Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:25 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,882,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
The gun recall 24 years ago, was for Automatic and semi Automatic riffles for the most part. I lived on a farm at the time, and were required to hand back a semi automatic .22, while we could keep a bolt action 303 Brit, the .303 was the standard issue rifle for Australian soldiers during world war 2, and obviously is very capable of killing a person.

The bottom line is its quite easy to obtain a bolt action magazine feed rifle in Australia. However far harder to obtain a semi-Automatics, or military style rifles
Your allowed to have freedom ,BUT not too much freedom.
Kind of like my dog with a shock collar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 06:31 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,127 times
Quote:
The gun recall 24 years ago, was for Automatic and semi Automatic riffles for the most part. I lived on a farm at the time, and were required to hand back a semi automatic .22, while we could keep a bolt action 303 Brit, the .303 was the standard issue rifle for Australian soldiers during world war 2, and obviously is very capable of killing a person.

The bottom line is its quite easy to obtain a bolt action magazine feed rifle in Australia. However far harder to obtain a semi-Automatics, or military style rifles
...i'm sure you a quite correct and i have no reason to doubt what you say...

...however, i would humbly assert that the "bottom line" , in reference to gun ownership, is what you are witnessing in Oz at the moment..

Old 08-22-2021, 06:34 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,687,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
And nearby:

New Zealand to go into national lockdown over one Covid case

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...one-covid-case
Yep, if you are going to do lockdown, it makes sense to do it at one case rather than at 147000 cases.

There have been a few posters who have unironically highlighted the one case.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:36 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,504,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Your allowed to have freedom ,BUT not too much freedom.
Kind of like my dog with a shock collar.
Do you have the freedom to visit a legal brothel in your part of the USA? We have one just up the road from my place, ironically its also rather close to a gun shop, and full open with no COVID restrictions.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:39 PM

6,348 posts, read 2,901,596 times
Quote:
Do you have the freedom to visit a legal brothel in your part of the USA? We have one just up the road from my place, ironically its rather close to a gun shop
How is brothel business in covid times? Is the brothel a super spreader site?

Old 08-22-2021, 06:42 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,327,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I wish them luck. I always love it when the silent majority take back their power from the elites and authoritarian nannies. Cops out where I live would never enforce such orders and would end up dead if they tried.

Can I ask what state or E/W/N/S location in that state? I'd love to move there honestly

Old 08-22-2021, 06:43 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
If it happened here a whole lot of people would be in a world of hurt. Perhaps that is exactly what we need to nip this developing leftist police state in the bud. The trucking industry is THE most important industry to our modern lifestyle. There is very little local and regional industry in the US in most of the nation. A few days without trucks and supplies would run out. And unless you are an Amish community or something into prepping, your stomach would start growling very quickly.
You stop deliveries from those big rigs for just one week - everything gets really, really bad.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:45 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times

Old 08-22-2021, 06:46 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,504,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
How is brothel business in covid times? Is the brothel a super spreader site?
Obviously you cannot social distance in a brothel, therefore businesses like that are the first to shut and last to reopen.

I am an accountant by occupation, and one of our biggest clients operates 2 strip clubs, among many other investments. So if you want a full breakdown of the financial impact, I am actually in a good position to tell you that.

Though in the interest of research, i actually did google the site of our local, and confirmed its indeed open for business, we actually no restrictions in QLD at all at the moment, other than to a mask mandate inside a business, that is not designed for the consumption of food or drink.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:46 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You may not have seen the massive protests all over Australia. They are sick of the prison conditions the sick bureaucrats are imposing now, like "You can only leave home for an hour a day to exercise and cannot stray farther than half a mile or be fined $1000" is just one! The straw that broke the camel's back was requiring all truckers to be vaxed.

One of them put out a TikTok video telling citizens to stock up on everything and sit tight for a couple of weeks because they were planning to bring down the Government, with the help of veterans. Yeah, baby!

Wanna bet that will happen here, too? Domino effect all over Europe?
Why do you lie so much.

I already provided you with source information in another thread that proved the absurdity of your delusions.

Is your strategy just to spread around the lie as much as possible and hope you suck other in?

Again, not one of your claims is accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies