Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2021, 07:08 AM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Cue the 102958129081239081231 excuses why that can't happen.

Seriously. If we're not swimming in hospital capacity by now, the entire public health establishment needs to be fired. No more excuses. Make. It. Happen. IDGAF.
We’re not swimming in hospital capacity because of medical staff shortage:they are all burned out. There is nobody left to fire.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:22 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
We’re not swimming in hospital capacity because of medical staff shortage:they are all burned out. There is nobody left to fire.
Our useless public health bureaucrats are burned out? What did they do to be burned out?

Are they flying around the world in massive recruitment drives for doctors and nurses? Calling up the National Guard? What exactly did they do that is productive towards this effort?

Old 12-05-2021, 08:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Our useless public health bureaucrats are burned out? What did they do to be burned out?

Are they flying around the world in massive recruitment drives for doctors and nurses? Calling up the National Guard? What exactly did they do that is productive towards this effort?
Well, they did fire thousands of healthcare workers.

Does that count?

Anyone who still can't see the idiocy surrounding every step of this will never see it. I'm pretty much convinced of that now.

Heads in sand, butts in air, sleeves rolled up for another injection, heels dug in for another round of propaganda. Oh, and pass the masks, please!

Old 12-07-2021, 05:18 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, they did fire thousands of healthcare workers.

Does that count?

Anyone who still can't see the idiocy surrounding every step of this will never see it. I'm pretty much convinced of that now.

Heads in sand, butts in air, sleeves rolled up for another injection, heels dug in for another round of propaganda. Oh, and pass the masks, please!
What would you do, another lockdown?

Old 12-07-2021, 06:55 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What would you do, another lockdown?
No, they think they aren't going to get very sick, or think their immune system will ward off Covid. They also tend to think that the deaths from Covid number is greatly inflated because reasons.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:00 AM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No, they think they aren't going to get very sick, or think their immune system will ward off Covid. They also tend to think that the deaths from Covid number is greatly inflated because reasons.
Ideologically I agree to an extent of both. I don't try to put my political beliefs to practical use when the life and health of myself and those around me are at stake.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:11 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Then when they end up in hospitals and the ICU the families harass the medical staff demanding vaccinations, ivermectin, while they say prayers and insist God is going to cure their loved one or the loved one is so strong they will recover given enough time. They drag on for weeks and weeks because the family simply can't accept that they are only "alive" because they are attached to twenty different machines and drips and if the nurse pulls the plug, they will be dead in 30 seconds. They lose weight till they look like skeletons, have no brain function from hypoxia, have bed sores, bleed from their mouths and anuses because their livers are shot and finally die.

THAT is the reality for thousands each week who refuse vaccination.

Old 12-07-2021, 09:39 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are more likely to die in a car crash than from COVID.

I assume you don't drive, don't ride in cars and stay away from cars in every why possible to ensure you are not in an active car crash, hit by a car, or are a passenger in a car crash.

Why not give yourself all the protection possible and just say no to CARS?????
You assume incorrectly. I drive. To maximize my risk of not being injured in a car, I wear a seatbelt and follow the law. It will not guarantee I won’t die, but it maximizes my chances. Just like being vaccinated maximizes my risk for not catching COVID or being seriously hospitalized if I did get it.

Old 12-07-2021, 10:01 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
So do those “unvaccinated idiots.”

Pretty much everyone makes some poor health choices that leads them to poor health down the road.

COVID is not new, we’re going on 2 years. Lack of hospital capacity is not the fault of the unvaccinated but politicians.
Hospitals are largely private and for profit now. They have been “consolidating” for years. Their lack, especially in rural areas, has nothing to do with the government. It does have to do with lack of governmental oversight, but even that is likely a state thing. We do not have a highly centralized federal government in many ways, as does China, for instance.

I do know that Idaho had to send covid patients to Washington, because they had a lower vax rate and overcrowded hospitals because of covid cases.

I think the closest thing to getting more hospital care to people would be through the National Guard. And in fact, that is how I received my two vaxxes. The National Guard was mobilized, by the governor of WA, and they gave mass vaxxes at the county fairgrounds. I suppose that if docs, nurses and techs were mobilized, say, in a field hospital for covid patients, the personnel would be pulled from already overstressed, existing medical facilities.

There aren’t simple sweeping answers here. Where would the government get extra docs, nurses and techs for new hospitals?

I do think we are underhospitalized in this country. But I doubt there are quick fixes. I do think the civid crisus has exposed this weakness.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:00 PM

32 posts, read 8,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice
Indeed..... EVERYONE who comes out agaisnt them SOMEHOW DIES OF THIS!!

Gimme a break..... Why do people believe this???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies