Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 07:05 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
No, he does not as was already explained. Anything else?
Except, you are wrong. Clearly, he was exposed if he tested positive. And, I will point out again, if he was hit by that tree in such a manner that it crushed his spine it is not unreasonable that it probably damaged organs in the same area. Both kidney and liver malfunctioning qualify a person at high risk.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...ntion-covid-19
Quote:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today revised the emergency use authorization (EUA) for REGEN-COV (casirivimab and imdevimab, administered together) authorizing REGEN-COV for emergency use as post-exposure prophylaxis (prevention) for COVID-19 in adults and pediatric individuals (12 years of age and older weighing at least 40 kg) who are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death. REGEN-COV is not authorized for pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent COVID-19 before being exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 virus -- only after exposure to the virus. Health care providers should review the Fact Sheet for detailed information about the use of REGEN-COV for post-exposure prophylaxis.
But, I sincerely do thank you - and I mean that. I can not take the vaccine for medical reasons and I have multiple high risk co-morbidities. According to what I just read I might qualify to get the monoclonal antibodies based on things written further down in the report, so I am going to contact my doctor as soon as I finish typing this post. I would not have known that had I not been looking for qualifications for asymptotic use of monoclonal antibodies, so your mule-headedness, while wrong about Abbott, might have achieved something good.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:28 AM

19,034 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
" Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he has tested negative for COVID-19, just four days after testing positive."
https://www.aol.com/news/texas-gov-g...162844244.html

4 days?? Is it possible his positive test was wrong?

One Elon Musk had 4 tests done. 2 came positive, 2 came negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 08:23 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Except, you are wrong. Clearly, he was exposed if he tested positive. And, I will point out again, if he was hit by that tree in such a manner that it crushed his spine it is not unreasonable that it probably damaged organs in the same area. Both kidney and liver malfunctioning qualify a person at high risk.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...ntion-covid-19

But, I sincerely do thank you - and I mean that. I can not take the vaccine for medical reasons and I have multiple high risk co-morbidities. According to what I just read I might qualify to get the monoclonal antibodies based on things written further down in the report, so I am going to contact my doctor as soon as I finish typing this post. I would not have known that had I not been looking for qualifications for asymptotic use of monoclonal antibodies, so your mule-headedness, while wrong about Abbott, might have achieved something good.
Ok, you are right, I missed that very recent update. My bad. "Mild-to-moderate" was in the spring guidance.

"REGEN-COV also remains authorized for the treatment of mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients (12 years of age and older weighing at least 40 kg) with positive results of direct SARS-CoV-2 viral testing, and who are at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death."

Old 08-23-2021, 08:34 AM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Why is he a hypocrite for that? You realize that treatment is available to anyone who qualifies for it, and he does qualify?
And he does qualify abbott is in a high risk group being disable!

Old 08-23-2021, 09:46 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
One Elon Musk had 4 tests done. 2 came positive, 2 came negative.

I believe he said "something bogus is going on here"

Old 08-23-2021, 12:00 PM

17,624 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Must have been yours because the governor took a covid test.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:03 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
" Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he has tested negative for COVID-19, just four days after testing positive."

He may have main-lined some bleach to knock it out 'pronto'....

Old 08-23-2021, 01:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:

Reportedly he claimed to be asymptomatic and was treated with the Regeneron anti- body infusion in the governor’s mansion. It’s targeted for those at high risk of hospitalization. Don’t know if Abbot has a medical condition or he got it because he’s Governor.

Reportedly, it is most effective when given while the patient is asymptomatic or has very mild symptoms.
The supply is vastly less than the number of people being diagnosed.

Like all treatments this one carries risks of side effects.

The Federal Government pays for it as well as the cost of administering the infusion.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:40 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:

Yes, it is called a false positive.
/end thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies