Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 04:53 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Who has said it was legit. Everyone has pointed out that it was wrong, and that in fact is why it is news. I can assure you the representative of the Animal Justice Party wouldn't be confirming they weren't shot without confirmation. The clue is in the name of her Political Party.

Do you understand what totalitarian means? No need to answer of course, it is clear you don't.

Some bloke made an error out the back of nowhere because he thought the rescue people couldn't travel to them. He wasn't following any rules, he just made a mistake.
Please don’t make this personal by insulting me. I haven’t done anything but voice my objection to a rather heartless and cruel decision made by local police in one of your towns. It’s disturbing that they did it, and it’s disturbing that you endeavor to argue endlessly over it.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:56 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,528,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I don’t think that anybody in this thread has made a generalization of Australia as dog killers.

I think people are shocked that local powers that be there elected to snuff out a large pack of dogs in an effort to prevent good people from rescuing them. That’s the story. That’s what is so upsetting. Rules so broad and far reaching that killing dogs was seen as preferable to this town than allowing people freewill to get these dogs out of there. Surely you can understand the outrage from that standpoint?

Ps: Affenpinschers are fantastic dogs.
But the bold is simply your misunderstanding of the situation. The rules were in fact clear and the person who made the decision made an error.

You have absolutely generalised and pretended this was the result of totalitarianism. It is childish drivel.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Being upset about a few stray dogs being humanely (but mistakenly) euthanised doesn't excuse your absurd projection of totalitarianism on a country.
It wasn’t a “few dogs”. It was 15 dogs, including a litter of pups. You aren’t doing your defense any favors by insistently downplaying this fact.

I *do* believe that your government is currently showing a totalitarian streak with its over-the-top shutdowns of people and movement. My own sister is hiding out in her Melbourne home right now. I have a handle on what’s going on. You can stop insulting my intelligence now. It’s not making your case any stronger.

Old 08-24-2021, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Please don’t make this personal by insulting me. I haven’t done anything but voice my objection to a rather heartless and cruel decision made by local police in one of your towns. It’s disturbing that they did it, and it’s disturbing that you endeavor to argue endlessly over it.
It wasn't local Police.

I agree it was wrong. I am arguing the stupidity of your nonsensical projections. Not complicated.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:01 AM

Quote:
I agree it was wrong.
This is the only thing you needed to type.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
It wasn’t a “few dogs”. It was 15 dogs, including a litter of pups. You aren’t doing your defense any favors by insistently downplaying this fact.

I *do* believe that your government is currently showing a totalitarian streak with its over-the-top shutdowns of people and movement. My own sister is hiding out in her Melbourne home right now. I have a handle on what’s going on. You can stop insulting my intelligence now. It’s not making your case any stronger.
Yes I know you do, and you using the mistaken euthanising of a few stray dogs to support your view is the disingenuous nonsense that I am pointing out to you. If you don't want to be challenged on your silly tropes, perhaps give some thought to them before you bother dribbling them out.

Your sister is not "hiding out" in her home. There you go again with drivel.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:03 AM

13,440 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
I don’t think that anybody in this thread has made a generalization of Australia as dog killers.

I think people are shocked that local powers that be there elected to snuff out a large pack of dogs in an effort to prevent good people from rescuing them. That’s the story. That’s what is so upsetting. Rules so broad and far reaching that killing dogs was seen as preferable to this town than allowing people freewill to get these dogs out of there. Surely you can understand the outrage from that standpoint?

Ps: Affenpinschers are fantastic dogs.
Yes aren’t they? May he RIP. I mentioned it before, but the other 3 animals we brought back to Oz, after a really arduous process of quarantine and vaccine passports, ironically.

Of course I understand the outrage. People here are outraged too. But that doesn’t excuse the narrative that this is some kind of routine practice done by “Australia”. The poster I referenced asked silly things like “doesn’t Australia” have PPE. Well yes, Australia does.

It also has very precious remote indigenous communities that places like Bourke are in the middle of, and I’m also trying to explain why the virus getting out in those areas would be catastrophic for those peoples, and it’s a misguided overreaction by some dude that’s trying to keep the virus out of there. Which they really actually need to do. Perhaps not like that.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:03 AM

Quote:
This is the only thing you needed to type.
The whole country agrees it was wrong including the government. Yet it is totalitarianism running us... It doesn't get much more silly than this.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
The whole country agrees it was wrong including the government. Yet it is totalitarianism running us... It doesn't get much more silly than this.
You seem very uptight. Perhaps you should go get your daily hour of state-allowed exercise now.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:16 AM

Quote:
You seem very uptight. Perhaps you should go get your daily hour of state-allowed exercise now.
There you go again with your ignorance and projection. Australia, with 6 States in total, has 2 States with any restrictions.

I'm not remotely uptight. Life is good. I know no one with Covid, and no one I know, knows anyone with covid let alone anyone who died from it.

Actually I forgot my mates in the US. They all know someone who has Covid and most know someone who died from it. Oh and they also had mask mandates and lockdown restrictions and vaccine passports. And they all blame their current situation on those who won't get vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies