spanish be a group? That idea didn't exist. They literally just made "hispanics" up

"Hispanic" wasn't just a semantic change, it's an idea that completely didn't exist. It took 20 years to normalize the concept of "hispanic" people.
This argument only works if you pretend Latinos didnt inner marry with the natives.

You would never call a mixed race person who had one white parent and one black parent, white. So why would you do it with mexicans ?

In other countries in Latin America, darker skin puts this debate to bed.

My argued isnt that any of this is bad, its just refuting the false things you posted.

Old 08-19-2021, 09:10 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, she is of mixed race a Latina with roots from Puerto Rico. The term is Mestizo and that's what she is. She isn't just plain ole white nor does she identify herself that way.
Someone needs to inform Barrack he actually nominated a white lady, not woman of color "with richer life experiences than whites", like 0bama promised all of us.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:09 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I havent seen it mentioned yet, but am I the only one who realizes Latinos were already a larger chunk of the population than Black people, and that Asians were even ahead of black people by like a lot

In fact, Hispanics are the largest group in California and whites are next, then Asians, then black people .

I just find it weird that no one pointed this out yet unless i missed it.
Not only that, California's Black population, as a percentage, has never been any higher than 7.5%. Asians started outnumbering Blacks by the 1980s.

Anyone who knows anything about American history should understand this. While there have been Blacks in California, Blacks only started moving to California in large numbers between 1942-1970.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:15 AM

4,397 posts, read 1,704,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think am going to start calling myself White, even though I am Hispanic.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:22 AM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Not only that, California's Black population, as a percentage, has never been any higher than 7.5%. Asians started outnumbering Blacks by the 1980s.

Anyone who knows anything about American history should understand this. While there have been Blacks in California, Blacks only started moving to California in large numbers between 1942-1970.
Given the numbers it is kind of amazing that we held the City of Los Angeles mayoral office, two Chief's of Police, most of the city council and a large percentage of California's congressional delegation for most the 50 year period from 1970 until today.

All of this over a mall with pretty much just a theatre, a Macy's and TJ's Maxx left as the remaining Black folk of the area continue to cross the local White Flight line into Culver City as they had before that local shopping center was converted to a small indoor mall in the late 1980s

Old 08-20-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Given the numbers it is kind of amazing that we held the City of Los Angeles mayoral office, two Chief's of Police, most of the city council and a large percentage of California's congressional delegation for most the 50 year period from 1970 until today.

All of this over a mall with pretty much just a theatre, a Macy's and TJ's Maxx left as the remaining Black folk of the area continue to cross the local White Flight line into Culver City as they had before that local shopping center was converted to a small indoor mall in the late 1980s
Well, Los Angeles was an outlier of sorts. At one time, Blacks were 18% of Los Angeles' population. Now it's barely 9%. California never got higher than 7.5% Black. At the same time, the Black population was densely concentrated in certain areas. Hard to believe, but Sacramento has the largest Black population of any large California city outside of Oakland. And Oakland's Black population has dropped dramatically.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:24 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,094,189 times
Quote:
Sacramento has the largest Black population of any large California city outside of Oakland. And Oakland's Black population has dropped dramatically.
These things are going to happen, when democrats (and to lesser extent RINOs) have allowed 30 million Latinos to flood into America illegally in the last 40 years. Not even getting into birthright citizenship and why that has been a lie all along - and all the descendants from the border jumpers.

Democrats have sold us out.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I think am going to start calling myself White, even though I am Hispanic.
Stacey Dash, who is half Black, half Mexican, called herself "White" when she got arrested for domestic violence in 2019.
https://newsone.com/3888584/stacey-d...woman-mugshot/

Old 08-20-2021, 10:09 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Stacey Dash, who is half Black, half Mexican, called herself "White" when she got arrested for domestic violence in 2019.
https://newsone.com/3888584/stacey-d...woman-mugshot/
That could have been the person who booked her. I’ve seen a mixed Puerto Rican classified as Black. I’ve seen the same done to South Asians. Sometimes it’s other people doing the labeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies